The Falkirk FC Thread

Potentially. But we had top 4 form second half of last season without Nouble and with Hearts and Dundee in the league. I’m not expecting any title challenge I just want to be in and around the top 4 come May. 

Dowds excellent again today by the way. I actually love him now. Just gives it 100 percent and never stops, showing he’s quite a clever player too. What a guy

Can’t wait to bring him back and make him look absolutely shite. It’s the Falkirk way.

55 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

As I understand it, since GH was appointed the BOD had no involvement in negotiations other than having a veto. (previously one of the BOD used to do the deals) 

The veto would only be used for non-footballing reasons, such as the potential signing of a player who they didn't want to be associated with our club. There is one obvious example from recent years. I suspect there may also have been a second one due to a potential court case. 

Anyway, in the current system I think the DOF proposes players and the head coach has the final say. Or at least the last two coaches have stated that's how it works in both FFCTV and public interviews.  Given that their careers are on the line I tend to believe them.  

Tonights interview may have muddied the waters a bit, depending on how you view MR's comments. Hopefully the club will give us some clarity over the coming days.  Either that or when signings are announced Rennie will give an explanation on how they were scouted and how much say he had in bringing them to FFC.   

Or, instead, they could just release statement confirming that Holt has been emptied. Fans rejoice and Rennie and Miller get to bring in who they'd like.

2 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I never got the positivity with Rennie's arrival. The best attribute he had was that he isn't Sheerin. It seems and seemed a massive gamble. Bringing in a real left field punt to try and eke out more from the utter garbage we have. I'm still hoping he has enough about him to keep us up but I'd say relegation is a very real possibility. 

Absolutely fucked off that Holt is still stinking the place out. He'll bring in more shit in January and the patreon cash will be pissed up a wall trying to cling on to L1 survival.  League One fucking survival!

We were told to give the new board time to empty Holt properly vis a vis employment law. Time is up. 

We’d have won under Sheerin today.

1 hour ago, BooBairn said:

Doubt anyone could make a case for more than 2 players from that starting XI to stay at the club. Beyond a joke the state that we are currently in. 

32074C1C-EE1C-4B88-BF42-9386AE4A2030.jpeg

Nesbitt, Telfer and Morrison I’d keep. Lemon is raw but has potential for me (I’d actually far rather play him than Hall or McKay and playing alongside those two won’t have helped his development).

What disappoints me is the way the team was set up today, it looked totally wrong with some players out of position as did the tactics.

My guess R&M should have had been pouring over every game captured this season by FTV to see best positions for all players. I’ve got to give them the benefit of the doubt due to the high number of ‘unexpected injuries’

WTF is actually going on? The whole situation appears to be getting worse and players are dropping like flies. MR’s interview post match was truly uninspiring and actually created more questions than it did answers.

We keep hearing the same comments over and over about how good the players are in training but this form rarely materialises on the pitch on a Saturday afternoon - Have we got a team of bottlers?

Early days for R&M but we have little time to get this sorted out and things need to improve very quickly.

What disappoints me is the way the team was set up today, it looked totally wrong with some players out of position as did the tactics.

My guess R&M should have had been pouring over every game captured this season by FTV to see best positions for all players. I’ve got to give them the benefit of the doubt due to the high number of ‘unexpected injuries’

WTF is actually going on? The whole situation appears to be getting worse and players are dropping like flies. MR’s interview post match was truly uninspiring and actually created more questions than it did answers.

We keep hearing the same comments over and over about how good the players are in training but this form rarely materialises on the pitch on a Saturday afternoon - Have we got a team of bottlers?

Early days for R&M but we have little time to get this sorted out and things need to improve very quickly.

I actually thought the MR interview was night and day from clueless Sheerin. MR was fairly open about what the issues are and pretty bullish about being able to address them in time.
I don’t think he is the problem here….

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

I actually thought the MR interview was night and day from clueless Sheerin. MR was fairly open about what the issues are and pretty bullish about being able to address them in time.
I don’t think he is the problem here….

