The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Anybody know why the authorities decided not to proceed with the criminal case against Goodwillie? Was it down to a lack of evidence?

Only a very small fraction of rape cases end up in a criminal court - something like 12%. That figure is likely to be a lot lower because women see just how few cases are taken seriously so they don't report. Its estimated that only 1.5% of rapes are prosecuted in reality. And it comes down to lack of evidence basically. In Goodwillie's case, he and his mate got a lassie pished, took her back to a flat and raped her. They say she consented, she says she didn't.  Numerous Judges have looked at the evidence and testimonies and decided that he did rape her. Goodwillie is of the opinion that getting a lassie pished means she's fair game. 

9 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Anybody know why the authorities decided not to proceed with the criminal case against Goodwillie? Was it down to a lack of evidence?

As understand the criminal route requires a much higher test to be past and I why very few alleged rape cases actually go to court

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

I think the majority support have made their feelings known on the Goodwillie issue

Have we tho? Most people I know haven’t commented either way. We have a core of about 3,000 fans and I’ve only really seen the same 30 or 40 people discussing Goodwillie (either on here or on FB) and even amongst that small group opinion is divided.

I don’t think we know for certain how the majority of our fanbase feels. My guess would be a small minority would not come back, a small minority would be 100% up for it and a majority would probably not be delighted about it but it wouldn’t affect their support for the club. I may be wrong tho. 

Here's the written judgement for those that are interested -

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=d22e28a7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

The final summing-up:

Having carefully examined and scrutinised the whole evidence in the case, I find the evidence for the pursuer to be cogent, persuasive and compelling.  In the result, therefore, I find that in the early hours of Sunday 2 January 2011, at the flat in Greig Crescent, Armadale, both defenders took advantage of the pursuer when she was vulnerable through an excessive intake of alcohol and, because her cognitive functioning and decision‑making processes were so impaired, was incapable of giving meaningful consent; and that they each raped her.

1 minute ago, JulioBairn said:

Have we tho? Most people I know haven’t commented either way. We have a core of about 3,000 fans and I’ve only really seen the same 30 or 40 people discussing Goodwillie (either on here or on FB) and even amongst that small group opinion is divided.

I don’t think we know for certain how the majority of our fanbase feels. My guess would be a small minority would not come back, a small minority would be 100% up for it and a majority would probably not be delighted about it but it wouldn’t affect their support for the club. I may be wrong tho. 

If it comes down to paying a fee for him it will be a no and plus unless Holt has come up with it, it will be a no.

It’s remarkable that the club has not come out with anything to close down these rumours. It would be justified to do so on the basis that at least one tabloid has reported the possibility.
Frankly, our new board are either in the game of professional suicide or are in danger of being classed as downright incompetent (again)….

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

It’s remarkable that the club has not come out with anything to close down these rumours. It would be justified to do so on the basis that at least one tabloid has reported the possibility.
Frankly, our new board are either in the game of professional suicide or are in danger of being classed as downright incompetent (again)….

Becoming quite concerned about this new board and the bright new dawn all being rather much more like same old, same old tbh. 

I think Rennie was a good appointment, but Holt still being around and them being a bit too quiet considering our position is a growing concern. 

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Couldn’t disagree more.

The club are quite right not to respond publicly to speculation by daft wee boys on Facebook and tabloids (who probably got the story by reading Facebook).

Just now, roman_bairn said:

I wouldn’t expect the club to comment on rumours. However I would expect the new board to give us some sort of update. They’ve been in a month and we’ve heard nothing. Do we even have a chairman? Are they continuing with the model implemented by the old board? Plans for the club?

Its time to get going

Couldn’t disagree more.
The club are quite right not to respond publicly to speculation by daft wee boys on Facebook and tabloids (who probably got the story by reading Facebook).

On what basis do you think it’s good management to allow negative stories to circulate around the club that you run?
Frankly, if there is nothing to this story, put it to bed immediately and state publically that you do not sign players who do not fit the ‘role model’ ethos.
You don’t even need to mention the DGW name…

Just now, roman_bairn said:

On what basis do you think it’s good management to allow negative stories to circulate around the club that you run?
Frankly, if there is nothing to this story, put it to bed immediately and state publically that you do not sign players who do not fit the ‘role model’ ethos….

I can’t think of one single example of a club anywhere releasing a statement to say, “that player the newspaper linked us with won’t be signing, by the way”.

I can’t think of one single example of a club anywhere releasing a statement to say, “that player the newspaper linked us with won’t be signing, by the way”.

Yes I was adding the last bit as you responded. However I have seen statement to the effect of what I added above.
What I’d like to know is why you think it’s NOT the right thing to do?…

1 hour ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Supposedly was a q/a between the new bod and some fans and I believe they asked the question there which they received a majority support

I was at that meeting, but wasn’t a typical Q&A. It was effectively a “meet the Board and FSS promo” type of thing. In terms of numbers, there were 50ish supporters plus the Board (other than Ronnie Bateman who had felt unwell so hadn’t attended). There was something akin to half a dozen tables, and the Board members split up and spent a bit of time at each table.

While the table I was at had the least number of supporters (2), every Board member other than Nigel Serafini spent time with us, and there was absolutely no mention of Goodwillie despite there being a fair amount of chat around recruitment needed in terms of the spine of the team. 

There may have been mention of him at other tables, but not so much as a hint of his name being mentioned at my table…..neither by me or the other fan at the table, and definitely nothing from any of the directors.

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Yes I was adding the last bit as you responded. However I have seen statement to the effect of what I added above.
What I’d like to know is why you think it’s NOT the right thing to do?…

I don’t think releasing statements to address internet rumours is a good use of the club’s time. 

When there’s something to report on the signing front the club will report it.

Generally, I think we need to get more from the new board in the direction of travel but this Goodwillie shit just needs ignored. Rubbish.