The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Hugh hill said:

Holt goes ,now people want to talk about goodwillie, didn't realise he has signed ,why would club pay transfer fee for a 33 Yr old.

Because they're desperate as feck? Guaranteed most of your fans have booed him every time he's played against you and now many of those same panto fans like the idea of him being signed. 

Comical stuff. 

Happy to see Falkirk now take the light of shame away from us. Goodwillie should just finish his career at Clyde. Their fans seem to have broadly accepted him and he would just divide any other fan base. I wouldn’t be back at Stark’s Park if we signed him.

9 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

There is a post on Facebook where some charmer actually attempts to dismiss the Goodwillie issue because it was a lads night out and the girl was completely drunk.

Quite disgusting.

Yep, seen that. I’d love to say ‘unbelievable’, but sadly it’s completely believable.

3 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

So would you prefer that fans didn't let their feelings be heard?

It hopefully is just a rumour however, how would you feel if this turns out be legitimate and the club sign him? Would be a bit late in the day to complain about it would it not?

In this instance, my personal take is that I would far rather see over reaction than under reaction. If his signing doesn’t happen, then the flowing river that is the nature of this type of forum means that all reference to it will be washed away in a week or two.

It is for me, 100% valid for people to voice their concerns here and now.

As a Clyde man…how much would be acceptable to Falkirk fans  to buy Goodwillie ? It’s amazing how things change once the goals go flying in and I don’t see any player in the Falkirk team which we would take to replace cold hard cash in a deal providing cash plus players…..can’t see it happening Bairns….

21 minutes ago, 51 Bairn said:

Just to add some wild thoughts to the meltdown on here.... what if a an ex-employee of a club called a number of  journo contacts with a non story to get small retribution for feeling they have been hard done by as they felt the job they were doing was a success, therefore sending the support into froth against a new board who pulled the pin on said employee... or have I been influenced by watching to many of the crap films on the box over the last few weeks?

Well there’s likely to be one such person with this sort of “previous”, but not, perhaps, the one that might spring to mind.

2 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

646502C9-7C05-45BF-8203-06E27F73C20A.jpeg

Is it possible to tell the difference between a dyslexic and a moron on the basis of nothing more than an unpunctuated sentence that demonstrates no grasp of lower and upper case application, awful spelling and no grasp of what words an abbreviation includes (where the “s” in “ffs” is short for “sake”)?
I would say “yes you can”. 

50 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Is it possible to tell the difference between a dyslexic and a moron on the basis of nothing more than an unpunctuated sentence that demonstrates no grasp of lower and upper case application, awful spelling and no grasp of what words an abbreviation includes (where the “s” in “ffs” is short for “sake”)?
I would say “yes you can”. 

Managed to spell COYB though.

3 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The Hearts for life scheme is actually £20 a month I think, which makes the 9k members even more impressive. It’s totally transformed that club and built a brand new multi purpose state of the art stand as well, I’d like to think in the long term we could achieve something similar relatively but reading some of the comments on here I’m not sure if our support can see the potential, understand the separate identity of the FSS or even have the will/appetite for it to work. 

The last thing we need is another fhkingh stand. The main stand is sufficient to hold 95 % of the attendance home and away for the last 10 years. Other than that some safe standing / temporary stands are all that's needed. Paying out rent to a MSG member for the south stand has been a total waste of money - Look at attendances for similar clubs to us in the higher leagues is motherwell / St mirren  Dunfermline Patrick etc 

It's all fine and well to have a laugh at you boys when things are going to shit on the park but this is certainly one time I'll not be trying to go on a wind up about. Its great to see the vast majority here making their voices heard and messaging the club, the horrible cunt should have been chased out the game years ago. Keep it up. 

@cb_diamond, trying to make light of a situation like this is fucking disgusting. Have a word, you rocket. 

5 hours ago, Stainrod said:

The last thing we need is another fhkingh stand. The main stand is sufficient to hold 95 % of the attendance home and away for the last 10 years. Other than that some safe standing / temporary stands are all that's needed. Paying out rent to a MSG member for the south stand has been a total waste of money - Look at attendances for similar clubs to us in the higher leagues is motherwell / St mirren  Dunfermline Patrick etc 

Think you’ve missed the point. 

9 hours ago, 51 Bairn said:

Just to add some wild thoughts to the meltdown on here.... what if a an ex-employee of a club called a number of  journo contacts with a non story to get small retribution for feeling they have been hard done by as they felt the job they were doing was a success, therefore sending the support into froth against a new board who pulled the pin on said employee... or have I been influenced by watching to many of the crap films on the box over the last few weeks?

As long as the odious AT is hanging about the club anythings possible. It's common knowledge he was the one that leaked the story regarding our finances to the press. The fact it was a load of complete tosh didn't bother him one bit.