I thought Falkirk got beat 2-1 at home against a weak Clyde team. No?

Nesbitt, Telfer and Morrison I’d keep. Lemon is raw but has potential for me (I’d actually far rather play him than Hall or McKay and playing alongside those two won’t have helped his development).

A few people have said the same but I don’t see what potential Lemon has. He’s absolutely stinking. Really can’t see him being much better than the likes of Hall and McKay. Definitely though he should never be playing for a team that expects your centre backs to play football you can tell he’s not comfortable in the slightest with the ball at his feet and never has any idea what to do with it.

I’m no fan of Sheerin but today’s tactics, against a weakened Clyde, WTF.

With the players we had available I don’t see how Sheerin would have set us up much differently perhaps Sammy up top instead of Keena. Paul Sheerin is an absolute fucking loser and not a chance the result would’ve been any different.

Should go without saying but Martin Rennie really doesn’t deserve any stick for that today. Our squad is bad enough when fully fit never mind with so many players out and there’s no manager that could make they defenders a solid cohesive unit. At the end of January when hopefully our squad is looking different (although with that dick Holt still around can’t wait to see what jobbers we bring in) we can start to judge him but until then any points we can get with this shower is a bonus.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Russ said:

A few people have said the same but I don’t see what potential Lemon has. He’s absolutely stinking. Really can’t see him being much better than the likes of Hall and McKay. Definitely though he should never be playing for a team that expects your centre backs to play football you can tell he’s not comfortable in the slightest with the ball at his feet and never has any idea what to do with it.

Remember Lemon, Weekes and Cammy Williamson were apparently academy graduates that showcased the good work Holt was doing. Graduates and not cheap squad options, once the obvious candidates of Nesbit, McCann and R.Williamson had been signed. 

Holt really has been scouring the country for some gems. So glad we pay an extra £50k for the services of someone like him….

Guest Back Post Misses

As one or two have already said, Rennie and Miller have their futures on the line. If anyone thinks that they will accept a player they don’t want from the Gary Holt school of scouting they must be not thinking straight. 

Rennie made it clear that he has the final say on signings in his first interview. 

I have not changed my mind on Holt, he needs to go and allow this club to move forward. However as others have said we don’t know the ins and outs of the situation. 

Am I correct in thinking that the previous board said that Q & A sessions would continue on a quarterly basis? That being the case, our next Q & A should take place on or around the 19th January, yes?

With your indulgence(assuming that the session is another Zoom meeting due to Covid restrictions), might I suggest that we ALL submit the exact same 2 questions?

"Why is Gary Holt still employed by Falkirk FC when his recruitment of sub-standard players, who are not fit to wear the navy blue and some of whom are on 3 year deals, is the root cause of our league position"?

"Why did we allow nepotism to occur and accept Holt signing his son"?

If there are no other questions except these, surely they would have to give us the answers? I know that not all of the current board were responsible for allowing Holt's son to be signed but Gordon Wright was there at the time and should be held to account.

What do you think?

17 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

As one or two have already said, Rennie and Miller have their futures on the line. If anyone thinks that they will accept a player they don’t want from the Gary Holt school of scouting they must be not thinking straight. 

Rennie made it clear that he has the final say on signings in his first interview. 

I have not changed my mind on Holt, he needs to go and allow this club to move forward. However as others have said we don’t know the ins and outs of the situation. 

If that’s the case, and I hope you are right, there is zero value in Holt’s role now.

We will have a clearer picture once we see the January signings. It’ll be obvious to most of us immediately who’s signed them ie. whether it was Holt or Rennie/Miller.

As I’ve said yesterday, I am totally pissed off with the new board already at this precise moment. It’s defo an accumulation of what’s been going on however their opening statement should have been to get rid of Holt and that’s not happened.

The board need to clarify his position though, they are fully aware exactly how we all feel about him and have seen the mess he has left us in with his signings. They need to release some sort of statement acknowledging the supporters but explaining their reasoning for keeping him on. The head in the sand silence is deafening and will only create yet another divide between fans and board.