Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

Just now, Believe The Hype said:

Final say on a shortlist supplied by holt does not fill me with confidence either. If that is what holt does, again nobody, including people as in the the know as can be don't even know what he does. Its pathetic the club have shown no transparency on this. 

If that has happened and they are all shit they won’t sign them. I am convinced Rennie and Miller will have their own list anyway. 
As far as the transparency goes I think it is required, but he has been there for 12 months and Deans and his merry band did not make it clear either. 
As I said the priority for me has to be improving that squad in January, Holt is a side show. I am confident Rennie and Miller will do that and it will be their choices not players that have been forced on them. They will live or die by that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The fact you are having to explain this is scary. No, there are no U.S. “professional” teams using a sweeper, in the classic sense.
The system that worked for decades was
Keeper
2 Full Backs
1 Centre Half
2 Half Backs
2 Wingers
2 inside forwards
1 Centre Forward
It is so old it could now be called new and revolutionary
Bring it back!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

If that has happened and they are all shit they won’t sign them. I am convinced Rennie and Miller will have their own list anyway. 
As far as the transparency goes I think it is required, but he has been there for 12 months and Deans and his merry band did not make it clear either. 
As I said the priority for me has to be improving that squad in January, Holt is a side show. I am confident Rennie and Miller will do that and it will be their choices not players that have been forced on them. They will live or die by that. 

Absolute nonsense, it was his recruitment that f*cked us up. As long as he is here he has influence otherwise what are we paying him for? Tell your mates on the board to give him his jotters.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really don’t think the Goodwillie rumours will come to anything. This transfer was binned before so I can’t see why the new board would let it go through as one of their first involvements at the club. As said above, the only way I could see it happening is through pure desperation 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Goodwillie chat has been ongoing for years in our fan base so it's not surprising we're suposedly after him. Declan Gallagher played with Scotland having caved somebodies head in with a baseball bat. Marcos Alonso plays at the highest level even though he killed someone whilst drink driving in Spain. Numerous different examples of it in football which obviously doesn't make it right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only time Gary Holt has impressed me was when he dismissed the possibility of signing Goodwillie at the Q & A. If he’s going full panto villain and reversing that decision and we sign him then I seriously am done with the club. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Absolute nonsense, it was his recruitment that f*cked us up. As long as he is here he has influence otherwise what are we paying him for? Tell your mates on the board to give him his jotters.

 

Where am I arguing about Holt staying? I have consistently said we need shot. FWIW why don’t you email them. You don’t have any less influence than I have. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

The Goodwillie chat has been ongoing for years in our fan base so it's not surprising we're suposedly after him. Declan Gallagher played with Scotland having caved somebodies head in with a baseball bat. Marcos Alonso plays at the highest level even though he killed someone whilst drink driving in Spain. Numerous different examples of it in football which obviously doesn't make it right.

Proven rape of a woman to me is a far worse moral offense than either example you’ve given. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ex-poster (PeterLeFleur) here in the desperate attempt to join the fans against Goodwillie signing. I’m genuinely stunned the board are even considering this move and semi-terrified it could happen through desperation of our current position in the league table. I urge anyone who is for this transfer to read the civil case notes thoroughly again and then put the case into context if it was your daughter, sister etc involved. A truly disgusting act and not someone I’d want representing our club.
Also slightly baffled at the chat of ATS signing for us. Arguably our strongest positions are LB and LCB and we go and sign another. I can only assume Dixon is maybe out longer term.

Ehm, it would be interested to know what your source of this information is before we start having a go at the board?…
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

The only time Gary Holt has impressed me was when he dismissed the possibility of signing Goodwillie at the Q & A. If he’s going full panto villain and reversing that decision and we sign him then I seriously am done with the club. 

What will it have to do with Holt who comes in the door? Listen to Rennie’s first interview 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

Ex-poster (PeterLeFleur) here in the desperate attempt to join the fans against Goodwillie signing. I’m genuinely stunned the board are even considering this move and semi-terrified it could happen through desperation of our current position in the league table. I urge anyone who is for this transfer to read the civil case notes thoroughly again and then put the case into context if it was your daughter, sister etc involved. A truly disgusting act and not someone I’d want representing our club.

Also slightly baffled at the chat of ATS signing for us. Arguably our strongest positions are LB and LCB and we go and sign another. I can only assume Dixon is maybe out longer term.

I don't even remember ATS playing at centre back ever in his time against us so it would seem a bizarre signing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I have no idea what his role is and I have already said it should be clarified. 
I think the top priority however is to get players in and ensure the squad is improved dramatically in January. That, from the interviews I have heard, will be for Rennie and Miller to decide not Holt. 

If his role is to highlight players to sign and Rennie and Miller say no to all of them then his role is pointless.

Money that all people who attend games, buy merchandise, pay for their kids to play for the youth teams etc etc contribute towards his wages and deserve more respect from the board around what his role is and what he is giving from a productive point of view.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest TedCrilly
7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:


Ehm, it would be interested to know what your source of this information is before we start having a go at the board?…

I changed my post to if the links are true. Scott Burns reporting we are interested this morning. He’s very very rarely off the mark.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

What will it have to do with Holt who comes in the door? Listen to Rennie’s first interview 

I fully appreciate you also want Holt removed BPM, however serious question, if he isn't deciding on the players and rennie and Miller are, what is his use? if its to negotiate contracts, he's proved he does this badly too. I really don't see the point of him, and never have.  it's a fact he takes a sizeable salary which could be used more effectively. he is arrogant, he's recruited his son, he's been involved in our worst period in living memory. if the new board want everyone on board they need to disassociate themselves from him immediately by making his role redundant. I'm utterly disappointed they haven't done this already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...