The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

a new culture based on high standards of professionalism and performance, and characterised by openness, inclusiveness, teamwork, integrity and respect. We are a community club, which must do a better job of engaging with all of our stakeholders throughout Falkirk district, whether supporters, sponsors, schools, boys and girls clubs or other associations and organisations. In doing so we aim to regain our status as a real community asset and a source of genuine pride for everyone in our community.

They cannot say this and sign Goodwillie. One or the other.

Guest TedCrilly
1 minute ago, Zbairn said:

You've based that comment on what ? An assumption or fact ?

I had just edited my post to add in that hopefully I’m reading far too much into it.

5 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

There are posters on this site who know board members, patrons etc, surely to feck they know how signing Goodwillie is going to go down with a large number of our supporters. They can’t seriously think it’s a good idea or good for the so called “community club” image they are building.

Disappointingly, as much as the reaction on this website is more or less unanimous, take a look over on social media and it’s a completely different story.

Not reading too much into that statement as it can mean a lot of things but it’s feasible that the Board have made a calculation that the majority of fans, if not overly happy with it, won’t let it affect their support of the club.

2 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Disappointingly, as much as the reaction on this website is more or less unanimous, take a look over on social media and it’s a completely different story.

Not reading too much into that statement as it can mean a lot of things but it’s feasible that the Board have made a calculation that the majority of fans, if not overly happy with it, won’t let it affect their support of the club.

I’m not on FB or twitter or anything like that, disappointing that there are fans who are in favour of signing him. I’d rather stay in league one forever than sign him.

Christ. Can't believe what I've just read. Punch in the stomach right there. 

Board need to clarify what they meant by that. If they even INTEND to sign him/chase him, I want every single one of them gone immediately. 

A lifetime of memories up in smoke if that means what I think it means

Tbh it’s an odd line to put in the statement at all. It reads to me as the board saying it’s basically our way or the highway. 

Not a great look to me when the board is exclusively comprised of members of one group that owns a minority stake in the club.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m not on FB or twitter or anything like that, disappointing that there are fans who are in favour of signing him. I’d rather stay in league one forever than sign him.

There are two 'main' FB groups. One is COYB (which I got banned from for saying McKinnon was no better than Hartley and would get us relegated) and the other is the Falkirk Football Club Fans Group, which I'm still a member of.

The latter has a significant number of people who think Goodwillie has done nothing wrong, that we should sign him, that it was just a lads night out, that the lassie is a gold digger, that he's never done anything wrong etc..

It's really disappointing.

Just now, Hughsie said:

This is probably my position as well as a lot of others I'd imagine.

I would be very disappointed with Goodwillie (or any other rapist) signing for the club and would certainly write to the club to express as much. However, it won't actually stop me renewing my season ticket next season or withdrawing my FSS pledge. 

I’ve got two comments to make here.
1. If we sign Goodwillie then that probably trumps all previous board decisions for incompetence and board suicide.
2. What’s the thoughts of those on here that were telling us all to ‘chill out’? Should we all just remain silent until the deed is done or continue to voice our disdain re this in the hope that the board will take notice? It seems to me that they have taken notice of our unhappiness that Holt remained in position, and re the lack of communication and quickly move to address both, so we need to make sure that our unhappiness on this matter continues to be heard before it’s too late.

There are two 'main' FB groups. One is COYB (which I got banned from for saying McKinnon was no better than Hartley and would get us relegated) and the other is the Falkirk Football Club Fans Group, which I'm still a member of.
The latter has a significant number of people who think Goodwillie has done nothing wrong, that we should sign him, that it was just a lads night out, that the lassie is a gold digger, that he's never done anything wrong etc..
It's really disappointing.
I've just deactivated FB but I'm pretty sure the COYB page is equally abhorrent in this regard.

Our short-term priority is, of course, to support Martin and Kenny and give them the resources they need to put a winning team on the pitch. To do that, we’ll always make decisions we believe to be in the best interests of the club, whether those decisions are popular with all fans or unpopular with some. 

So when is DGW getting announced?

Not a fan one bit of any of this.

Someone with a profile picture of him with his (presumably) daugher comparing Goodwillie to Ched Evans, an innocent man locked up.

We have the club we deserve.

I'm not having my daughters cheering on a rapist, so I'll not be back as long as he's there, and to be honest I'd struggle to go back as long as the people who decided to sign a rapist are still at the club.
Its the statements inference of "we know hes a rapist, but winning is more important" that in all honesty, IF that statement WAS the preamble to signing him, would add an extra layer of disappointment to the whole thing.

If it comes to pass then that statement is effectively acknowledgement that its out of order but doing it anyway.

This is probably my position as well as a lot of others I'd imagine.
I would be very disappointed with Goodwillie (or any other rapist) signing for the club and would certainly write to the club to express as much. However, it won't actually stop me renewing my season ticket next season or withdrawing my FSS pledge. 
That reaction is probably what the board will be banking on if the intention is to go through with this.