The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Springfield said:

After the last few years, not in the least bit concerned that there is little communication coming out the club. As said the new guys are only weeks in and will have there work cut out with the new management team, existing  players contracts and loans /transfers
Let’s give the guys a bloody chance.

Isn't that what we employed a DoF for?

The club "employs" a lot of staff yet there appears to be a heavily centralised management structure in place. 

Who ultimately sets the direction and who is the public face of the club - Jamie Swinney, Chairman X, Rawlins duo?

Let's be honest, the new board weren't taken by surprise by their appointment as they'd lobbied for their inclusion previously. I dare say they didn't base their position on a wing-and-a-prayer so must've had a plan or vision ahead of taking the roles. 

I understand there has been compromise but what have they managed to effect so far based on their aims?

10 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Isn't that what we employed a DoF for?

The club "employs" a lot of staff yet there appears to be a heavily centralised management structure in place. 

Who ultimately sets the direction and who is the public face of the club - Jamie Swinney, Chairman X, Rawlins duo?

Let's be honest, the new board weren't taken by surprise by their appointment as they'd lobbied for their inclusion previously. I dare say they didn't base their position on a wing-and-a-prayer so must've had a plan or vision ahead of taking the roles. 

I understand there has been compromise but what have they managed to effect so far based on their aims?

We’re a club in free fall with a squad of players more suited to a Sunday league. Not being ITK or a ITK patron, my point was ( I’m speculating) the new guys will need time to put in place changes that will bring stability back to the club. I for one don’t have an issue if it’s taking longer than some on here want….

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

We’re a club in free fall with a squad of players more suited to a Sunday league. Not being ITK or a ITK patron, my point was ( I’m speculating) the new guys will need time to put in place changes that will bring stability back to the club. I for one don’t have an issue if it’s taking longer than some on here want….

These 2 statements kind of contradict each other. If we're a club in free fall then something needs to happen quickly to arrest that free fall, yes? How much longer should we give them - when we are in League 2? We are only 4 points above the relegation play off place, we need decisive action now.

14 hours ago, AGPar said:

There are perfectly valid reasons why Falkirk supporters do not want Gary Holt involved in the process of recruiting players, in fact do not want Gary Holt involved in the football club in any capacity whatsoever. And such a viewpoint sure as hell isn't "hysteria", or anything even approaching it.

Exactly! 

Excluding fans who queued for hours from a ballot and labelling them hysterical for wanting Holt out seems to be the new way though.    

1 minute ago, Bula Bairn said:

Excluding fans who queued for hours from a ballot 

1. There were plenty of tickets so no need for anyone to queue for hours. 

2. Should it be first come first served for every home game under restrictions? How are people who aren’t able to get down to the stadium or who don’t live locally supposed to get a shot of seeing a game (which they’ve already paid for, by the way)?

3. How is it in any way relevant to the fans feelings about Holt.

25 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

These 2 statements kind of contradict each other. If we're a club in free fall then something needs to happen quickly to arrest that free fall, yes? How much longer should we give them - when we are in League 2? We are only 4 points above the relegation play off place, we need decisive action now.

Yes some decisions need made quickly like appointing a new management team, giving said management team a budget and dealing with all the skeletons in the closet .So I'd rather they were concentrating on them than putting out statements telling fans who we aren't signing.

11 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

1. There were plenty of tickets so no need for anyone to queue for hours. 

2. Should it be first come first served for every home game under restrictions? How are people who aren’t able to get down to the stadium or who don’t live locally supposed to get a shot of seeing a game (which they’ve already paid for, by the way)?

3. How is it in any way relevant to the fans feelings about Holt.

Unfortunately our feelings towards Holt are not relevant in the slightest. 

The only thing relevant is how his employers feel and they have obviously assessed and feel he is doing a good enough job to remain in role and take us forward.

20 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yes some decisions need made quickly like appointing a new management team, giving said management team a budget and dealing with all the skeletons in the closet .So I'd rather they were concentrating on them than putting out statements telling fans who we aren't signing.

That's conflating two different things with what some posters are actually asking.

"Skeletons" doesn't preclude small improvements to the running of the club which, by now, should be rippling through. 

As it is it there is no discernible difference from before and after the AGM.

12 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

That's conflating two different things with what some posters are actually asking.

"Skeletons" doesn't preclude small improvements to the running of the club which, by now, should be rippling through. 

As it is it there is no discernible difference from before and after the AGM.

So you'd rather they spent time telling folk who we aren't signing than ensuring that the club has the right people on the board , is financially solid and not going to go bust and that the manager has a budget to spend in January? Each to his own I suppose.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So you'd rather they spent time telling folk who we aren't signing than ensuring that the club has the right people on the board , is financially solid and not going to go bust and that the manager has a budget to spend in January? Each to his own I suppose.

I'd rather they spent time telling folk why Holt is still in a f*cking job! Keeping him in his post will have a detrimental effect on us remaining financially viable, and having a budget to buy players.

2 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Thoughts & prayers with everyone affected by this virus. 

I hope their noses unblock & their sense of taste returns soon xxx COYB

Given our long injury list for the Clyde game it would only really take a handful of covid cases to push us over the threshold if those injuries hadn't recovered so hopefully the outbreak isn't as bad as it could be.

4 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I'd rather they spent time telling folk why Holt is still in a f*cking job! Keeping him in his post will have a detrimental effect on us remaining financially viable, and having a budget to buy players.

And paying him out of his contract would be less detrimental financially? Talk sense.