The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
1 minute ago, TedCrilly said:

I’d argue that signing Goodwillie is far greater than just the managers call and responsibility would 100% sit with the board. 

I wouldn’t. But your opinion is valid. 

Guest Back Post Misses
2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Why would anyone actually NEED to email the board? If they don’t know how unpopular Holt is I’d say they are in no way attuned to the thoughts of the fans they are supposed to represent.
I certainly hope the Goodwillie rumours are not true (personally I think is nothing more than press bullshit). However if it did prove true I think it’s fair to say that they will permanently lose all credibility with the support….

I am sure they are well aware of the supports view on Holt. They would need to have been on Mars not to. However I was responding to someone who told me “to have a word with my mates”. I have no influence on decisions. 

19 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

I’d argue that signing Goodwillie is far greater than just the managers call and responsibility would 100% sit with the board. 

Agreed. At a time when we are asking fans to contribute to FSS and pull together then making such a divisive move would be much more than an on-field football decision.

Edited by Marshmallo

3 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

Might as well sign up Prince Andrew 

If GW signs I'm absolutely done with the club 

You wouldn’t be alone. Set aside the (huge) ethical mountain, and come March, he turns 33, and he certainly hasn’t looked after himself in a CR7 or Kenny Miller way. Would the fall out be worth it for half a season? He hasn’t exactly fired Clyde into the promotion play offs this season, so why would he do it for us?

I was amazed he went to Clyde as he seemed a perfect fit for the Launderers…….but not FFC.

Why oh why are we the ONLY team that constantly regurgitates this David Goodwillie shite. Foitball wise he could play for most teams in the country, do they all constantly go on and on about it?

Hes a fucking rapist. And f**k your court of law shite. The laddie raped someone.

12 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Agreed. At a time when we are asking fans to contribute to FSS and pull together then making such a divisive move would be much more than an on-field football decision.

I read someone saying the board had veto powers over signings and I certainly hope they would use those powers if true in this instance. 

I'm the same as a lot of posters here. It's sad seeing the amount of people seriously suggest on here and on the Facebook page that they'd be happy with Goodwillie signing.

I'd actually rather go into League 2 than sign the guy. I can't see myself supporting a team that pays him. I wouldn't be back. 

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

Signed a left back. Fantastic stuff. We’ve already got 2 in the squad with only 1 right back and a bunch of useless gutless centre backs.

Are we intentionally trying to build the most unbalanced squad of players?

I’m going to assume he’ll play left side of a back 3. I think McCann has came onto a game and left wing back would probably suit him well

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

Signed a left back. Fantastic stuff. We’ve already got 2 in the squad with only 1 right back and a bunch of useless gutless centre backs.

Are we intentionally trying to build the most unbalanced squad of players?

I was trying to take solace from the "can play centre half" bit tbh. 

Although you would have to assume that LCH is Dixons position so....... Whilst I have been impressed by him this season, theres 2 CHs need to get replaced by better hefore we consider Dixons place in the line up. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

FFS think that through. You have 22 people who are Patrons. All will have different views on a good number of issues. How the hell can Board Members come and discuss whether someone’s employment is terminated? 
The Patrons elected two guys to represent the group. If they don’t like those representing the group they won’t vote for them the next time. 

Thought that was an acronym for the Supporters Society till I read back! Just asking the question as I have no idea what the setup is but if the directors are elected for 3 years then it’s a long time to wait if you want to change. Also how would you know how well they have done their job if nothing has been communicated back and forth?

The idea for representation was for fans to have their say in the club but if the patrons have no influence on the board other than a vote every 3 years then not sure how that allows more fans to have their say. 

1 minute ago, Rocco said:

I’m going to assume he’ll play left side of a back 3. I think McCann has came onto a game and left wing back would probably suit him well

Definitely going to play left centre back but we have Dixon & Lemon who both play there.