The Falkirk FC Thread

The hypocrisy on here is actually laughable. Some of the same people who wouldn’t buy season tickets or go to games until members of the board were gone are now lambasting fans who are not willing to hand over their cash till they see the change they want. 

Personally, I know nobody of the new board so I’m not just going to back it as if it’s going to be all roses and a roaring success, however, if I believe they are moving in the right direction, then I will be happy to contribute to it. 

1 minute ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Your being asked to show a bit of faith, support the club and give a tenner a month.

A tenner!

Your not taking on a 2nd mortgage.

Missing the point again, if 2000 of us sign up, would you be happy with holt calling the shots on how all that money is used on recruitment and contracts? I have no idea if he will be in charge of that or if he won't, he has been involved in this already since coming in which has been a disaster. Surely some assurances that this won't happen again are deserved? 

5 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Missing the point again, if 2000 of us sign up, would you be happy with holt calling the shots on how all that money is used on recruitment and contracts? I have no idea if he will be in charge of that or if he won't, he has been involved in this already since coming in which has been a disaster. Surely some assurances that this won't happen again are deserved? 

Politely, I think your missing the point, if 2000 members sign up and a majority wish to elect representatives that indicate they’ll push to remove Gary Holt then that’s exactly what will happen. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

30 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Less than two weeks ago, the number one concern re where it was all going wrong at our club was Gary Holt.
Now that new members have formed a new board there are posters on here almost trying to bully others into contributing despite the fact that many of us as yet know little or nothing of these new members nor their future plans as yet. However it remains a very valid concern that not only is Gary Holt still there, we still don’t know who it is who will actually be spending our contribution.
For those of you that have decided to contribute, good on you.
However, for those of us who want to remain cautious for a little longer, please leave us to make our own decisions.
It’s up to the board to show us that the money will be well spent and so far it’s still an open question…..

This.

Here are my issues with Holt:

1)      All he had to do was get us 2 points to get into the play offs last season and he failed miserably – 2 points!

2)      He was responsible for signing a lot of our current team who are performing poorly on the pitch.

3)      He is culpable for recruiting Paul Sheerin as our Head Coach – enough said.

It is obvious to a blind man that Holt is the main reason that we are in the state that we are in.

So, when the new board members came onboard, while I am aware that they aren’t the Navy Blue Group, I really thought that one of their very first actions would be to sack Holt. The fact that he is still here concerns me greatly. Therefore, to repeat myself, until the Board gains my confidence by ditching Holt, I’ll hold fire on opening up my wallet. I need to know that they can see what so many of us can see.

5 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

You are missing the point, 2000 people gives us more leverage to get what the majority of fans want.

Holt has f**k all to do this and making decisions on the value of individuals in the employ of the club is bonkers.

15 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

This.

Here are my issues with Holt:

1)      All he had to do was get us 2 points to get into the play offs last season and he failed miserably – 2 points!

2)      He was responsible for signing a lot of our current team who are performing poorly on the pitch.

3)      He is culpable for recruiting Paul Sheerin as our Head Coach – enough said.

It is obvious to a blind man that Holt is the main reason that we are in the state that we are in.

So, when the new board members came onboard, while I am aware that they aren’t the Navy Blue Group, I really thought that one of their very first actions would be to sack Holt. The fact that he is still here concerns me greatly. Therefore, to repeat myself, until the Board gains my confidence by ditching Holt, I’ll hold fire on opening up my wallet. I need to know that they can see what so many of us can see.

I don’t see the relevance of the new BOD to the FSS as a fans group? It’s the idea of fan ownership and democratic decision making I signed up for, for me it bares no relationship to who may or may not be sitting in the BOD or employed by the club at present.  Setting up a supporters trust is a way to give us as fans power over the very decisions you mention however it only works if fans actually bother to sign up. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I don’t see the relevance of the new BOD to the FSS as a fans group? It’s the idea of fan ownership and democratic decision making I signed up for, for me it bares no relationship to who may or may not be sitting in the BOD or employed by the club at present.  

With the moving on of Gary Deans and other board members this was supposed to be seen as a new beginning with all of us pulling in the same direction. I am seeing no sign of that yet. What you say re: the FSS and making things happen is all jam tomorrow. I want to see some changes now to show me that we are indeed all pulling in the same direction and to give me the confidence to sign up.

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

With the moving on of Gary Deans and other board members this was supposed to be seen as a new beginning with all of us pulling in the same direction. I am seeing no sign of that yet. What you say re: the FSS and making things happen is all jam tomorrow. I want to see some changes now to show me that we are indeed all pulling in the same direction and to give me the confidence to sign up.

How are the FSS expected to make any real change or have proper influence if it has no members tho?! Chicken and egg thing here, very frustration some can’t see that 

18 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Politely, I think your missing the point, if 2000 members sign up and a majority wish to elect representatives that indicate they’ll push to remove Gary Holt then that’s exactly what will happen. 

I don't think there needs to be 2000 FSS members for the new board members to understand that Holt needs to go.  if they haven;t got the message by now then they never will.  

21 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I don't think there needs to be 2000 FSS members for the new board members to understand that Holt needs to go.  if they haven;t got the message by now then they never will.  

