The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
3 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

Looking at the current table is absolutely depressing. What a f’king mess Deans, Holt etc have left us in. I can’t imagine any sane player will fancy joining us. Is it a case of saving the cash to spend for next season now? 

Not for me. We have to try somehow and get to fourth. Still got 50% of the games to play. 

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I

To me you're giving them a whole lot less breathing space than Deans crew. I don't recall anywhere near as many folk on here calling for statements etc 4 weeks into their tenure.

And you're giving them a whole lot more breathing space Shadwell. They should both get the same treatment.

5 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

Looking at the current table is absolutely depressing. What a f’king mess Deans, Holt etc have left us in. I can’t imagine any sane player will fancy joining us. Is it a case of saving the cash to spend for next season now? 

If the new board had anything about them it absolutely should be. Spend the bare minimum to stay up this season and have another go next year. Spunking a load on players this January would not be money well spent when the absolute maximum we could achieve is the utter lottery of the playoffs 

9 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

If the new board had anything about them it absolutely should be. Spend the bare minimum to stay up this season and have another go next year. Spunking a load on players this January would not be money well spent when the absolute maximum we could achieve is the utter lottery of the playoffs 

I really think we need to try and make the promotion playoffs, it’s still a part time division and we do have money to invest. The full time status and training should hopefully benefit us more come the 2nd half of the season if Rennie can get the mix right. We can’t allow ourselves to just accept the status quo as a club regardless of our current situation in the league. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I really think we need to try and make the promotion playoffs, it’s still a part time division and we do have money to invest. The full time status and training should hopefully benefit us more come the 2nd half of the season if Rennie can get the mix right. We can’t allow ourselves to just accept the status quo as a club.

Definitely. Nothing has changed my opinion that the rest of the teams in this league are poor. Any club that made a run like Coves were going to pull away. Unfortunately it’s occurred at the same moment we’ve had our worst run of results. That doesn’t mean to say that the opposite can’t happen. Throwing money at Holt could be a waste right enough but there are too many games to go to just give up. 

2 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I really think we need to try and make the promotion playoffs, it’s still a part time division and we don have money to invest. The full time status and training should hopefully benefit us more come the 2nd half of the season if Rennie can get the mix right. We can’t allow ourselves to just accept the status quo as a club.

Organisation & a plan would be of huge benefit. Tightening things at the back a must.

26 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

And you're giving them a whole lot more breathing space Shadwell. They should both get the same treatment.

I wasn't getting fired into deans bod after only  4 weeks In situ I can promise you that so I'm not going to start getting fired into the new bod after such a short period of time either.

28 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Don't spend a considerable amount and we'll be in league 2. Did you not see last week's shambles. If you think bringing in a couple of players will keep us up then u r in cloud cukoo land.

Ridiculous to suggest we should give up on a playoff place with half of the season to go.

We are obviously rotten at the moment but will surely be stronger in a couple of weeks and the teams that we have to catch are no world beaters.

Difficult ask but far from impossible.

27 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

2nd of January and 21 points behind Cove Rangers. f**k me what a riddy. This is by far the worst Falkirk team I’ve ever seen.

Yes, for anyone still unclear as to the reasons for some fans' desperation to be rid of the presence of Gary Holt, or for those now falling over themselves to vigorously defend his ongoing employment, a quick glance at the league table tonight should make things a whole lot clearer for them. Shameful, shameful, shameful stuff. Mile and miles and miles behind Cove Rangers, and being massively outperformed by the likes of Airdrie and Montrose, vanishing well into the distance despite them possessing a fraction of our resources.  He was appointed to the role on the 14th January. The performance throughout the whole of 2021 has been an utter, utter, utter disgrace. He's the Sporting Director. Therefore he oversees the football side of the club. Therefore responsibility for this mess lies at his door. No-one else.

8 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Ridiculous to suggest we should give up on a playoff place with half of the season to go.

We are obviously rotten at the moment but will surely be stronger in a couple of weeks and the teams that we have to catch are no world beaters.

Difficult ask but far from impossible.

Mind the Holt factor. Every transfer window he's been involved in has been a fucking disaster. 

Guest Brockvillenomore
8 minutes ago, Fawkirk Wull said:

As a supporter & season ticket holder but not a FSS member why was this message not on the official  website

I saw it on COYB. The information is out there I suppose just needs to be better communicated. I was at the fans forum and the directors all said they wanted to speak to the supporters groups face to face.