The Falkirk FC Thread

Poor Ned.

Making up rivalries, getting the wrong club and now his only comeback is picking up on a typo. Its been a downward spiral, hasnt it?

:huh:

My 'only comeback' wasn't in any way related to any of the 'rival' posts I made earlier, just a pure and simple post pointing out that his typo was similar to that of yon inspector bloke from 'Allo allo'.

Not sure that I've ever picked up on a typo in all my 12 years on this board, I make far to many of them myself to give a hoot.

Hopefully a few more signings targets crawl out of the woodwork this week now we're back from Ireland.

I wouldn't put money on it. I think we'll get more interest just before the season kicks off. I am sure there are players out there who have had offers and are weighing them up hoping for a bigger and better deal somewhere else. Most of the agents will be encouraging them to hold out til the last minute.

I must say I'm disappointed so far, was expecting better activity like most real fans.

Edited by bejazz1

Sounds like 2 good performances and good score lines on the road in Ireland.

Goals breed confidence, especially in the strikers so hopefully they can keep that going into the 2 home friendlies versus Hamilton and Partick. Whilst not that glamorous, both will be good meaningful tests.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Just listened to the post match interviews from yesterday, sounds like both McHugh & Heffernan will be signed but he's also looking at another experienced striker with 1 or 2 more coming in for training.

Just listened to the post match interviews from yesterday, sounds like both McHugh & Heffernan will be signed but he's also looking at another experienced striker with 1 or 2 more coming in for training.

Baird, McHugh, Heffernan and one other.

Sheppard and o`hara as development league strikers.

What injury did McHugh have that kept him out for so long? Any chance that could reoccur? Distant Doonhamer is right though, after some Queens fans 'opinions' of Baird I'm more keen to judge on what he can do now and 4 goals in two 45 min appearances (albeit against poor opposition) is a good start.

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Similar to Baird going to Falkirk a good number of our fans will be disparaging about this signing based on his time with us.

FWIW, like Baird, I think he`ll do well with Falkirk.

He will score 15+ next season, two crackers he scored yesterday...

As I've said previously about Baird and other players, sometimes a club fits a player, I would say Raith and ourselves are good fits for Baird..... Qos not so

Hopefully same result with McHugh

Baird, McHugh, Heffernan and one other.

Sheppard and o`hara as development league strikers.

I'd agree, from what I hear also, Biabi is a done deal and they are simply waiting on key figures in the deal getting back round the table. That should easily see the funding in place for another experienced forward.

I'd agree, from what I hear also, Biabi is a done deal and they are simply waiting on key figures in the deal getting back round the table. That should easily see the funding in place for another experienced forward.

any news on how much they are letting him go for. Hopefully they will put some clauses in the deal.