The Falkirk FC Thread

Announcing the return of our own player from a loan where he couldn’t get a game for Elgin as if it’s a new signing.
Deary me.

Aye it’s the line thanking Elgin for their cooperation that really gets me here. Of course they’re going to be helpful here they’ve realised he’s absolutely stinking and can free up a wage and spot on their bench by getting him to f**k.

9 minutes ago, Russ said:

Aye it’s the line thanking Elgin for their cooperation that really gets me here. Of course they’re going to be helpful here they’ve realised he’s absolutely stinking and can free up a wage and spot on their bench by getting him to f**k.

where do you go out on loan after a loan to Elgin doesn't work out?

22 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I have consistently stated all along Holt should be gone. I even went on a podcast and said it the day Sheerin was sacked. 

I have not changed my mind and won’t his track record is awful. 
I trust those making the decisions at the club now, bearing in mind they have all the facts. Now my relationship with them gives me that confidence, I understand that, and probably would be as seething as you seem to be without it. 
We want to see the same thing to happen. Hopefully it is a matter of timing, I have no idea either way. 

I am seething and I’m sure you understand why. 

However, I do appreciate that you have a relationship with the new board that I don’t. Hence why you are more confident and I am still angry. I can only hope that we see the reason for your confidence soon.

As I’ve continually said, I want this new era to work and I will be contributing to the FSS. However I cannot see how we will achieve unity with Gary Holt still at the club. Here’s hoping it’s only a matter of time…

I just hope ATS turns out to be a decent signing, however the last thing we need is the club announcement on one of the worst players to wear the navy blue returning from loan. I can only assume that the contracts given to this guy and the others are void and based subject (solely) on winning the league, and void if we don’t ( I really f……. Hope so)

Can I just do a head count of those who have said they’d join FSS only if GH left? Not being facetious - I’ve seen a couple of folk mention it and we’ve had one cancel his subs after one payment citing that as a reason. It’d be useful to know so we can either discuss your perception of what FSS is about and where our powers are in reality, or make sure we chap your door once he leaves 🙂

Can I just do a head count of those who have said they’d join FSS only if GH left? Not being facetious - I’ve seen a couple of folk mention it and we’ve had one cancel his subs after one payment citing that as a reason. It’d be useful to know so we can either discuss your perception of what FSS is about and where our powers are in reality, or make sure we chap your door once he leaves [emoji846]

Are you telling us he’s about to depart the premises?…

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Are you telling us he’s about to depart the premises?…

Nope - that’s a wee bit of a leap. Just trying to do do one or two things: explain what FSS can realistically achieve at the moment, or make sure we know who to approach if/when Holt does leave. I’m surmising that those who state explicitly that they won’t sign up while Holt is there support what we’re aiming for otherwise. 

Nope - that’s a wee bit of a leap. Just trying to do do one or two things: explain what FSS can realistically achieve at the moment, or make sure we know who to approach if/when Holt does leave. I’m surmising that those who state explicitly that they won’t sign up while Holt is there support what we’re aiming for otherwise. 

For me I’ll consider subscribing when it’s clear to me what his role entails and I’m confident he’s not pulling the strings.
It’s more about having confidence in the board to do the right thing than any one individual.
Can’t say I’ve any understanding of any value he is bringing and real concerns that we are diminishing further.
I’ve heard all the arguments for joining but as a shareholder already it’s not enough for me to join in the current club climate…

Let’s just remember that Holt singled out and embarrassed two strikers who are still employed by the club to justify his signing of Wilson. For that alone he should have been binned. Why would Dowds want to come back and work his arse off for a club that put that out for everyone to see. 

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

For me I’ll consider subscribing when it’s clear to me what his role entails and I’m confident he’s not pulling the strings.
It’s more about having confidence in the board to do the right thing than any one individual.
Can’t say I’ve any understanding of any value he is bringing and real concerns that we are diminishing further.
I’ve heard all the arguments for joining but as a shareholder already it’s not enough for me to join in the current club climate…

Thanks. Stating the obvious - FSS doesn’t hire and fire club employees. We’re a separate organisation, a holding company if you like, for amassing shares in the club.

We can obviously advise the board what fans think about current issues, but the directors must by law act independently.  The more members and investment we bring, the more likely the board is to act on our advice. The implication of folk withholding being the opposite.

Thanks. Stating the obvious - FSS doesn’t hire and fire club employees. We’re a separate organisation, a holding company if you like, for amassing shares in the club.
We can obviously advise the board what fans think about current issues, but the directors must by law act independently.  The more members and investment we bring, the more likely the board is to act on our advice. The implication of folk withholding being the opposite.

All good points, but to be clear, you should not expect people to invest their hard earned cash into the club when they cannot see or feel confident that the money will be put to a good use.
It’s up to the board, not FSS to demonstrate that….