The Falkirk FC Thread

Just started a Falkirk career on Football Manager 2022 there and it really brings home how poor the squad is.

We’re short of quality and depth in virtually every position on the pitch. 

It’s very worrying that Holt is seemingly still going to have a role in recruitment- Rennie said “they’ve got players to bring in and hopefully we can make that happen”.

I don’t know who else ‘they’ can be if it’s not Holt and Corrzo.

3 minutes ago, Bula Bairn said:

Very good.  Not happening with Holt's recruitment though, and that's a very easy problem for the board to solve! 

I suspect that it is not so easy to solve.

I would make the role redundant irrespective of the length of notice period he has, any payoff due to him would be worth it to get on with the completely fresh start needed.

14 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Just started a Falkirk career on Football Manager 2022 there and it really brings home how poor the squad is.

We’re short of quality and depth in virtually every position on the pitch. 

It’s very worrying that Holt is seemingly still going to have a role in recruitment- Rennie said “they’ve got players to bring in and hopefully we can make that happen”.

I don’t know who else ‘they’ can be if it’s not Holt and Corrzo.

If it took managing Falkirk in Football Manager 2022 to understand how poor they are right now, then maybe football isn't for you 😂

Edited by Glenmavis Diamond

Unfortunately I’m back to being horrendously pessimistic again. I had some friends go to the Clyde game and from what was being said by various club members it sounds like Holt is very much part of the future plan of the club. That therefore means I’ll continue to go nowhere near the games. I can’t believe he’s not been sacked yet.  Holt assembled this dreadful team and he’ll just continue to destroy it if he carries on being involved in recruitment. Falkirk need to sack him if they want to keep any fans. 

Edited by MS RR

Guest Caractacus Potts
38 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Absolutely none. Similar to joining FSS or buying shares, it's for the love of the club and purely an emotional thing.

What I hope the FSS and PG do bring is more stability and transparency, with fans at the helm rather than those who are in it for themselves.  With these Groups in-situ, it also has the potential to ward off any predatory bid to buy the club from perhaps those who we wouldnt anywhere near the Club (let's not forget Mark Campbell)

Bottom line is, unless you have several hundred thousand £'s to "gift" the club, you are not going to have any influence. 

Fair enough and well done to those who forked out £10k to get rid of the old board. 

I had just hoped that this new ‘representative’ model would’ve meant more fans would have had a say than those in the boardroom. Understand there are protocols surrounding the board that can’t be broken but hoped there would be a process whereby those  representing would better reflect the views of their membership. 

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Rennie's most likely going to persist with the 3-4-1-2 so in January our signings are obviously going to have to compliment that. We all know the spine of the team is the priority. So we need a right sided centre back, a dominant centre midfielder and two strikers if he's sending Ruth back to Aberdeen.

Interesting that Rennie cited injuries as the only reason for 11 of our players being missing on Saturday. 

But the players of the quality required will have more attractive offers

We ain't got a lot going for us as prospective employers.

Manager on short term contract

Reputation for dumping players

Crap playing squad

Moral at rock bottom

Poor league position in a poor league

Supporters on the players backs

Hope we get the quality require but we must be realistic its going to be a hard sell.

The team needs some wins during the transfer window to show there is a turn round.

Crap playing squad
Moral at rock bottom
Hope we get the quality require but we must be realistic its going to be a hard sell.
The team needs some wins during the transfer window to show there is a turn round.

Happy Xmas to you too!…

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Crap playing squad

Moral at rock bottom

Posted this before but here I go again.

Players at our level play to pay the bills not collect medals.

Offer better terms than other teams and by and large the players will sign.

7 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Posted this before but here I go again.

Players at our level play to pay the bills not collect medals.

Offer better terms than other teams and by and large the players will sign.

It’s pointless trying to explain that to him.

25 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Unfortunately I’m back to being horrendously pessimistic again. I had some friends go to the Clyde game and from what was being said by various club members it sounds like Holt is very much part of the future plan of the club. That therefore means I’ll continue to go nowhere near the games. I can’t believe he’s not been sacked yet.  Holt assembled this dreadful team and he’ll just continue to destroy it if he carries on being involved in recruitment. Falkirk need to sack him if they want to keep any fans. 

I really can't believe the club are so out of touch on this matter. It's literally the most blindly obvious thing they could do.

23 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Crap playing squad

Moral at rock bottom

You’re like an old 78 gramophone record stuck on the turntable.

Happy Christmas.

For me, the Gary Holt thing does need to come to some sort of closure. Although he has the tag of “Director” tagged onto his job title, he isn’t on the Board…….he is simply an employee of the club, and his employment can be terminated at any time by triggering the relevant notice period……..or by shelling out a wad of cash to send him on his way.

As of today, neither scenario seems to be playing out, therefore he is still employed by the club for one of two reasons. 1) They believe he makes a positive contribution worthy of his salary, or 2) They do not believe he contributes in any positive manner, but do not have the money to pay him off, and fund a replacement. All that can be done in the short term is to restrict his involvement to purely administrative duties thus clearing the way for Rennie and Miller to deal with the “who” part of recruitment, leaving Holt and the CEO to deal with the paperwork.

Of course, it might be none of the above.

The two things that are really obvious is that the support still want to see a bit more blood on the walls as some sort of retribution for what has been the gross mismanagement of the club, and I for one wouldn’t like to argue against that mindset. 
Second would be some sort of clarification from the Board regarding Holt’s position and job description from this point forward. It might calm troubled waters, or might simply add more fuel to the fire, but it needs to be done.

Personally, I still have nightmares at Holt’s assertion at the Q&A that this season’s squad will be next season’s squad.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Guest Back Post Misses
3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Yet* but there's clearly potential there. Strong in the air, relatively quick and physically ready.

Not for me 

Guest Back Post Misses
2 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I don’t know the set up of the patrons but if that’s true then who do the board members represent? Would have thought you would be consulted on issues. 

FFS think that through. You have 22 people who are Patrons. All will have different views on a good number of issues. How the hell can Board Members come and discuss whether someone’s employment is terminated? 
The Patrons elected two guys to represent the group. If they don’t like those representing the group they won’t vote for them the next time. 

Guest Ecosse83

I can’t see Rennie and Milller coming in knowing Holt will be signing the players. I reckon they will identify the players and Holt will try and get them over the line (that could also be an issue to be fair)

The first few weeks in January will be interesting that’s for sure! 

Guest Back Post Misses
4 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

What’s your thoughts on ATS and Goodwillie? 

Both are better players than we have. 
Are they the right ones for now? Not convinced personally for obvious reasons but it is the managers call and no one else’s. 

Guest TedCrilly
Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Both are better players than we have. 
Are they the right ones for now? Not convinced personally for obvious reasons but it is the managers call and no one else’s. 

I’d argue that signing Goodwillie is far greater than just the managers call and responsibility would 100% sit with the board.