The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

I agree our main issues are central defence but we genuinely need an out and out striker. I don’t think Keena nor Dowds fit that role but they could both potentially be a good foil for another striker imo.
As for Ompreon and Wilson. Let’s say I’ve got a few doubts….

Ompreons one decent cameo was playing on the right wing against was it Dumbarton perhaps when he was decent for 30 mins then went off injured. Certainly isn't a striker that's for sure.

Wilson and less so Ompreon as back ups really isn't good enough. Rennie wants to at least shift one of them somehow. Preferably Wilson.  Ompreon might be ok as a wide option at a push. Wouldn't be sad to see the back of Ruth either if his loan could be cut. 

Ompreons one decent cameo was playing on the right wing against was it Dumbarton perhaps when he was decent for 30 mins then went off injured. Certainly isn't a striker that's for sure.

I’d rather see Morrison moved into the middle playing off a striker than Ompreon tbh…

28 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Depending on other moves he'd be 3rd choice at best behind Keena - who Rennie has praised - and hopefully an in-form Dowds. Add to that Wilson and Ompreon are contracted we probably don't need another. 

It's at the back we need reinforcements.

I don’t agree. Ruth and Keena can both go for me if we can find a proper striker- neither are good enough/interested in Keena’s case.

Dowds may well have a part to play but I wouldn’t want to rely on him as a main striker tbh.

17 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I don’t agree. Ruth and Keena can both go for me if we can find a proper striker- neither are good enough/interested in Keena’s case.

Dowds may well have a part to play but I wouldn’t want to rely on him as a main striker tbh.

We'll agree to disagree then! 🤝

Keena has shown that he has something different and can conjure a goal from nothing. Service needs to be better but I don't think there's ever been a downing of tools even when Sheerin treated him abysmally.

Like everywhere we need consistency.

Edited by Blame Me

1 minute ago, Blame Me said:

We'll agree to disagree then! 🤝

Keena has shown that he has something different and can conjure a goal from nothing. Service needs to be better but I don't think there's ever been a downing of tools even when Sheerin treated him abysmally.

Like everywhere we need consistency.

The only thing he’s shown for me unfortunately is giving the ball away- one of the goals against Clyde started with him losing possession.

Yes he can occasionally produce a goal from a set piece but he contributes nowhere near enough in general play imo.

I don't see Dowds being with us, I think something will get sorted with Arbroath so he goes there permanent. Even if he is back till the end of the season he'll probably sign a PCA. He seems to be loving life there and has a chance of playing top flight football. You can't begrudge him the opportunity. 

17 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Just saw the FSS update, 50 people joined today and they're up to 270 now. What's a realistic goal for membership?

We did say Holt was a big stumbling block to loads of people signing up and it's genuinely really nice to see folk sticking to that word.

30 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Just saw the FSS update, 50 people joined today and they're up to 270 now. What's a realistic goal for membership?

Target off between 850 and 1000 members was mentioned at the AGM but obviously the sky is the limit.  Morton was used as and example who recently became fan owned via a similar scheme, they have 900 members paying £10 a month toward the targeted shareholding. Remember the Bairn for life scheme/money is now also being converted into shares via the FSS so the actual membership total will be closer to 400 which is a very decent start.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

6 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The only thing he’s shown for me unfortunately is giving the ball away- one of the goals against Clyde started with him losing possession.

Yes he can occasionally produce a goal from a set piece but he contributes nowhere near enough in general play imo.

He also scored a belter against Airdrie, the raw ability is there with Kenna. It isn’t with Ruth 

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

He also scored a belter against Airdrie, the raw ability is there with Kenna. It isn’t with Ruth 

... and the chalked off goal against East Fife.

There's raw materials to work from whereas I've never seen it with Ruth. 

4 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Target off between 850 and 1000 was mentioned at the AGM. Morton was used as and example who recently became fan owned via a similar scheme, they have 900 members paying £10 a month toward the targeted shareholding. 

It’s one bloody hard sell for the FSS. Worse team, worse league position, third manager in less than two year ish, yet another new BOD, morale is as low as I’ve known.

There’s no doubt that the numbers will rise, but a clever marketing campaign might help accelerate membership. There are 2400 ST holders, maybe something could be done when renewing? Flyers through letter boxes…….just a suggestion. As one post said earlier it’s a tenner and there will be genuine reasons that people can’t help, but for those fans that can it’s the price of two/three carry out coffees each month, or three pints.

33 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Over 400 said they'd join in our survey a year ago.  Morton - fkng Morton - got over 850 members. And 1000 said they’d join the BtB scheme in 2019. 

It's basically up to Falkirk fans if they want it to work. We'd held off launching for ages given the state of the club and covid.  But we knew it was a tough sell even when we did launch. 

More to come on the BAIRNforLife partnership. Just need to get the admin right so we're handling data properly. But as LatapyBairn says, that puts us up nearer 400 members and nearer £5k a month.  Progress. 

Guest Ecosse83
Just now, HopeStreetWalker said:

With Holt gone one possibility is at the end of the season.

Rennie becomes Director of Football

Miller gets the managers gig

Rennie is a manager so why would he want to become a director of football? 

some wild suggestions on here at times 😂

Over 400 said they'd join in our survey a year ago.  Morton - fkng Morton - got over 850 members. And 1000 said they’d join the BtB scheme in 2019. 
It's basically up to Falkirk fans if they want it to work. We'd held off launching for ages given the state of the club and covid.  But we knew it was a tough sell even when we did launch. 
More to come on the BAIRNforLife partnership. Just need to get the admin right so we're handling data properly. But as LatapyBairn says, that puts us up nearer 400 members and nearer £5k a month.  Progress. 

What did Morton do to encourage that level of membership, especially given the ratio of members to ST’s?
Whatever it was, we probably need to do something similar….