The Falkirk FC Thread

I’m not involved but I realise the society is only in its infancy and is still waiting on building a shareholding and also electing permanent reps on the board, for this reason I’m guessing at present it’s influence May be minimal. The only way to change that is by making sure the FSS reaches its goal of 25% and actually has the clout both financially and practicaly to make meaningful changes, the only way that happens is if fans invest. If we spit the dummy at any little disagreement  we have with the club and stop building that shareholding we’ll never achieve the type of fan ownership we crave. 

You might want to change the words ”little disagreement “.
I doubt there will be many more emotive issues such as this so you can hardly blame fans who don’t want to be further associated in these circumstances….

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So we've now moved from kicking the bod over rumours that Holt wasn't going anywhere to kicking the bod over rumours that we are signing goodwillie. Honestly I'd be surprised if the fss can get anyone willing to go on the bloody bod if this is how things are going to pan out over the next few years.

You've got to wonder if the fss is a goer anyway if every time the bod do something the fans disagree with a pile of fans decide they want their cash back. Doesn't give you much chance of long term stability.

Pish. 

Fans voices have a right to be heard. There would be no point in waiting for them to hear our voices once we’d already signed the rapist - it would be too late. Kicking up a fuss til this is put to bed is the only way to do it. 

I actually thought the one thing that would pull everyone in the same direction would be not signing a rapist.

Its not “a little disagreement” its signing someone so against the majority of fans wishes and values that it would rip the arse out of the credibility that the board are trying to establish with the fans.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

I doubt there will be many more emotive issues such as this so you can hardly blame fans who don’t want to be further associated in these circumstances….

100% correct, this is not a little disagreement. This is a morality issue. 

and the bod meeting goes 'who can we sign that will cause the most uproar, cause the most controversy and endear us least to the falkirk fans, because after all that's happened and the fact that we're in a relegation battle in one of the worst leagues in world football that is just how we'd like to start 2022'

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’m not involved but I realise the society is only in its infancy and is still waiting on building a shareholding and also electing permanent reps on the board, for this reason I’m guessing at present it’s influence May be minimal. The only way to change that is by making sure the FSS reaches its goal of 25% and actually has the clout both financially and practicaly to make meaningful changes, the only way that happens is if fans invest. If we spit the dummy at any little disagreement  we have with the club and stop building that shareholding we’ll never achieve the type of fan ownership we crave. 

Exactly. The more people are in the fss paying their tenner or so a month the more influence they have on goings on at the club. The fss will be able to have proper ballots for representatives in due time and fans will be able to select the reps that represent their views the best.  Taking your cash back out the fss is counter productive and crazy if you ask me as it's only in its infancy and needs to be stronger for it to work.

Exactly. The more people are in the fss paying their tenner or so a month the more influence they have on goings on at the club. The fss will be able to have proper ballots for representatives in due time and fans will be able to select the reps that represent their views the best.  Taking your cash back out the fss is counter productive and crazy if you ask me as it's only in its infancy and needs to be stronger for it to work.

Can those complaining about people taking cash out to FSS start to realise soon that in most cases it’s not just the FSS they are leaving here?
It’s Falkirk FC full stop…

Incredibly disingenuous to paint fans upset over the DGW rumour as being silly or OTT. If people were saying, "we've signed Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, I'm cancelling my payment to FSS!" that would, of course, be ridiculous. But this isn't just any other signing - Goodwillie is a fucking rapist, which puts him in his own bracket. Any claim to be a 'family' or 'community club' would go down the pan. How could anyone, in good conscience, take their kids (particularly young daughters) to games to cheer on someone like that? Just because he might score a few goals? Playing down concerns over signing him is just stupid. It's appeared in multiple news outlets now. It might just be media talk, but folk have a right to get worried.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

14 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

You have completely taken that out of context! (I hope by accident so will give you the benefit of the doubt) I’m not referencing the DGW thing specifically at all as I don’t believe he’ll be signing for us, it’s more a general point/ recurring theme in how people seem desperate not to support the FSS due to club issues which ironically the society could help resolve when it is fully up and running. Be it Holt, Gordon Colborn or the bovril being to hot ect. The FSS could become a real force for good within the club and a voice for the fans it’s just a shame some either can’t or don’t want to see that.  

