The Falkirk FC Thread

57 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’ve been to Q and As AND asked questions so this is just more nonsense.
However, you do rightly raise a point that many of us don’t stay in the local vicinity so rely on our OFFICIAL website for updates. However I can see now that you need to be a member of FSS to get an update from our board….

Nonsense as was said earlier the meet the board was open to anyone fss member or not. You may have a point about geographical location but that's got nothing to do with whether you are a member of the fss or not.  If anyone has contacted the board for info and been asked whether they are a member of fss or not before they get an answer then I'll certainly agree with your point but I highly doubt it 

4 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

I saw it on COYB. The information is out there I suppose just needs to be better communicated. I was at the fans forum and the directors all said they wanted to speak to the supporters groups face to face. 

The largest 'supporters group' are FFC season ticket holders.  Any updates/communications from sitting board members should come via the official site/email address. 

Perfectly acceptable for the FSS and Patrons to have their own sub communications to those members. 

Can only speak for myself but I work full time and have a young family.  I make all the home games and some away - I don't have time to be going to Q&As or popping in for coffees etc to find out basic information.   

Nonsense as was said earlier the meet the board was open to anyone fss member or not. You may have a point about geographical location but that's got nothing to do with whether you are a member of the fss or not.  If anyone has contacted the board for info and been asked whether they are a member of fss or not before they get an answer then I'll certainly agree with your point but I highly doubt it 

You don’t need to defend everything Shadwell.
As a poster demonstrated above, the board have actually communicated but simply not done so on the official channels. Hence the confusion.
Events are a good thing, but they shouldn’t ever replace formal communication on a club website, although they are a great way to supplement it and get fans onboard.
Jury is still out for me, but I’m still hopeful that we will eventually get things right…..

20 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Yes, for anyone still unclear as to the reasons for some fans' desperation to be rid of the presence of Gary Holt, or for those now falling over themselves to vigorously defend his ongoing employment, a quick glance at the league table tonight should make things a whole lot clearer for them. Shameful, shameful, shameful stuff. Mile and miles and miles behind Cove Rangers, and being massively outperformed by the likes of Airdrie and Montrose, vanishing well into the distance despite them possessing a fraction of our resources.  He was appointed to the role on the 14th January. The performance throughout the whole of 2021 has been an utter, utter, utter disgrace. He's the Sporting Director. Therefore he oversees the football side of the club. Therefore responsibility for this mess lies at his door. No-one else.

Yip, I think the people who are wanting the new board to give Holt time are forgetting this will be his 3rd window and the first two have been a disgrace !!

8 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Admire the optimism of anyone suggesting we’ll surely see a big improvement in the coming 4 months. With Holt doing the recruiting, unproven manager, awful squad with a loser mentality. Better men than me 

Unproven manager? Have you bothered looking into his previous records or have you just dismissed him since he isn’t one of the “usual” names?

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Lots of things I don’t know.

I just found it a bit odd. You could've been labouring under the illusion that scraping 5th might be a good outcome given your first half. (It still might be TBF). You wouldn't be able to fully understand the league tables.

46 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Yes, for anyone still unclear as to the reasons for some fans' desperation to be rid of the presence of Gary Holt, or for those now falling over themselves to vigorously defend his ongoing employment, a quick glance at the league table tonight should make things a whole lot clearer for them. Shameful, shameful, shameful stuff. Mile and miles and miles behind Cove Rangers, and being massively outperformed by the likes of Airdrie and Montrose, vanishing well into the distance despite them possessing a fraction of our resources.  He was appointed to the role on the 14th January. The performance throughout the whole of 2021 has been an utter, utter, utter disgrace. He's the Sporting Director. Therefore he oversees the football side of the club. Therefore responsibility for this mess lies at his door. No-one else.

Were you good at your job when you first started?

</sarcasm>

22 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

There is no Holt factor.

Any signings will be Rennie’s choices.

The signings may well be Rennie’s ‘choices’ but it sounds to me like Holt is still responsible for identifying a list of players using  player profiling and then putting this to Rennie.

I.e. the same system that has left us with a squad of jobbers. How anyone can find effectively repeating the strategy from the summer acceptable is beyond me.

The alternative is that we have fans’ cash paying the wages of a director of football who cannot be trusted to actually carry out the role. Equally unacceptable.

This is the issue when there’s no communication from the club- we’re going into another transfer window with no idea of what Holt’s role is.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

51 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

I saw it on COYB. The information is out there I suppose just needs to be better communicated. I was at the fans forum and the directors all said they wanted to speak to the supporters groups face to face. 

Agreed. The FSS update is quite refreshing and credit where it's due - a good summation of where we are after the recent upheaval.

However, anyone not seeing that this should have came from the club and not the FSS, FB or elsewhere is missing that fans shouldn't have to seek this out.

Let the FSS publish the same or select snippets where their input as the 3rd-stool brought benefit but it can't be acting as the defacto board.

The club is *the* definitive voice on Falkirk FC and the FSS can be the definitive voice for the FSS! They're not the same and shouldn't be in my view.

Edited by Blame Me