The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

We desperately need to get a couple of leaders for central defence & midfield in the mould of Yogi & Alex Taylor to get things stabilised & then add a minimum of one frontman. Allied to those three hopefully we have a positive manager bounce out of others already there whose performance levels had definitely tailed off over past month 

Would make a big difference and it will take a big selling job to get the plyers of the quality required to choose Falkirk instead of other options.

That is where the 9 month contract the management team are on way work against them them seeing our track record.

59 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Thats what I think also. Decent players like we saw at the start of the season don't turn into crap overnight. It was the one track system that was at fault. The players obviously could not work the way Sheerin wanted. It will be interesting to see if they can change.
In his interview he cited Yogi as an example. Hope he does not think Wilson would make a great CH or Hall a great striker

I’m not convinced- there’s some decent players in the squad for sure but the vast majority are bang average at best even for this level.

Our options at centre half are poor, we’re stuffed at right back when Williamson is inevitably injured, there’s no one to provide dig in midfield and the less said about our ‘strikers’ the better.

Even our better players have offered very little for weeks.

A good number of signings required in January for me.

My two cents worth:

-  Excellent interview from Coach Rennie, brings back some fantastic memories of being a ballboy in that era.  He comes across extremely well and is definitely someone who you could buy into, he has to deliver though and as he says if we can build momentum then who knows. I’m still sceptical as to whether he can transfer his coaching skills learned via NA and SK to the British environment but here’s hoping. Looking forward to tomorrow’s game but will be unfair to judge the new coaching team after only a couple of training sessions.  Hopefully we’ll at least see a change in attitude from the players and a positive result.

- I’m quite confident that Rennie will have full control over transfers, he himself has stated that and ultimately this is his big opportunity to work in Europe on the line.

-  The appointment of Miller is an intelligent piece of business in terms of his stature, contacts and knowledge of Scottish football. I won’t lose any sleep with him commenting on all things Rangers/Celtic.

-  It was good to see an update from the new BoD, albeit brief but an update all the same.  My issue was that although they were officially appointed on 7/12/21, it was announced on 21/11/21 that change was coming and I half expected that in week 1 we would have received some words of reassurance, that there is plan in place and they were raring to go, but the recent update is a start.   

-  Goodwillie would be a great signing and enhance the first team immeasurably.

Stop with the Goodwillie shite ffs.

Absolutely disgusting that fans would love us to sign and hero worship a rapist just to win some football games. Have some fucking morals. I’d much rather watch us slide down to the Lowland League than resort to signing filth like that.

10 minutes ago, Russ said:

Absolutely disgusting that fans would love us to sign and hero worship a rapist just to win some football games. Have some fucking morals. I’d much rather watch us slide down to the Lowland League than resort to signing filth like that.

Aye. You would think this fucking beast is the only guy that can score goals in Scottish League 1 ffs. 

16 minutes ago, Russ said:

Interesting how the bleeding heart lefty brigade are all up in arms against someone who was never convicted in a criminal court.

Would have thought that you would be prepared to show some mercy towards someone who has been punished and kept himself out of trouble over a good number of years.

Ah well, there you go!

Even if Goodwillie was available despite his well documented past, do you honestly think superscout Holt would be first in the queue? There's been loads of players that you think he'd do a job for us and ginge cant see the woods for the trees. There's also the fact that any striker needs service first and foremost and we have a midfield at any given time from Mcguffie, Miller, Hetherington, Ross, Telfer, Nesbitt, Krasniqi, Morrison and McDaid. Telfer and Nesbitt apart  it's shite on the creative front

Morrison and McDaid can't cross the road, with the latter in particular just looking like a sand dancer. 

Edited by ebobsboy

38 minutes ago, Russ said:

The take from the resident attention seeking p***k only enhances why signing him would be a disgusting move.

If it’s a transfer people like that would want then it’s undoubtedly the wrong thing to do.

The guy was not a convicted criminal because the evidence was. It good enough . A civil action is totally different he ultimately paid some cash to end the thing . Now I’m not suggesting he didn’t deserve some of the flack he’s been subject to but he is a free man and deserve a chance to move on . 
I think he would be a great signing !

The guy was not a convicted criminal because the evidence was. It good enough . A civil action is totally different he ultimately paid some cash to end the thing . Now I’m not suggesting he didn’t deserve some of the flack he’s been subject to but he is a free man and deserve a chance to move on . 
I think he would be a great signing !

I’m not taking sides here. However he was convicted in a civil action and ordered to pay £100k damages. I believe he sold his family home as a consequence.
He’s a great player but would do nothing for our clubs reputation, so whether anyone thinks he’s paid his dues or otherwise, he would tarnish an already damaged club so not the appropriate action for a new board planning a fresh start….

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Interesting how the bleeding heart lefty brigade are all up in arms against someone who was never convicted in a criminal court.

Would have thought that you would be prepared to show some mercy towards someone who has been punished and kept himself out of trouble over a good number of years.

Ah well, there you go!

I'd rather have a bleeding heart than no heart at all.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

Watched your new Manager’s interview on Falkirk TV and have to say that I was very impressed with the way he handled himself. He talked very sensibly and didn’t trot out all the usual footballing cliches which invariably add up to the square root of zero. 

I think Kenny Miller is a good appointment on paper and should be a successful foil for the new Manager.

I will be looking at a price for Falkirk to go up. Think you may be on the right track now.

Ah well, there you go!

Quite funny how being a decent person is being a lefty. What a condemnation of those on the Right.

I know I’ve joked about this in the past but if we signed Goodwillie I genuinely would be looking at tattoo removal. The fact it’s a right wing tory Fanny and a member of his family calling for it just reinforces how nonsensical it is. 

Ah well, there you go!
hE wAs NeVeR cOnVicTeD iN a CrImInAl CoUrT tHO!!!#@

Neither was Jimmy Savile you utter melt.

Take your attention seeking shite to the Clyde thread where it belongs.