The Falkirk FC Thread

43 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Other than a talking point folk just want to know, do they really need to justify anything to us regardless what happens there will be a reason the board make the decisions they come to and why do they need to tell us why they done it other than folk wanting to be ITK that's pretty much asking any business what their reasons behind any of their decisions are.

Surely it's all about results. People seem to be wanting to write this window off when so far we've only signed one player FFS. I would've thought if there was going to be a flurry of Holt signings coming in they would've been announced by now.  I'd rather wait for the right standard of player than gush at a sudden rush of crap signings on the 1st of January. Surely dowds return will now be announced by the end of this week.

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Given we didn’t have anyone new (apart from an obvious Holt signing) signed for today’s game, I am very concerned. Thought with the 3 guys we have who are supposed to have contacts (Holt, Miller and Rennie) quite a few would’ve been signed come 1st Jan.

Rennie signing -every player coming in or going out will be Rennie. 

35 minutes ago, alonso said:

On another note, ain't it great to see 3000 (fully vaccinated or negative LF tests) enjoying themselves at the Ally Pally tonight, with a fair few down from Scotland by the look of things, while good old Nicola shuts down our stands and let's in a paltry 500! 

Not to mention the hundreds of thousands clicking thru the turnstiles to support their team both vocally and financially South of the border, while the very existence of our clubs is put at risk just so that maniac can play the political card at our expenses yet again!

12 minutes ago, alonso said:

Not necessarily!

2 empty stands last week and 1/2 of the 1 stand that was open was cordoned off and I was still nowhere near enough anybody else to smell their fart let alone catch a virus I am triple vaccinated against!

Now I am denied using my bought and paid for ST next week and the club over these 2 matches is probably denied somewhere in the region of £40k or £50k, to put that money into perspective wasn't that near enough what that Welsh mob paid for Mcmanus?

Think MVG, & others, might disagree.

Re signings, the only clarity we've had on this is from Martin Rennie himself post Clyde: 

"We definitely want to bring in some players, we're working hard to do that, thats something the club have had in motion before I got here and thats why they have the kind of set up that they do, the structure that they do so they've got players to bring in and hopefully they can make that happen" 

Sounds very much like its Holt identifying players to me.  If not then who?   As others have said, Rennie may well have the final say on who signs but he'll be looking at the Holt list and some of these may already be quite far down the road before he even got in the door.  Would he really have come in and identified a left sided defender as top priority?

Until we hear directly from Rennie, Holt or the board with a different view then Rennie's quote is all we have to go on.  

Guest Ecosse83
10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I’ve noticed Dunfermline bounce game being talked about a few times now. Do you know how the signing came about? Was the lad playing in trial for us? 

It says it all that even the Holt ‘defenders’, okay that’s a bit strong. The people who are absolutely insisting Holt has no say on the signings… cannot tell us what Holt does instead of this.

Even if it’s 100% Rennie’s say, I wouldn’t trust Holt to handle a contract negotiation based on his record over the last 12 months.

This is a thread with 1000s of pages. It’s sad so much is devoted to discussion about Holt. That’s because he’s been here too long, and nothing else of any good is worth discussing.

Just now, JulioBairn said:

This will get ignored or you’ll get some nonsense about ‘nobody knows his remit’

Of course it will. The new sycophants (BPM, DPB, DF and SD) don’t want us asking questions as all will be ok. Their friends are in charge after all, so how can we question.

simple communication wouldn’t hurt. I’d suggest the communication goes to the wider support rather than FSS.

A month in charge with no communication is amateurish. Fans need to know the vision (even a high-level vision) of the new board, which I’m sure is an improvement from the previous incumbents.

And someone really needs to proof read what limited information comes out on our website.

6 minutes ago, 1876 ffc said:

Of course it will. The new sycophants (BPM, DPB, DF and SD) don’t want us asking questions as all will be ok. Their friends are in charge after all, so how can we question.

simple communication wouldn’t hurt. I’d suggest the communication goes to the wider support rather than FSS.

A month in charge with no communication is amateurish. Fans need to know the vision (even a high-level vision) of the new board, which I’m sure is an improvement from the previous incumbents.

And someone really needs to proof read what limited information comes out on our website.

Why don’t you ask the club for answers instead of making an arse of yourself on here

Guest Caractacus Potts
27 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You said your opinion before regarding the ATS signing. I want this to be true but Rennie suggested moves were already made prior to his appointment in his interview. Are you saying this is fact, if so how and what therefore is Holt doing? 

By the way I must add that I totally understand the new board have to get in and take a scope of what’s happening before making decisions. I think the frustrating thing for me anyway is that the hope of a new dawn is somewhat dampened by the continual existence of Holt within the structure. If he’s not involved in signings then great but again what is he doing if not? 

