The Falkirk FC Thread

3? You still have to score them though. Millar and Loy cost us 4 points by missing penalties 2 years ago which might, just might, have won us the league. (Loy missed one against you last season as well iirc...and a couple of others) You can be a great player at this level but unless you have the power, placement and bottle to score a penalty, getting one is useless. And we do get a lot of penalties...probably due to having enough fans to shout for them ;) But seriously if Baird can replicate his away form in home matches, I think we can get a pretty respectable return out of him. His work rate is good as well and he has come up with a few assists

So, to get 20 goals Baird is going to need roughly 9 penalties. Thats a lot.

Dont get me wrong, hes a decent player and, as you say, his link up play is good. I'd still have him at Queens just for that side of his game. However, he isnt going to get anywhere near 20 goals and will only get near 15 if you get a reasonable amount of penalties - more than we've had in the last couple of seasons combined.

Quite possibly. But only if you give him 6 or 7 penalties to take

I get where you are coming from and agree he scored a few penalties towards the end of the season.

If we can get 6-7 penalties a season I would be delighted.

I get where you are coming from and agree he scored a few penalties towards the end of the season.

If we can get 6-7 penalties a season I would be delighted.

Falkirk do seem to get more than others, certainly more than Queens.

We had 4 last season, 2 the season before that and 4 the season we won the 2nd Division.

As I said, without Loy flopping around in the box, Falkirk might find they dont get as many anymore ;)

Baird got 7 goals in 17 games for us, i see no reason why he cant get 15 from a full season, barring injury and suspension and with decent strike partner beside him.

Baird is a good option but not as first choice, he will score goals here and there and does hit a cracking penalty. For me he lacks pace and looks a bit overweight. One thing he definitely needs is good support and will be interesting to see who the maestro has up his sleeve to partner him ( hopefully)

Baird needs a player who can draw defenders away from him or a big target man. I was Talking to Billy Reid and he told me about this 6 ft 5 in centre forward who plays in Sweden. I think Houston should have a look. Sounds a prospect

Baird is a good option but not as first choice, he will score goals here and there and does hit a cracking penalty. For me he lacks pace and looks a bit overweight. One thing he definitely needs is good support and will be interesting to see who the maestro has up his sleeve to partner him ( hopefully)

If only we had Dunfermlines strikers, imagine where we would be now?

Baird needs a player who can draw defenders away from him or a big target man. I was Talking to Billy Reid and he told me about this 6 ft 5 in centre forward who plays in Sweden. I think Houston should have a look. Sounds a prospect

I have also found out he likes Benni T's and has experience playing in a cup final. Worth a punt? Better then half a nan?