The Falkirk FC Thread

For once Harry, you and I are in disagreement, I just can’t see myself putting money into the club while Holt is there to piss it up a wall. He needs to go first. By the way, I am absolutely delighted that your 2 friends at work feel the same way as myself: sometimes on here you think that you are in a tiny bubble and that it is only a small few who take the time to post on P&B who share these views – it is great that there are others out in the real world who think the same.
Re: Holt, how can the board possibly feel that “for whatever reason they can’t get rid of Holt”? What reasons would there be? No man is bigger than the club, especially one as toxic as Holt. If they also therefore do as you suggest and “make sure that he has zero to do with the first team, January signings are players Rennie wants and he never attends any future meetings with the fans” then surely we are just wasting his wage keeping him on? He would basically be on gardening leave and a drain on the club’s resources.
In [mention=80154]LatapyBairn.[/mention]'s post he mentioned about a large FSS membership having greater influence on any decisions made by the board come the elections in March – the thought of Holt still being at the club until March makes me boak.
Once Holt is gone I’ll part with my hard earned.

I agree with you that Holt should be gone, in fact I would have probably punted him, if not before then at the same time as Sheerin. I’m pinning my hopes on the board are presently looking at avenues to get shot of him but it’s maybe proving a bit more difficult than getting rid of Sheerin or it’s maybe going to be expensive. The board member I had the meeting with that you are aware of went to lengths to assure me that Holt had very little to do with Sheerins signings apart from the four on pre- contracts before Sheerin came in. He said Sheerin identified the players he wanted and Holt done the contract negotiations. I don’t however think this is true as Holt told us at the q&a that he had identified 14 strikers he wanted to sign who he failed to get so that suggests he has been involved in players coming in.

I think we have to give the new board time to change things and so far there has been better communication in the short time they have been in. Hopefully very soon we will all be onboard with what they are trying to do and the club can start to move in the right direction and fingers crossed it doesn’t involve Holt.

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

For once Harry, you and I are in disagreement, I just can’t see myself putting money into the club while Holt is there to piss it up a wall. He needs to go first. By the way, I am absolutely delighted that your 2 friends at work feel the same way as myself: sometimes on here you think that you are in a tiny bubble and that it is only a small few who take the time to post on P&B who share these views – it is great that there are others out in the real world who think the same.

Re: Holt, how can the board possibly feel that “for whatever reason they can’t get rid of Holt”? What reasons would there be? No man is bigger than the club, especially one as toxic as Holt. If they also therefore do as you suggest and “make sure that he has zero to do with the first team, January signings are players Rennie wants and he never attends any future meetings with the fans” then surely we are just wasting his wage keeping him on? He would basically be on gardening leave and a drain on the club’s resources.

In @LatapyBairn.'s post he mentioned about a large FSS membership having greater influence on any decisions made by the board come the elections in March – the thought of Holt still being at the club until March makes me boak.

Once Holt is gone I’ll part with my hard earned.

I more or less share your view regarding Holt but I just don’t get how you think not joining the FSS helps achieve your goal of him being removed? Surely the best way to get rid would be join and then elect members to the BOD that feel the same and will act accordingly? The FSS is a fan group, a separate entity to the club that will hopefully in time own a large shareholding in our club therefore having the power to take/influence big decisions and also have the cash to help finance them but that only happens if we have enough members subscribing. The smaller the membership the smaller the level of influence fans have, the larger the membership collectively the more influence and sway the fans group will have. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Anyone basing their subscription to FSS because Holt will clearly look for any excuse not to join.

you cannot base your decision to join FSS “on here today, gone tomorrow” players, managers, directors. You are taking part in fan ownership- guess what? They’ll make mistakes too.

Not joining because of Holt is like not joining because Morrison is still taking penalties or the pies being cold.

5 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I more or less share your view regarding Holt but I just don’t get how not joining the FSS helps achieve your goal of him being removed. Surely the best way to get rid would be join and then elect members to the BOD that feel the same and will act accordingly? 

These idiots will look for any excuse not to join…… and are the type of people to resign membership after a .bad result or a player refused a selfie with one of their weans.