10 minutes ago, 1876 ffc said:

None of my friends are running the football club so I've no idea why you are suggesting that. And there has been communication as has been pointed out on here on numerous occasions.  Trying to say there has been no communication in a month is simply tosh. I'm not a board sycophant and will be as critical of the current bod as I was of the last one if results are shit and the whole thing goes Pete tong. However ,  I didn't start slagging off deans mob after only 4 weeks in situ so I'm not going to start giving this lot pelters either. 

3 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

You said your opinion before regarding the ATS signing. I want this to be true but Rennie suggested moves were already made prior to his appointment in his interview. Are you saying this is fact, if so how and what therefore is Holt doing? 

By the way I must add that I totally understand the new board have to get in and take a scope of what’s happening before making decisions. I think the frustrating thing for me anyway is that the hope of a new dawn is somewhat dampened by the continual existence of Holt within the structure. If he’s not involved in signings then great but again what is he doing if not? 

ATS played against them in a bounce game for Dunfermline and impressed . Dunfermline were interested but we got in first and signed him.  It's not exactly rocket science. If any signings had been agreed before Rennie arrived I would've expected them to have been announced by now.  Holt and sheerin will have identified targets which I'm sure will be put to Rennie and if he thinks they are what he's looking for he may take them further. I'd also expect Rennie and miller to have their own list of targets they will want to pursue.

Guest Caractacus Potts
15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

ATS played against them in a bounce game for Dunfermline and impressed . Dunfermline were interested but we got in first and signed him.  It's not exactly rocket science. If any signings had been agreed before Rennie arrived I would've expected them to have been announced by now.  Holt and sheerin will have identified targets which I'm sure will be put to Rennie and if he thinks they are what he's looking for he may take them further. I'd also expect Rennie and miller to have their own list of targets they will want to pursue.

Just asking as are others SD. Not blessed with the extra knowledge some seem to have so it’s unfair to suggest that any of us asking questions are being dimwitted. I never read anything about a bounce game against Dunfermline. There was no mention of it on him signing either so was just going off what Rennie said regarding signings and the fact Holt is there to do a job and had also previously signed him for Livingston. Didn’t seem a far stretch to assume that ATS was his signing. 

Not sure we have to equate genuine questions to be scathing of the new board. Think most of us understand the job at hand but seems odd to think that Holt will no longer be an issue to the majority of us who have criticised him previously. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

12 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Just asking as are others SD. Not blessed with the extra knowledge some seem to have so it’s unfair to suggest that any of us asking questions are being dimwitted. I never read anything about a bounce game against Dunfermline. There was no mention of it on him signing either so was just going off what Rennie said regarding signings and the fact Holt is there to do a job and had also previously signed him for Livingston. Didn’t seem a far stretch to assume that ATS was his signing. 

Not sure we have to equate genuine questions to be scathing of the new board. Think most of us understand the job at hand but seems odd to think that Holt will no longer be an issue to the majority of us who have criticised him previously. 

Apologies I just presumed after it had been mentioned repeatedly on here about the ATS bounce game and signing thereafter that it was common knowledge.

The only update on signings has been from Rennie where he clearly said the club had signings in motion before he got there and he wants them (I assume Holt) to get some over the line.  

Any story about spotting ATS on trial with Dunfermline and then swooping in under their noses hasn't come from anyone at the club as far as I can tell.  Given what Rennie has said, it's much more likely ATS was on the list of targets identified by Holt (and then went on trial with the Fifers).  

There may be others lined up but who may not have been available until 1st January.  With the uncertainty around Covid its possible signings we may have expected to be announced today might not be until its clear that games aren't going to be cancelled for the foreseeable.  It may also be the case that not all parties are available on New Years Day (or until 4th) to conclude business.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

57 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

None of my friends are running the football club so I've no idea why you are suggesting that. And there has been communication as has been pointed out on here on numerous occasions.  Trying to say there has been no communication in a month is simply tosh. I'm not a board sycophant and will be as critical of the current bod as I was of the last one if results are shit and the whole thing goes Pete tong. However ,  I didn't start slagging off deans mob after only 4 weeks in situ so I'm not going to start giving this lot pelters either. 

How do you know that the new board 'punted' McFarlane then? Hopefully we don't have someone on the BOD leaking information?

1 hour ago, grumpyoldman said:

Why don’t you ask the club for answers instead of making an arse of yourself on here

Why don’t you understand that clubs live via their support and it’s important to keep them updated? People really shouldn’t have to burden the club by contacting them individually to ask the same questions.
As far as I can see you’re the only one make an arse of yourself….