The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Hank von Hell said:

Could we sign Goodwillie and have him doing hard labour on a chain gang during the week and playing football on a Saturday?

That might please everyone. 

That would work for me, but only if we can stipulate the following caveats:

1) We sign him on a 15 year deal on amateur terms.

2) We immediately loan him out to FC Bar(ca)linnie.

3) He agrees to participate in their 24/7 in-house training programme.

4) he admits to and accepts responsibility for his crime.

6 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

You need to dig a wee bit deeper. Martindale was “installed” by an unknown 3rd party at Livingston, and despite any manner of managerial appointments or removals, he remains untouched. I would suggest there is a reason for that.

He is of such good character that in 2017 this guy who only occupies the lane marked “straight and narrow” was nailed by the police for concealment of assets under proceeds of crime laws, and had to hand over £35k. A good character?

Eh? You're delusional :D He was given a job helping out at training sessions by Mark Burchill, due to their link at Broxburn Athletic where they knew each other from. Burchill was born in Broxburn and was involved in the local club at the same time Martindale was coaching with them.

He's stayed 'untouched' at us because he's been incredibly successful. Under his recruitment (a job given to him by Hopkin) he took us from where you are now to the Premiership in two seasons. 

7 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

We’ve seen the virtue signalling and posturing all before. The truth is if you do sign DG it will make no significant difference to your attendance. A few will stick to their guns and stop attending, maybe that will be offset by more fans turning up if you can get a winning team on the park. The outrage around the signing will subside as the goals rattle in and DG will score plenty of goals, he’s the best striker outside of the premier league imo. From that perspective I hope you don’t sign him and he stays at Clyde.

Sadly I think you're right. 

Guest Ecosse83
32 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Fair play to falkirk. I know you are desperate to get back up the leagues but signing a rapist was something that I didn’t think even you would stoop to.

We haven’t signed him and despite the hysteria on here we probably won’t be signing him. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
8 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

We haven’t signed him and despite the hysteria on here we probably won’t be signing him. 

I’m pretty certain now that he is being considered and if we don’t sign him then it will be because of the ‘hysteria’ on here. 

18 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I’m pretty certain now that he is being considered and if we don’t sign him then it will be because of the ‘hysteria’ on here. 

Or the offer doesn’t meet Clyde’s valuation?

25 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I very much doubt the hysteria on here will have anything to do with it.  Can just see the bod saying every time they need to make a decision  okay hang on a minute before we do that I need to check what the folk on pie and Bovril think. 

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I very much doubt the hysteria on here will have anything to do with it.  Can just see the bod saying every time they need to make a decision  okay hang on a minute before we do that I need to check what the folk on pie and Bovril think. 

1. The board/club 100% read this forum (and other fan sites).

2.  Nobody is suggesting that is a feasible way to run a club or make the vast majority of decisions but can you stop playing this down as if it’s no big deal.

You’ve certainly changed your tune now your pals are calling the shots.

43 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I reckon if we don't sign him it will be because Clyde want too much money. 

I'm about 90% certain he'll sign. We have just had an influx of cash via Patrons and the statement yesterday made it sound like we need to go up this year or next. Goodwillie is the ultimate panic button move.

Lafferty at 2k a week or even 3k a week gives you an end total of 12k/18k for the rest of the season. As opposed to Goodwillie who's going to cost 50k possibly along with his 1.5k wage, a hell of a lot of bad press and a lot of fans leaving.

Lafferty however we'd have to compete to sign so it all depends on how pally Miller really is with him. Rennie did talk about wanting more of a presence in the box and Lafferty would certainly provide that. Obviously may still be looking for more than 3k as I have no idea roughly what he was on at Killie.

5 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Eh? You're delusional :D He was given a job helping out at training sessions by Mark Burchill, due to their link at Broxburn Athletic where they knew each other from. Burchill was born in Broxburn and was involved in the local club at the same time Martindale was coaching with them.

He's stayed 'untouched' at us because he's been incredibly successful. Under his recruitment (a job given to him by Hopkin) he took us from where you are now to the Premiership in two seasons. 

Delusional? Check your facts. Burchill had hee-haw to do with his appointment. Untouched? Check your facts again.  He tried to sell a property he was joint owner of and had hidden from police. Soon as it became known what he was up to, he had to shell out £35k for proceeds of crime….that was in 2017, well into his time with you.  Clearly you have no idea what goes on at your “club”. 

You’re another “nothing to see here, just look the other way” supporter.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So the new directors including the fans representatives, some of whom frequent this forum, won’t take heed of this and other social media about such a hugely emotive issue? 

Wish the DGW saga was over one way or another as it is the new COVID/BREXIT. Page after page after page

As it should be just now!
Unless you want him at the club?
Too many posters that appear to be happy to wait until it’s too late to complain…

3 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Wish the DGW saga was over one way or another as it is the new COVID/BREXIT. Page after page after page

Nope. Better to keep talking about it and hopefully stop the signing happening than to stop talking about it just because you find it a saga.