Again, what do the current BOD have to do with the setting up of the FSS. The point of setting up a fans group is to relay and push our views within the club, it can’t do that if it doesn’t have any fans/members signed up. The bigger the membership the bigger the influence. Setting up a supporters trust is a way to give us as fans power over the very decisions you mention (I.e.Holt) however it only works if fans actually bother to sign up. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree with you that Holt should be gone, in fact I would have probably punted him, if not before then at the same time as Sheerin. I’m pinning my hopes on the board are presently looking at avenues to get shot of him but it’s maybe proving a bit more difficult than getting rid of Sheerin or it’s maybe going to be expensive. The board member I had the meeting with that you are aware of went to lengths to assure me that Holt had very little to do with Sheerins signings apart from the four on pre- contracts before Sheerin came in. He said Sheerin identified the players he wanted and Holt done the contract negotiations. I don’t however think this is true as Holt told us at the q&a that he had identified 14 strikers he wanted to sign who he failed to get so that suggests he has been involved in players coming in.

I think we have to give the new board time to change things and so far there has been better communication in the short time they have been in. Hopefully very soon we will all be onboard with what they are trying to do and the club can start to move in the right direction and fingers crossed it doesn’t involve Holt.

Imagine weighing up your options and starting contract negotiations with Falkirk only to find you're dealing with an arrogant idiot who thinks they know everything.  First impressions count.  He's toxic regardless of his 'role' and needs to go.  

Just now, LatapyBairn. said:

Again, what do the current BOD have to do with the setting up of the FSS. The point of setting up a fans group is to rely and push our views within the club, it can’t do that if it doesn’t have any fans/members signed up. The bigger the membership the bigger the influence 

Thats not the 3 legged stool model.  

FSS already have 2 board members so have equal say alongside the patrons and the other patrons.  Was there a clause written into the board terms of reference that says the other 4 don't have to listen to the FSS unless they have 2000 members? 

This is one of the reasons some businesses fail because there is no consensus. Everyone has different views and different ideas. Things start to fall apart when different factions continually disagree. So it’s important to get behind what the fans group is trying to achieve. The out going BOD have been castigated for their actions over the past number of years and you’d probably find out that they were squabbling over decisions to find the best fit. We are beginning to see on here why things fall apart so easily.
I’m with the ‘we’re all this together’ camp whether Holt stays or goes. There will always be people who are not happy with decisions, directions but we need to pull together for the greater good…it’s called democracy!

Again, what do the current BOD have to do with the setting up of the FSS. The point of setting up a fans group is to rely and push our views within the club, it can’t do that if it doesn’t have any fans/members signed up. The bigger the membership the bigger the influence. Setting up a supporters trust is a way to give us as fans power over the very decisions you mention (I.e.Holt) however it only works if fans actually bother to sign up. 

Is the FSS pushing or planning to push money into the club, and will they be pushing more money their way if more of us contribute?
If the answer to that is yes, there’s your answer….

Imagine weighing up your options and starting contract negotiations with Falkirk only to find you're dealing with an arrogant idiot who thinks they know everything.  First impressions count.  He's toxic regardless of his 'role' and needs to go.  

You’ll get no argument from me with regards to Holt, as previously stated I’d have got shot of him early doors. I withheld my ST money, which I’ve now renewed and I’ve joined the FSS but if fans don’t want to until Holt or anyone else is gone then that’s entirely up to the individual.

1 minute ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Thats not the 3 legged stool model.  

FSS already have 2 board members so have equal say alongside the patrons and the other patrons.  Was there a clause written into the board terms of reference that says the other 4 don't have to listen to the FSS unless they have 2000 members? 

The two temporary guys have been fast tracked into the board, I don’t think it’ll be properly democratic until the elections in March, nor will it be on paper until the FSS achieves its goal of 26%. Also until the FSS has at least a 20% shareholding it is actually possible(very unlikely any of the new blood within the club at present would commit such suicide) for the two directors to be removed. A 10% shareholding guarantees a board seat, the FSS needs to play its part and become a full partner here by actual owning a part of the club and not just being given a voice as a gesture.  

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Is the FSS pushing or planning to push money into the club, and will they be pushing more money their way if more of us contribute?
If the answer to that is yes, there’s your answer….

I don’t think anything is set in stone, we have no idea who may stand in these elections come March and what there views may be. Although I’d suggest before the FSS can start having proper influence it needs to buy and secure it’s shareholding in the club to equal the patrons group and the Rawlins. It can’t do that without members 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

3 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The two temporary guys have been fast tracked into the board, I don’t think it’ll be properly democratic until the elections in March, nor will it be on paper until the FSS achieves its goal of 26%. Also until the FSS has at least a 20% shareholding it is actually possible(very unlikely any of the new blood within the club at present would commit such suicide) for the two directors to be removed. A 10% shareholding guarantees a board seat, the FSS needs to play its part and become a full partner here by actual owning a part of the club and not just being given a voice as a gesture.  

Thanks, I didn't know that - this should be all over the FSS literature that we need to hit a certain % to encourage others to sign up. 

Its a much stronger argument to say we need sign ups to hit a certain % for the 2 board spots to be meaningful.