The Falkirk FC Thread

I would be astonished if the new guys and CEO (and Patron's) still think we need a DOF. If I recall this was a requirement (model) GD & associates thought would crucial in identifying players and if reported negotiating contracts etc, and a direct link reporting to the BOD.

Its been nothing short of monumental disaster and can’t think of any player that’s been worthy of the jersey. Mediocre players at best that guys like Dick Campbell would haves chased in a minute. 

A half decent manager, McCall Campbell Raith guy, are examples of people that can build teams without an extra layer of management.

Will give Rennie a break here, as he’s new into the Scottish leagues, but with KM beside him, expecting an immediate uplift in calibre of player.

Listened to Rennies interview again and really hoping that he knows he’s inherited  a pile of shite, but can’t say on TV………

The problem is how are Rennie and miller going to have much of a Scoobie about whether the players Holt has identified are any good until they rock up to training on their first day? They will have had zero chance to see them in action live I would think and video footage can be edited all sorts of ways.  It's not as if we'll be signing well known faces that will have reached the other side of the Atlantic. Are we going to be trying to get every proposed new signing in on trial first?  I'm not sure many clubs would be keen to allow that anyway.  

I’m not sure if I am alone in thinking that the concept of the DoF role would not have been an issue if the right person had been appointed but the present incompetent sorry incumbent has exposed that argument big time.

in terms of MR’s interview am I the only person to believe that he was purely responding honestly to the question posed & giving context to what has been happening pre his arrival  before moving on to confirm that new additions would be arriving. Maybe I’m naive but I didn’t equate that to this being a fait accompli of another batch of Holt Hasbeens 

I honestly reckon Holt has managed to surpass Hartleys dross that was emptied the fact Hartleys dross was a tier above where we are now and failing we are third tier and still failing.

Watched Rennies interview and i think he knows what he has on his hands but a shit load of that needs emptied i mean come on Jamie Wilson 2 yr deal, Brad McKay 3 yr deal how in the name of f**k do they merit that?

Edited by AL-FFC

9 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

I’m not sure if I am alone in thinking that the concept of the DoF role would not have been an issue if the right person had been appointed but the present incompetent sorry incumbent has exposed that argument big time.

in terms of MR’s interview am I the only person to believe that he was purely responding honestly to the question posed & giving context to what has been happening pre his arrival  before moving on to confirm that new additions would be arriving. Maybe I’m naive but I didn’t equate that to this being a fait accompli of another batch of Holt Hasbeens 

Agree - you can’t blame Rennie for any of this mess. If new players have already agreed contracts prior to him and Millers arrival you can only blame Holt and the board if the players are pish.

10 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

As I understand it, since GH was appointed the BOD had no involvement in negotiations other than having a veto. (previously one of the BOD used to do the deals) 

The veto would only be used for non-footballing reasons, such as the potential signing of a player who they didn't want to be associated with our club. There is one obvious example from recent years. I suspect there may also have been a second one due to a potential court case. 

Anyway, in the current system I think the DOF proposes players and the head coach has the final say. Or at least the last two coaches have stated that's how it works in both FFCTV and public interviews.  Given that their careers are on the line I tend to believe them.  

Tonights interview may have muddied the waters a bit, depending on how you view MR's comments. Hopefully the club will give us some clarity over the coming days.  Either that or when signings are announced Rennie will give an explanation on how they were scouted and how much say he had in bringing them to FFC.   

So any player identified by Holt before R&M would have been  given to Sheerin to rubber stamp it. So we may now have potential  players that Sheerin has agreed to as some might have signed pre contracts a few weeks ago. Or do we have contractual powers to veto if R&M are uninpressed

The board really need to come out and tell the fans what’s going on with regards to Holt and his remit. If he has been given a say in what players we get in January then we need told. Also if there are issues with regards to relieving him of his duties then tell us. Punting him is the one thing that could unite the majority of fans and get us behind the board, I can’t understand why they wouldn’t see this.

Guest Back Post Misses
Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

The board really need to come out and tell the fans what’s going on with regards to Holt and his remit. If he has been given a say in what players we get in January then we need told. Also if there are issues with regards to relieving him of his duties then tell us. Punting him is the one thing that could unite the majority of fans and get us behind the board, I can’t understand why they wouldn’t see this.

I am not sure they could come out and say “we want shot, but can’t because of…….” 

Guest Ecosse83

I’m not sure they could come out and say anything specifically about Holt. 

I know the Holt situation is rubbish but we can’t possibly start having a go at the new board, where we are now has been years in the making. The poor buggers probably can’t believe what they have taken on ! 

34 minutes ago, Fawkirk Wull said:

So any player identified by Holt before R&M would have been  given to Sheerin to rubber stamp it. So we may now have potential  players that Sheerin has agreed to as some might have signed pre contracts a few weeks ago. Or do we have contractual powers to veto if R&M are uninpressed

No.  Precontracts are used for summer signings as that's when most players become available. I've never heard of a precontract being made for a January signing.

Even if one was made, they're nothing more than a promise to sign and are not legally binding. 

Nobody will come in that Rennie hasn't agreed to. 

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am not sure they could come out and say “we want shot, but can’t because of…….” 

I understand the position you are in as you probably know a lot more of what is going on than you can share on social media but there has to be some communication from the club regarding Holt.  I like you and probably like most of us know loads of Falkirk fans and I’ve yet to meet one with a positive thing to say about the guy. He is a major issue at our club, he is stopping fans investing in the club and stopping others buying season tickets. There needs to be communication from the club with regards to why Sheerin and Grainger left yet for me an even bigger issue is still at the club.

Guest Back Post Misses
16 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I understand the position you are in as you probably know a lot more of what is going on than you can share on social media but there has to be some communication from the club regarding Holt.  I like you and probably like most of us know loads of Falkirk fans and I’ve yet to meet one with a positive thing to say about the guy. He is a major issue at our club, he is stopping fans investing in the club and stopping others buying season tickets. There needs to be communication from the club with regards to why Sheerin and Grainger left yet for me an even bigger issue is still at the club.

100% I know nothing more about the Holt situation than the next man. 

Surely Kenny Miller was hired as someone with a working knowledge of the Scottish game who knows the teams and players? So we don't need Holt.

I see he isn't due to finish his coaching badges until 2022 (or is the "pro" badge a level above what is needed?) https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/uefa-pro-licence-lineup-announced/

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

100% I know nothing more about the Holt situation than the next man. 

Do you think it be worth the club putting out some form of communication telling fans what the specific remits are of the likes of Rennie, Holt etc. I very much doubt it but we could all be painting Holt as the anti-Christ and blaming him for stuff that has got zero to do with him.

Guest Caractacus Potts
8 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Surely Kenny Miller was hired as someone with a working knowledge of the Scottish game who knows the teams and players? So we don't need Holt.

I see he isn't due to finish his coaching badges until 2022 (or is the "pro" badge a level above what is needed?) https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/uefa-pro-licence-lineup-announced/

Got to be a level above what is needed as Shaun Maloney is listed too. 

Guest Back Post Misses
9 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Do you think it be worth the club putting out some form of communication telling fans what the specific remits are of the likes of Rennie, Holt etc. I very much doubt it but we could all be painting Holt as the anti-Christ and blaming him for stuff that has got zero to do with him.

If it were me I would have tipped him out on day one but that is looking from the outside not know any facts about the situation. 
If Holt is staying then his role has to be clearly defined. 
The way to clear it up however is to move him on. But that is my opinion and mine alone. 

Edited by Back Post Misses