The Falkirk FC Thread

“Jaime Wilson will return to the club on 1st January” would have sufficed. The shite about thanking Elgin for, actually, I’m not sure what for us just annoying.

We all know what the guy has - he shouldn’t be anywhere near the club.

So, have we recalled Wilson then, is that what the thanks are for?

4 minutes ago, Russ said:

That’s what it reads like. Which if true is absolutely fucking mental and arguably worse than signing the jobber in the first place.

It said returning on expiration of his loan, don’t think they’d have said expiration if he was being recalled early. 

Guest Ecosse83

It clearly says Wilson is returning upon the expiration of his loan spell. He club simply thanked Elgin for taking him on loan in the first place. Not sure what is so hard to understand! 🤦‍♂️

16 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Frankly I’d hope he’d be itching to get back to prove a point knowing he has some serious unfinished business.
If he doesn’t he’s probably not someone we need at this point in time…

Anton Dowds is currently an integral part of, and in excellent form for, a team sitting top of the Championship and who have a more than reasonable chance of being promoted to the Premier League come the end of the season. Throw in the fact of him being publicly criticised by the individual currently occupying the role of Sporting Director at the club where he is under contract and I'd be beyond astonished if Dowds was anything remotely approaching "itching" to return to a shambles of a football club flailing about in seventh place in League One. And only a complete idiot would blame him for that attitude.

2 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Anton Dowds is currently an integral part of, and in excellent form for, a team sitting top of the Championship and who have a more than reasonable chance of being promoted to the Premier League come the end of the season. Throw in the fact of him being publicly criticised by the individual currently occupying the role of Sporting Director at the club where he is under contract and I'd be beyond astonished if Dowds was anything remotely approaching "itching" to return to a shambles of a football club flailing about in seventh place in League One. And only a complete idiot would blame him for that attitude.

Perfectly put. I was about to reply to him with a less erudite “you’re talking shite”. 

Edited by Rugster

Nope - that’s a wee bit of a leap. Just trying to do do one or two things: explain what FSS can realistically achieve at the moment, or make sure we know who to approach if/when Holt does leave. I’m surmising that those who state explicitly that they won’t sign up while Holt is there support what we’re aiming for otherwise. 
I have signed up but do have reservations about my cash being lost through Holts horrendous signing history. The club needs fans and money but it also needs to have faith in our recruitment

Whatever happens with Dowds I’ve got so much time for him and hope it works out. He’s absolutely worked his baws off for us and been a standout in terms of that too, that’s no easy thing to do in our team because every single one of them runs themselves into the ground every single week. He’s been fantastic, never mattered that he started off mainly getting 5/10 minutes off the bench, he just got the heed doon and gave it his all. 

49 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Come on guys

We can’t have it every way. There’s been constant moaning about lack of comms. from club so they release a page on the website informing us one of our players is coming back from a loan spell. I don’t feel they are dressing this up as a new signing in any shape. We’re merely being told he’s on his way back and I’m sure if Dowds does does likewise they’ll be a suitable announcement.

I think sometimes people are looking for issues that are plainly not there.

I know it’s probably not the announcement that everyone want but at least we are being kept up to date.

Thanks for that!!!

Jesus!

so many happy clappers ignoring what’s fundamentally wrong. Cos they now own a wee bit of the club.

tragic. If we sign goodwillie I hope they get what they deserve… nae fans

3 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

The fact is if Dowds scores, assists and works as hard here as he seems to have done at Arbroath he will be loved. If he was as ineffective as he was in his first stint he won’t be. Simple stuff. 

Obviously easier said than done. Players in teams that are struggling will be working hard too. Might not be able to show their quality with what is surrounding them. He is a good player though, nothing fancy just old fashioned. I hope we keep him

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Probably shite for Dowds on a personal level as it looks like there's something special going on at Arbroath this season and I reckon most folk would love to see them get promoted.
End of the day he's a Falkirk player with his loan ending next week and there's no doubt he's a better option than Ruth/Wilson and most likely Keena too so I expect us not to loan him out again.
Honestly can't believe we loaned him out before Holt got rejected by those 17 strikers, absolute madness and must be the only reason we signed Wilson.

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Obviously easier said than done. Players in teams that are struggling will be working hard too. Might not be able to show their quality with what is surrounding them. He is a good player though, nothing fancy just old fashioned. I hope we keep him

He showed glimpses last season. I always thought he had a football brain. Fact was though we weren’t struggling last season for 20 odd games and he didn’t score much. Loaning him out this season with our current options was clearly a mistake though. 

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

He showed glimpses last season. I always thought he had a football brain. Fact was though we weren’t struggling last season for 20 odd games and he didn’t score much. Loaning him out this season with our current options was clearly a mistake though. 

Aye seems like this seasons been a bit of a mess for yous. The one thread out with the championship ones I look at regularly. It’ll be even more enjoyable when it all starts clicking for yous again. 

7 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

The fact is if Dowds scores, assists and works as hard here as he seems to have done at Arbroath he will be loved. If he was as ineffective as he was in his first stint he won’t be. Simple stuff. 

And the prospect of that scenario unfolding is unfortunately greatly diminished by the ongoing presence and influence of an individual who publicly humiliated him by comparing him unfavourably to an utter jobber who has just failed to cut it at Elgin City. On a personal level, and despite our ludicrous forward options, he'd be far better off remaining where he is for the rest of the season