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Pish. 

Fans voices have a right to be heard. There would be no point in waiting for them to hear our voices once we’d already signed the rapist - it would be too late. Kicking up a fuss til this is put to bed is the only way to do it. 

People getting their knickers in a twist over tabloid rumours FFS.  How many times on here do folk say I read in the sun or record that this is happening and they get shot down in flames as it's utter pish 99 times out of a hundred.and yet here we are with folk frothing at the mouth again having just finished going Apr at a bod for not sacking Holt when it just took longer than they wanted it to.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

People getting their knickers in a twist over tabloid rumours FFS.  How many times on here do folk say I read in the sun or record that this is happening and they get shot down in flames as it's utter pish 99 times out of a hundred.and yet here we are with folk frothing at the mouth again having just finished going Apr at a bod for not sacking Holt when it just took longer than they wanted it to.

99 times out of a hundred it isn’t about a rapist. The one time it is, it is absolutely right fans make perfectly clear their view. 

Can those complaining about people taking cash out to FSS start to realise soon that in most cases it’s not just the FSS they are leaving here?
It’s Falkirk FC full stop…

Nothings happened FFS. People panicking again due to unsubstantiated rumours. I thought they might have learned their lessons having spent the last few weeks kicking the bod because they weren't sacking holt.  The top flight clubs aren't playing there's little transfer news for them so they have to write something so they come out with this pish and everyone goes wild.

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Iv emailed the board and told them that me and my daughter will be saying goodbye to our club if they sign him. I didnt use certain words in my email. 

To clarify, by him I mean the unrepentant beast

Me too mate. There's not many things that I consider more than football but this is certainly one of them. 

Nothings happened FFS. People panicking again due to unsubstantiated rumours. I thought they might have learned their lessons having spent the last few weeks kicking the bod because they weren't sacking holt.  The top flight clubs aren't playing there's little transfer news for them so they have to write something so they come out with this pish and everyone goes wild.

And yet it would be so easy for the club to shut down these rumours but don’t….

5 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

You have completely taken that out of context! (I hope by accident so will give you the benefit of the doubt) I’m not referencing the DGW thing specifically at all,  it’s more a general point/ recurring theme in how people seem desperate not to support the FSS due to club issues which ironically the society could help resolve. Be it Holt, Gordon Colborn or the bovril being to hot ect. The FSS could become a real force for good within the club it’s just a shame some either can’t or don’t want to see that.  

Everyone wants to see it happen, but we're not going to all jump on if one of first acts by the new board is to sign a convicted rapist. 

3 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’m not referencing the DGW thing specifically, it’s more a general point in how people seem desperate not to support the FSS due to club issues which ironically the society could help resolve. Be it Holt, Gordon Colborn or the bovril being to hot ect. The FSS could become a real force for good within the club it’s just a shame some either can’t or don’t want to see that.  

I get your point but this is about David Goodwillie specifically, it's not about bovril being too hot.

It's ultimately an individual decision for everyone involved. I'd not call for boycotts or anything like that. If people want to go and support Falkirk on a Saturday good luck to them. 

For me personally it would almost take all the childlike enthusiasm out of it for me. I'd not be able to watch the games and jump about daft when we scored. It'd be in my head constantly.

And there would 100% be a decent minority at the games who would view his past as a wind-up opportunity and revel in it with singing etc. I'm not sitting in the same stand as that shite every week.

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

99 times out of a hundred it isn’t about a rapist. The one time it is, it is absolutely right fans make perfectly clear their view. 

Theres been rumours about us signing him for years FFS. An unsubstantiated rumour in a couple of tabloids is hardly enough to start panic stations.  If it quoted Rennie saying we're looking at him them fine but people are again getting carried away.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So would you prefer that fans didn't let their feelings be heard?

It hopefully is just a rumour however, how would you feel if this turns out be legitimate and the club sign him? Would be a bit late in the day to complain about it would it not?

And yet it would be so easy for the club to shut down these rumours but don’t….

People including you were saying the same about the Holt situation FFS.  Why not just trust in the bod to do the right bloody thing instead of trusting the sun or the daily record FFS.