The Falkirk FC Thread

16 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

It’s a milestone birthday for a World footballing icon who spent the largest part of his playing career with Falkirk. It’s an open goal for our social media. Costs nothing to put a tweet out and would bring a lot of publicity. A huge number of football fans still have no idea of his connection to our club and possibly some young Falkirk fans. 

Why would you not put out a post? 

I'll be honest it would never cross my mind. Too many other things are fucked with this club for me to even take an interest in social media posts unless its announcing comings and goings.

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

I'll be honest it would never cross my mind. Too many other things are fucked with this club for me to even take an interest in social media posts unless its announcing comings and goings.

Fair enough. Can understand that. Shouldn’t pass the mind of those responsible for the output though. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

3 hours ago, TedCrilly said:

Agreed. It’s obviously at the bottom of the list of priorities but it’s went dramatically downhill since Connor Park departed.

Things ain't much better with the foundation either!

They had a  Xmas raffle draw which took place on the 22nd with "winners to be announced on the 23rd", so far as I am aware ...nothing!!!

Also very poorly advertised in the 1st place, my laddie plays with a team and I had heard nothing about this, only happened to stumble upon it the night before the "draw" and bought a couple of tickets, at £5 a pop they might at least have the decency to announce the winners or let us know if they ditched it due to not selling enough tickets?

11 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

£18 to watch the Alloa match on my laptop!!!

There's putting a value on a product and then there's plucking a number out your ar*e! 🥴

Alloa have gone for the latter.

Have they done this to discourage home fans from buying PPV?

Guest Ecosse83
51 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

£18 to watch the Alloa match on my laptop!!!

That’s a disgrace, I wonder if they normally charge that amount! 

Edited by Ecosse83

2 hours ago, Blame Me said:

There's putting a value on a product and then there's plucking a number out your ar*e! 🥴

Alloa have gone for the latter.

Have they done this to discourage home fans from buying PPV?

Don't moan or the guy that operates the camera will be posting about how much better quality, zoom & value for money it is.

Aye ah'll be stumping up my eighteen pounds sterling, and why ?,,,,,,,,well I would like to have went over the water to see it but can't be bothered with all the faff and prolly not get in anyway,  there will be bugger all worth watching   so will stream it to the telly and you never know, might just unearth the turnaround performance of the season,,,,,,,,but more likely be 90 mins of comedy gold, so it's a win, win all round.

Edited by Uncle Fester

39 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

I just saw QP have sacked their manager.

And “reluctantly” too

Message for Mr Holt, there’s a job in Glasgow if the Killie gig falls through! (Mind you, they could hire Sheerin and they’d still waltz to the title)

Edited by Taxi for De Massis

5 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Couldn’t agree more. 

Been a notable difference in the social media since Connor and then Kieran left their roles as TC stated. Jamie has been in position for around 6 months now so really would have expected to see a difference. 

For an example it’s Alex Ferguson’s birthday today. A few fans have posted stuff on Facebook already but how long will it take the club to notice? I’ve no doubt they’ll put something out but it often looks like they’ve only posted as a reaction to others. Would have expected it to be posted already if it was something they had planned. These things should be bread and butter for social media content.

I think our media team might be avid readers of this forum 👇🏻

markup_4988.png

And “reluctantly” too
Message for Mr Holt, there’s a job in Glasgow if the Killie gig falls through! (Mind you, they could hire Sheerin and they’d still waltz to the title)

QP are 13 points behind Cove.
I think promotion via the play offs are probably their objective now.