Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

Likely better than what we have although it looks like even Williamson may have played more games than him the past few years.

From Saturdays team he would come in for Lemon i imagine who doesn't appear to be up to first team football at this level yet. If we continue to play with 3 at the back then we need to be bringing in replacements for Hall & McKay ASAP. 

The amount of improvement needed across the entire team is wild and with the length of contracts dished out by Holt you have to imagine this will be an incredibly expensive window if we are actually to make enough changes to become competitive again.

Being 18 points off the top too means we're at best fighting for a playoff spot. It's some gamble required from the new board to actually front up the cash this window or will they maybe be thinking of doing enough to avoid the drop and focus on next year? What a mess.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ilostmyself said:

Likely better than what we have although it looks like even Williamson may have played more games than him the past few years.

From Saturdays team he would come in for Lemon i imagine who doesn't appear to be up to first team football at this level yet. If we continue to play with 3 at the back then we need to be bringing in replacements for Hall & McKay ASAP. 

The amount of improvement needed across the entire team is wild and with the length of contracts dished out by Holt you have to imagine this will be an incredibly expensive window if we are actually to make enough changes to become competitive again.

Being 18 points off the top too means we're at best fighting for a playoff spot. It's some gamble required from the new board to actually front up the cash this window or will they maybe be thinking of doing enough to avoid the drop and focus on next year? What a mess.

 

We could well end up in the playoffs at the other end if substantial changes aren’t made to the squad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest TedCrilly

A different management team with the same shocking recruitment strategy as before. If only we could pinpoint where it’s all going wrong…

Edited by TedCrilly
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ATS is okay, it says a lot that we replaced him with Sean Kelly though. He's utterly useless at CB, he's more of a LWB than a CB but he's an okay LB. Was clear he wasn't good enough in the Premiership so was just used as cheap rotation. 

Also it could have something to do with Holt possibly, but he wasn't the one to sign him for us. Martindale did all the recruitment under Holt, which may give you an idea why Holt is shite at recruiting :D 

ATS made his name for us by just doing late backpost runs onto crosses, think he scored one or two against Hibs but he can be a bit prone to looking clumsy when asked to do more than just blooter the ball away. There's a good few examples of him being an error prone numpty, especially having a nightmare at Aberdeen when asked to play CB. He's big but not strong, won't physically impose himself but just wants to try float about the left side

Edited by ATLIS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Blame Me said:

I have no issues with this right now!

To be fair that tag could be applied to any Livi defender of the last 5 years :D Keeping it simple works sometimes, but the worry in me knows that the only Livi manager to try deviate from that was Kenny Miller who tried to focus on playing out from the back and using defenders to bring the ball out. Hopefully Rennie ignores him on that one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest TedCrilly
6 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

ATS is okay, it says a lot that we replaced him with Sean Kelly though. He's utterly useless at CB, he's more of a LWB than a CB but he's an okay LB. Was clear he wasn't good enough in the Premiership so was just used as cheap rotation. 

Also it could have something to do with Holt possibly, but he wasn't the one to sign him for us. Martindale did all the recruitment under Holt, which may give you an idea why Holt is shite at recruiting :D 

ATS made his name for us by just doing late backpost runs onto crosses, think he scored one or two against Hibs but he can be a bit prone to looking clumsy when asked to do more than just blooter the ball away. There's a good few examples of him being an error prone numpty, especially having a nightmare at Aberdeen when asked to play CB. He's big but not strong, won't physically impose himself but just wants to try float about the left side

Sounds like the last player we needed to recruit then if he’s hopeless at centre back. This coupled with genuine Goodwillie rumours does not make for a good day.

Edited by TedCrilly
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TedCrilly said:

Sounds like the last player we needed to recruit then if he’s hopeless at centre back. This coupled with genuine Goodwillie rumours is not a good day.

The upside would be he was hopeless at CB in the Premiership, possibly two steps down he could look like prime Baresi but who knows

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

 he can be a bit prone to looking clumsy when asked to do more than just blooter the ball away. There's a good few examples of him being an error prone numpty, especially having a nightmare at Aberdeen when asked to play CB. He's big but not strong, won't physically impose himself but just wants to try float about the left side

Oh he's going to fit in just fine here then. FFS. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...