The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest TedCrilly
4 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Why? I see it as the exact opposite, surely we need to make the FSS stronger in order to deal with these issues as fans not weaken it?! 

FSS have two on the board right now with two patrons. If we go ahead and sign Goodwillie I’m at a loss at what the point of having fans on the board is.

Edited by TedCrilly

15 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Exactly!

that’s why I told you to keep a list, these people who said they wouldn’t join until  X happens or will stop paying if Y happens don’t understand what they are joining up for. It’s not a ten pound donation to the club every month.

once fans own the club, we can set policy like never employing a person with a criminal record or judgement against them. 

Would that be a zero tolerance on "judgements"?

28 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

I know you might not have alot of say in the matter but my money would be right out of FSS if we signed him @StuartA

Surely this would be the opposite way in which to have any effect on the situation! A strong supporters organising with proper shareholding would be able to lobby on behalf of fans and possibly block such decisions being made. When I read things like this I sometimes wonder if we deserve a fan owned club, some folk just can’t see the wood fir the trees. 😔

14 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Even if you ignore the massive elephant in the room, I'm not convinced it makes sense to pay compensation for somebody who'll be turning 33 in a couple of months and hasn't played above L1 in years. 

This is possibly the wildest part of it all for me. Given where we are, we aren't getting promoted with or without DGW this season. And given his age we might get one effective season out him next year then find out at 34/35 he can't cut it in the Championship. If the board/management genuinely think thats worth obliterating any remaining fan goodwill then feck me...

Any manager worth their salt should be capable of finding a 20 goal striker for this level, on the budget we operate. The fact that the same name keeps coming up suggests we keep employing the wrong guys. 

31 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Can I ask why FSS would be first line of attack for fans who disagree with a particular signing, employee, policy, etc?  FSS is a separate organisation.  Up to everyone what to do with their own money, but it seems counterintuitive to weaken fans’ ability to argue for change. 

100% my thoughts! We need a strong supporters society to represent fans when matters like this arise. You do wonder if some just desperately look an excuse not to part with there £10 a month or is it not clear to people what the FSS is?

Surely this would be the opposite way in which to have any effect on the situation! A strong supporters organising with proper shareholding would be able to lobby on behalf of fans and possibly block such decisions being made. When I read things like this I sometimes wonder if we deserve a fan owned club, some folk just can’t see the wood fir the trees. [emoji17]

Except that we have a couple on the Board just now. So what’s the FSS position on the matter?
If there was a meeting this week to discuss DGW, were the FSS members of the board outvoted by the Patrons and others?…

Guest Caractacus Potts
39 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

The board have allegedly already met to decide if this is a go’er or not regarding Goodwillie. I hope and pray that some common sense prevails. It would be peak Falkirk for our new look ‘fans’ board to sanction this signing and hit the final nail in the coffin.

Had a lot of people saying the board shouldn’t have to quash the Goodwillie rumour which I totally understand. If what you say is true then it’s more than just a rumour and possibly the reason why it is in the papers. 

If it happened then the buzz of today will be completely removed as will many fans support of the club. 

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Except that we have a couple on the Board just now. So what’s the FSS position on the matter?
If there was a meeting this week to discuss DGW, were the FSS members of the board outvoted by the Patrons and others?…

I imagine that would be an awkward scenario as they’d be effectively voting against their own organisation’s representatives 

Edited by PedroMoutinho

Guest TedCrilly

I don’t believe the board should make any official statement out against it. However; it would be incredibly easy for them to leak that it wasn’t happening to ease fans nerves.

I imagine that would be an awkward scenario as they’d be effectively voting against their own organisation’s representatives 

They would if we had had an internal vote on the matter. I don’t think the FSS have but I only joined today so perhaps someone can clarify?…

11 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Surely this would be the opposite way in which to have any effect on the situation! A strong supporters organising with proper shareholding would be able to lobby on behalf of fans and possibly block such decisions being made. When I read things like this I sometimes wonder if we deserve a fan owned club, some folk just can’t see the wood fir the trees. 😔

As I said, I wont be supporting the club if we sign him therefore my money wont be going to anything Falkirk related.

Iv emailed the board and told them that me and my daughter will be saying goodbye to our club if they sign him. I didnt use certain words in my email. 

To clarify, by him I mean the unrepentant beast

Jeez this is turning into a fairly eventful day.
Just another day as a Falkirk FC supporter….

So we've now moved from kicking the bod over rumours that Holt wasn't going anywhere to kicking the bod over rumours that we are signing goodwillie. Honestly I'd be surprised if the fss can get anyone willing to go on the bloody bod if this is how things are going to pan out over the next few years.

You've got to wonder if the fss is a goer anyway if every time the bod do something the fans disagree with a pile of fans decide they want their cash back. Doesn't give you much chance of long term stability.

13 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’m not involved but I realise the society is only in its infancy and is still waiting on building a shareholding and also electing permanent reps on the board, for this reason I’m guessing at present it’s influence may be minimal. The only way to change that is by making sure the FSS reaches its goal of 25% and actually has the clout both financially and practicaly to make meaningful changes, the only way that happens is if fans invest. If we spit the dummy at any little disagreement  we have with the club and stop building that shareholding we’ll never achieve the type of fan ownership we crave. Some people just can’t see the wood for the trees unfortunately.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

44 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Can I ask why FSS would be first line of attack for fans who disagree with a particular signing, employee, policy, etc?  FSS is a separate organisation.  Up to everyone what to do with their own money, but it seems counterintuitive to weaken fans’ ability to argue for change. 

Not the first line of attack for me Stuart, just that I will not put a penny into the club any longer if we sign him. And indirectly, subscribing to the FSS is putting money into the club. I absolutely hope I don’t t have to cancel my PayPal only days after setting  it up but if we do sign him I will no longer support Falkirk and therefore won’t contribute.