The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
52 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Just cancelled my subscription a few weeks after joining the supporters society on the basis that Holt isn't going away I simply cannot pledge money while that p***k is still in a job.  Good interview by Rennie but I took from it that he's another puppet for Holt but is more up to the "model" that should bring success. How anyone can trust ginge after he's been an absolute disaster since he walked in the door is anyone's guess. I wish Rennie and Miller every success they will need it. I thought I saw a pic of Wilson in background during some of the snaps on the club FB page today at training, I'm surprised Rennie wasn't rolling about pissing himself watching his pathetic efforts at trying to be a footballer. 

Not how I viewed it.

Rennie and Miller in total control of the first team and who comes in and goes out 

Just watched the interview and like everyone else I took 2 things from it.
1. Rennie comes across really well and really hope he does a good job. 
2. Sounds very much like Holt is staying. If that does prove to be the case it’s very disappointing. 

The Navy Blue in August - “We’ll invest money but we demand the removal of Gary Holt.”
The Navy Blue + Friends in December - “Let’s all pull together. Holt is working hard behind the scenes”. 

All fart and no jobby. 

Guest Back Post Misses
Just now, JulioBairn said:

Just watched the interview and like everyone else I took 2 things from it.
1. Rennie comes across really well and really hope he does a good job. 
2. Sounds very much like Holt is staying. If that does prove to be the case it’s very disappointing. 

The Navy Blue in August - “We’ll invest money but we demand the removal of Gary Holt.”
The Navy Blue + Friends in December - “Let’s all pull together. Holt is working hard behind the scenes”. 

All fart and no jobby. 

Not true. The NB were prepared to invest with Holt there. 

Guest Ecosse83

Yep I have to agree I got the impression it will be the management team that picks the players and Holt will be doing the donkey work to get them signed although Holt will probably still recommend players to them. 

Personally I’d have preferred him gone so it’s a clean sweep but willing to accept the new board’s judgement as I do think he would have been away by now if they really wanted him gone! 

Edited by Ecosse83

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not true. The NB were prepared to invest with Holt there. 

What are the Patrons groups view on Holt then? Do you think he is providing value to the club?

From the outside looking in, it is absolutely disheartening to see nothing to suggest his days are numbered.

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not how I viewed it.

Rennie and Miller in total control of the first team and who comes in and goes out 

You think? Sounds like Rennie's remit is to try and polish some turds, and given they are only here till end of the season if it doesn't work they will be offski. Any January short term signings will be here to fight fire I think. I think the ethos is to keep us in the division not promotion. 

Guest Back Post Misses
16 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

You think? Sounds like Rennie's remit is to try and polish some turds, and given they are only here till end of the season if it doesn't work they will be offski. Any January short term signings will be here to fight fire I think. I think the ethos is to keep us in the division not promotion. 

That’s how I took it - yes. 

23 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

What are the Patrons groups view on Holt then? Do you think he is providing value to the club?

From the outside looking in, it is absolutely disheartening to see nothing to suggest his days are numbered.

The patrons group have elected two members to represent them on the BOD and will let them get on with the job, personal individual views on every single issue are irrelevant. They two guys in place are trusted to make decisions best for the club.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Guest Back Post Misses
21 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I can’t talk for the Patrons as I do not know all their views. Personally I would like him gone.  
Nothing Rennie said gave me the impression other that he and Kenny Miller are 100% in control of everything first team related. 

Having Kenny Miller onboard might actually help bring either a decent striker to us or bring out the best in who we have. Perhaps too much of a stretch for Jaime Wilson (who looks to me older than Miller).

Really curious what our new coach has made of what he’s seen. 

If Holt is going to stay, then the only involvement in contracting players should involve pressing a button on the photo copier, or putting the paperwork through a stapler.

Cautiously optimistic that we may actually see a team putting in that extra 10% on Saturday, which will take us up to 10% total effort.

So we’ve still got Holt in charge of dishing out contracts to new signings. The same Gary Holt that gave Ben Hall a 2 year deal, Jaime Wilson a 2 year deal, Steven Hetherington a 2 year deal, his own dipshit son a 2 year deal, Craig McGuffie a 2 year deal and Brad McKay a fucking 3 year deal. And we’ve genuinely got fans that don’t appear concerned or bothered he’s still in position? He’s an absolute fucking p***k. And clearly humming at his job.

Fucking sick of this club any time there’s a remote possibility of some positivity we always do something to f**k it right up.

5 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

Having Kenny Miller onboard might actually help bring either a decent striker to us or bring out the best in who we have. Perhaps too much of a stretch for Jaime Wilson (who looks to me older than Miller).

Really curious what our new coach has made of what he’s seen. 

If Holt is going to stay, then the only involvement in contracting players should involve pressing a button on the photo copier, or putting the paperwork through a stapler.

Cautiously optimistic that we may actually see a team putting in that extra 10% on Saturday, which will take us up to 10% total effort.

Jesus! If you only want an office boy for the wage he must be on, I will do it for half.

For what it’s worth I thought Rennie gave a good insight to his past history and his affiliation to FFC.

I’m interested to see how he and Holt work together and that may the issue moving forward. I think that could be the straw that forces change one way or another. I think Rennie would struggle to work with someone who is not up to the task considering he was manager and DOF combined in previous roles.

I also think credit must be given to Lewis at FTV. I think he asked the most pertinent questions, well done!