The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

As long as the odious AT is hanging about the club anythings possible. It's common knowledge he was the one that leaked the story regarding our finances to the press. The fact it was a load of complete tosh didn't bother him one bit.

That is a couple of time you have mentioned AT and “hangers on” what does he still do for the club? 
I thought that all “hangers on” where now gone ? Who do you mean ? 

The boy who started the Goodwillie chat on the other Facebook group has now locked it as he doesn’t want fans arguing with each other. Not sure what he expected to be honest.

We’ve had corkers such as “never been found guilty of anything in a criminal court” (wrong), “being found innocent in a criminal court” (wrong), that it was a lads’ night out and she was drunk, and that she is just some money-grabber.

Getting rid of Holt to sign a fucking rapist would be peak Falkirk.

16 minutes ago, Gaz said:

We’ve had corkers such as “never been found guilty of anything in a criminal court” (wrong), “being found innocent in a criminal court” (wrong),

I don’t want him anywhere near us (and would be reluctant to attend matches if he signed) but I believe both of those statements are correct. Albeit, there never was a criminal trial in the first place to find him innocent.

It was a civil court that decided against him- they can’t find anyone guilty of anything. 

Edited by PedroMoutinho

3 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I don’t want him anywhere near us (and would be reluctant to attend matches if he signed) but I believe both of those statements are correct. Albeit, there never was a criminal trial in the first place to find him innocent.

It was a civil court that decided against him- they can’t find anyone guilty of anything. 

He was found guilty of assault when he was younger.

As you say, he wasn’t found innocent in a criminal court as there wasn‘t enough evidence to take it to trial.

Both statements are wrong.

6 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

He pled guilty/found guilty in criminal court on two separate occasions for assault (not related  to the sexual assault) 

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Think you’ve missed the point. 

The design of the stadium was a massive mistake. The Council wanted a 4 floor office complex incorporated onto the main stand and got their way that sucked the finance out of funding the other stands.

Should have been 4 lower capacity stands with fans closer to the action.

FFC were played for mugs by the council and suckered into being a football club with no assets but saddled with being lease holders of a not very good stadium.

I think we would struggle to get work permits in league one for Asian and American nationals.

David Weatherston is currently in Norway and doing a fair bit of analysis on the players there and across Scandinavia. He had identified the young guy Hibs have just signed, I would hope somebody could get in touch with him as one of ex players for some insight.

12 minutes ago, BudBairn said:

Sorry to change the subject, but do we think Rennie will be looking at bringing in some South Korean or American players? There must be a few hidden gems.

Anyone have any knowledge of those markets?

One of my friends sons has a green card and we discussed American soccer ( as they call it ) few years ago.

Very discipled on and off the park. High individual skill but channeled into a set team pattern. Little individuality on the field of play but as a team very effective.

Concluded that comes from the American Football mindset on field sport.

Just one guys opinion but interesting none the less.

25 minutes ago, BudBairn said:

Sorry to change the subject, but do we think Rennie will be looking at bringing in some South Korean or American players? There must be a few hidden gems.

Anyone have any knowledge of those markets?

Never going to happen. We don’t offer enough in wages for these guys to relocate and the club can’t afford to pay for the accommodation 

Just now, Rocco said:

Never going to happen. We don’t offer enough in wages for these guys to relocate and the club can’t afford to pay for the accommodation 

The wages would be a problem but I think we have and do pay for accommodation sometimes- like Akeel Francis last year.

Tbh the wages below MLS level in the US are not particularly high for most players, so may be affordable if we were in the championship. I haven’t a clue what the situation is in South Korea

I think the work permit would be the biggest issue.

18 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The design of the stadium was a massive mistake. The Council wanted a 4 floor office complex incorporated onto the main stand and got their way that sucked the finance out of funding the other stands.

FFC were played for mugs by the council and suckered into being a football club with no assets but saddled with being lease holders of a not very good stadium.

Another one who has completely missed the point. Referencing Hearts new stand was an example of how fan ownership benefited the club, we’d obviously be free to use any potential financial gain as a club in which ever way we deemed appropriate. I’ve zero interest in going over ancient history and whether or not the stadium partnership was a good or bad deal for the club at the time. I prefer to look forward. 

I think we would struggle to get work permits in league one for Asian and American nationals.
David Weatherston is currently in Norway and doing a fair bit of analysis on the players there and across Scandinavia. He had identified the young guy Hibs have just signed, I would hope somebody could get in touch with him as one of ex players for some insight.

That might be a shout, Scandinavia was always a good place to pick up a few gems on champ man. Might be visa issues with brexit though.

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

One of my friends sons has a green card and we discussed American soccer ( as they call it ) few years ago.

Very discipled on and off the park. High individual skill but channeled into a set team pattern. Little individuality on the field of play but as a team very effective.

Concluded that comes from the American Football mindset on field sport.

Just one guys opinion but interesting none the less.

Thats one of the misgivings about Rennie - I don't doubt his credentials and ability but he's used to cultures where dedication, deference, infrastructure and mindset are totally different.

In the US/Asia, foreign coaches are valued whereas in the UK the perception is possibly inverted.

8 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

this is certainly one time I'll not be trying to go on a wind up about. 

@cb_diamond, trying to make light of a situation like this is fucking disgusting. Have a word, you rocket. 

Incredible gaslighting of the lolkirk boys for greenies there agent Alli. Well played and much more subtle than your usual dross. 👏👏

Edited by cb_diamond

39 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I may be in the minority but I like the Falkirk Stadium. It has its cons but I’m always impressed by the grandeur of the Main stand anytime I’m driving by or walking to the ground pre-match. 

I understand the arguments for something smaller but I’ve worked at St.Mirrens stadium several times and it’s not for me. The atmosphere is just as poor and there is no good vantage point for the match. 

We’ll forever get slagged for having 3 stands but we’re not the only club to have that and some of those that slag us have an empty stand most weeks. Would be great to have something there in the future but as mentioned there isn’t really the requirement for extra seats.