The Falkirk FC Thread

20 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

I can only look forward to January 1 when, whoever Coach Rennie has identified will walk into the first team (all 11 of them).

Dowds scored again and I honestly don’t see him coming back. Our wreck of a club will let him go, rather than demand a fee.

Fourth is the best we can hope for. Whether that’s fourth from top or fourth from bottom remains to be see.

I’m getting numb to this pain and aware that the sadness will never go away.

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

His loan is finished on December 31st is it not ? 

He won't want to play for them. £50K, Arbroath's challenge could depend on his contribution, would that be enough to pay off Holt?

17 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

Sorry to ask but can someone please post the contract lengths given to these alleged footballers?

Roughly, and by no means 100% accurate or complete, but something along the lines of:

January: McDaid, Krasniqi, loans expired

Summer 2022: Dixon, Miller, Hall, Telfer, Keena, Dowds, Ompreon, Ruth (loan expired)

Summer 2023: Williamson, Hetherington, Ross, McGuffie, Nesbitt, Morrison, Wilson

Summer 2024: McCann, McKay (a contender for one of the biggest mistakes ever made in terms of recruitment)

Eight or nine players signed last summer were given contracts of at least two years in length. So whilst shouts of "wholesale clear-out" are perfectly understandable it's just not realistic given the probable cost to get rid of some of this dross whilst they are still under contract. The first port of call in terms of any discussion about recruitment simply has to be the immediate removal of the Sporting Director from his position. He's overseen a rebuild which has left us without a single central defender, central midfielder or forward worthy of the description. Gross incompetence. GTF.

3 minutes ago, Biggestbairn said:

1.66 games in. 

In what way do you think MR has improved the team or performances?

Zero new manager bounce  Tier 4 is becoming a real possibility  

He’s only played 1 game. The other game was abandoned- granted he’s made no improvement but he needs at least a transfer window.

Like you, I think there is a real chance we’ll go down however I am far more concerned about the new boards absolute support for Holt than anything else tbh.

Guest Caractacus Potts

Was one of the great lines at the Q and A not comparing Aiden Nesbit with Robbie Leitch? Just checked and Leith has 5 goals and 1 assist in 15 league matches to Nesbit’s 2 goals and 3 assists in 17. Leitch is also playing regularly for a team at the top of the league. 

This is Holt’s recruitment. Just watched a video of Dick Campbell from AVFTT and he says you don’t bring players that aren’t better than what you’ve already got. Someone has to pass that on to Holt. 

If we had kept Sheerin, as far as I am concerned we would have been relegated or at least in the playoff.

There is absolutely no point in judging Rennie until he can get some of his own players in. You might argue that he has had enough time to look at the squad, but then if its going to get hammered in the run up to a game with, presumably, covid which is just the reality of it atm, his hands are somewhat tied.

Basically, its way too early to be making any sort of assessment of the management team IMO, given the circumstances around the 2 games they have overseen.

Guest Back Post Misses
38 minutes ago, kiddy said:

He won't want to play for them. £50K, Arbroath's challenge could depend on his contribution, would that be enough to pay off Holt?

Dowds won’t play for who? 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

If we had kept Sheerin, as far as I am concerned we would have been relegated or at least in the playoff.

There is absolutely no point in judging Rennie until he can get some of his own players in. You might argue that he has had enough time to look at the squad, but then if its going to get hammered in the run up to a game with, presumably, covid which is just the reality of it atm, his hands are somewhat tied.

Basically, its way too early to be making any sort of assessment of the management team IMO, given the circumstances around the 2 games they have overseen.

He needs to stop picking Brad fecking Mackay for starters. That's two games and he's had him starting in both and we weren't down to the bare bones against east Fife.