The Falkirk FC Thread

My personal ear worm is still Danny Grainger’s “It would have come good if we had been given more time”. Like a 6-0 battering from a side that has won 1 game in 9 and fired their management team was somehow a FFC that was about to turn it all around before relegation became a very real possibility.

5 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

SOD 🤣🤣🤣Closely followed by Kyogo I presume? 

I think it may have been a case of an office or corridor conversation being overheard and then misinterpreted……I.e., the real conversation was “Hell’s teeth, that Clyde game was brutal what are we going to do?”

Followed by “I am not too sure,  but we had better get some sod signed before the next game”.

3 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

dickhead.

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

wankstain.

2 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Arsepiece.

Do you guys know that P&B has a "Sophisticated Art and Literature" thread? I think that that might be a more appropriate thread for your musings.

6 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think it may have been a case of an office or corridor conversation being overheard and then misinterpreted……I.e., the real conversation was “Hell’s teeth, that Clyde game was brutal what are we going to do?”

Followed by “I am not too sure,  but we had better get some sod signed before the next game”.

Enjoyed this 😂

8 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

On his recent performances he's free to go. Always has been inconsistent right enough which is why he's now with us.

I'd like to see him playing in our side alongside some better players before jettisoning him. He was superb at the start of the season but has gone way off the boil. Now whether that's him being dragged down by the shite alongside him or him simply being inconsistent who knows. What I would say is we can't afford to change all 20 of our squad so it's important that we keep the best of the bad bunch to play alongside the new recruits. I'd definitely have him in that category. 

Surely letting him go whilst still under contract is utter madness!! 

There is a few players in that squad we surely have to keep, we'll go down for sure if we bin our better squad players.

Realistically, we could get the play-offs but (and it is a huge but and almost completely impossible), actually win the league. We would need some of our current squad to achieve this.

January is not the time to rebuild and we need competent defenders. Hall is awful and a liability (against Clyde, I thought his inept defending was going to be the penalty).

Worst Falkirk squad? No, it's the worst defence and keeper I've ever seen in the navy blue. Combined with useless management appointments in particular M&M and Sheerin turning out to be a dud, no wonder we are languishing where we are.

Edited by Albertobotswana

14 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

When you look at the league table and how far we are behind, the previous board, management team and Holt should hang their heads in shame. 

I actually feel a lot more positive after reading the last few pages with @Shadwell Dog of all people telling us all how much Holt will improve under our new board. 🤞 

45 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I actually feel a lot more positive after reading the last few pages with @Shadwell Dog of all people telling us all how much Holt will improve under our new board. 🤞 

He'll most definitely improve if he's been marginalised which is what I and others think. Some people  though have the opinion he's still making all the signings and that's fine. We should know by the end of the month. Another shite transfer window and the bod will be rightly held to account for keeping Holt on board whether it was him who identified them or not.  Some decent signings and I'm sure the Holt chat will be put to one side till the next bad spell at least. Let's see what happens first though before writing the window off completely.