The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

No problem to me bud but for starters IF you are indeed a falkirk supporter the clubs troubles have been pretty much been well documented and even the least ITK person (I would say myself as an example) know about the AT threatening a fellow board member It was also in the media.

If you are the poster that I mentioned that has used multiple aliases which I would guess you are then you will resort back to old habits (and am not going to mention them) and out yourself.

As for your identity unless your Henry the mild mannered janitor (those of a certain age will work that one out) I personally couldn't give a flying f**K and isn't troublesome in the slightest.

“ If  I am a Falkirk supporter “

what would  make you insinuate that i am not  ? 
Who on earth do you think I am ?

I think there is a lot of paranoia on this forum ,maybe cut down in the caffeine intake ?

I don’t recall a threatened assault being in the papers but then again I don’t remember what I had for my evening meal last week

The fact that someone new can come on a forum to try get their head round what is going on at their club from a range of different people ,with quite clearly ranging intelligence levels makes me some kind of impersonator or imposter

Everyone has an opinion , open your mind , dare I even say it your heart and embrace that ,rather than be a sceptic all your days …..

25 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Not talking about withholding money, talking about anyone questioning Holt getting treated like they were having a go at the new board. That was all.

My gripe was with people complaining that the bod were as bad as the last lot as they hadn't sacked Holt yet. There wasn't many who thought keeping Holt was a good idea and that obviously included the new bod.  As some of us tried to say be patient and the right outcome will happen and lo and behold it did. I'm confident the same outcome will occur with the likes of AT but I'm not getting my knickers in a knot because it hasn't happened yet.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

My gripe is that people keep talking about Anton Dowds as if he's our saviour when in reality those same people were most likely calling him pish or 'too overweight' when he was with us. Yes he's a better option than what we have but that's not exactly hard to beat with Ompreon & Wilson there.

1 hour ago, hopestreetpuddle said:

“ If  I am a Falkirk supporter “

what would  make you insinuate that i am not  ? 
Who on earth do you think I am ?

I think there is a lot of paranoia on this forum ,maybe cut down in the caffeine intake ?

I don’t recall a threatened assault being in the papers but then again I don’t remember what I had for my evening meal last week

The fact that someone new can come on a forum to try get their head round what is going on at their club from a range of different people ,with quite clearly ranging intelligence levels makes me some kind of impersonator or imposter

Everyone has an opinion , open your mind , dare I even say it your heart and embrace that ,rather than be a sceptic all your days …..

f**k off edi

Guest Caractacus Potts

No qualms about them taking a bit of time to bring in new players. Rennie and Miller need to assess who’s available and make sure to get the right guys in.

Hopefully Miller can utilise some of his contacts in the game for some decent acquisitions. 

2 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

No qualms about them taking a bit of time to bring in new players. Rennie and Miller need to assess who’s available and make sure to get the right guys in.

Hopefully Miller can utilise some of his contacts in the game for some decent acquisitions. 

I understand today (Tuesday) we tabled a formal bid for Goodwillie. I hope Clyde accept, and that the player gets a chance to put his past behind him and does a job for us. 

I understand some people wont like it but   I'm sure he regrets his missdemenour and only he will know the truth. 

Guest Back Post Misses
6 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

You say that like Rennie doesn’t have any. I have said it before and I will again he knows the game in Scotland a lot better than most realise. 

My gripe is that people keep talking about Anton Dowds as if he's our saviour when in reality those same people were most likely calling him pish or 'too overweight' when he was with us. Yes he's a better option than what we have but that's not exactly hard to beat with Ompreon & Wilson there.
I mean, it can be both. I was never as hard on Dowds as some were, but he objectively wasnt very good for us. Personally I thought he needed more time with us and more football. Think that bore out when it came out that he struggled with covid. But still. Most are happy that our player has gone away and done well I think, and want him to come back and do well.

The only question amongst all that was the fact that Holt had badmouthed him. But he is gone now. Get Dowds back. Hes our asset.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I mean, it can be both. I was never as hard on Dowds as some were, but he objectively wasnt very good for us. Personally I thought he needed more time with us and more football. Think that bore out when it came out that he struggled with covid. But still. Most are happy that our player has gone away and done well I think, and want him to come back and do well.

The only question amongst all that was the fact that Holt had badmouthed him. But he is gone now. Get Dowds back. Hes our asset.

Pretty much sums the situation with Dowds. It was clear he found the step up from part time to full time difficult. Had a few chances in the starting eleven and unlucky that the few chances he got he would crack the post or crossbar, confidence lost and became the whipping boy for many. Sometimes a change of scene suits players and looks like he’s taken his chance. Will be good to see him back under Rennie and as said he’s our player to loose.

10 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I don't think anyone is doing that but will happy to be proven wrong if you can find a post saying that dowds is our saviour .  He's limited but seems to have hit a bit of form at Arbroath which is more than I can say about any of the strikers we have.  He's worth a shot during January to see how he goes. Rennie will have seen him in training so will know all about him. I just feel it seems crazy to pay towards him scoring goals elsewhere whilst our strikers are firing blanks. Doesn't change the fact that we need at least one decent striker in the door this window .

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

You say that like Rennie doesn’t have any. I have said it before and I will again he knows the game in Scotland a lot better than most realise. 

I don’t doubt that but said Miller purely as he will have a vast number of contacts. Many at decent clubs.

You seem to want to interpret everything as a slight on the board or management team! It isn’t.