Forget about getting folk like this to join.

aM nO jOInINg cAuSE Of hOLt  = connoisseur of crayons. 

28 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

These idiots will look for any excuse not to join…… and are the type of people to resign membership after a .bad result or a player refused a selfie with one of their weans.

Forget about getting folk like this to join.

aM nO jOInINg cAuSE Of hOLt  = connoisseur of crayons. 

Surely 'these idiots' have a right to know who will be in charge of their money before parting with it? Rather than just blindly pump money into something without knowing where its going to end up? 

43 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Not joining because of Holt is like not joining because Morrison is still taking penalties or the pies being cold.

What an awful analogy. Morrison taking penalties or pies being cold does not have anything to do with who spends the money people are parting with. If people are concerned that the money they put in will be used by Holt, then of course that's a reason to hold off until clarified. Awfully early for you to be on the sauce already but I suppose its Christmas.

14 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

What an awful analogy. Morrison taking penalties or pies being cold does not have anything to do with who spends the money people are parting with. If people are concerned that the money they put in will be used by Holt, then of course that's a reason to hold off until clarified. Awfully early for you to be on the sauce already but I suppose its Christmas.

Quite enjoyed the "= connoisseur of crayons" though.

7 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Firstly Holt appears to be a waste of a wage and a bit of an arse with it.

To refuse to sign up to a very modest monthly contribution  because of him is a nonsense in my opinion.

He has become a pantomime baddie in this with his importance to the future of the club being greatly exaggerated, in fact I would expect him to be moved on once the new management get their feet under the table.

The club will always, on occasion, make decisions that contributors will be unhappy with that is the reality of running a football club.

Either get on board or don’t but making one individual who’s time at the club is probably coming to an end your reason for holding back is a petty gesture.

I think it will take time for trust to develop. I was adamant that I would hold off until Holt was binned but have been swayed to believe that a new manager starting needs all the money he can get OUR club is in the worst state it has been in 50 years and only fan power can drag it out. No point in getting angry on our devices we need to join forces and show in numbers that Holt has no place with us

26 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Firstly Holt appears to be a waste of a wage and a bit of an arse with it.

To refuse to sign up to a very modest monthly contribution  because of him is a nonsense in my opinion.

He has become a pantomime baddie in this with his importance to the future of the club being greatly exaggerated, in fact I would expect him to be moved on once the new management get their feet under the table.

The club will always, on occasion, make decisions that contributors will be unhappy with that is the reality of running a football club.

Either get on board or don’t but making one individual who’s time at the club is probably coming to an end your reason for holding back is a petty gesture.

You are missing the point entirely. The reason people may be holding off isn't because they don't like an individual, it's because of the concern that said indivual may have say over where the money is actually spent. There is a direct link. Nothing petty about it. 

58 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Surely 'these idiots' have a right to know who will be in charge of their money before parting with it? Rather than just blindly pump money into something without knowing where its going to end up? 

They have the right to elect members or indeed stand for election themselves to the BOD who will make decisions on how the clubs money is spent on they’re behalf. I don’t get the logic behind not joining due to Gary Holts being employed, if I felt that strongly regarding Holt I’d be wanting as many like minded fans to join the FSS for that very reason and make they’re feelings known, the whole point in a fans group like the FSS is strength in numbers so issues like this (amongst others) are forced and represented giving us fans a proper voice. I am starting to think some people my be using this Gary Holt thing as an excuse, the argument is a bit flimsy at best. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

4 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

You are missing the point entirely. The reason people may be holding off isn't because they don't like an individual, it's because of the concern that said indivual may have say over where the money is actually spent. There is a direct link. Nothing petty about it. 

I think given the record said individual has had up until now even with him trying to fault Sheerin for some of the signings its still not good enough (our league position highlights that as well as record) and any say so he has on players is going be met with "aye right" especially after signing his laddie.

Edited by AL-FFC

43 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

How do you know the next person in charge of spending isn’t worse than Holt? You have no guarantee they won’t and if they are would you cancel your membership?

Whoever is spending the cash, signing players, taking the penalties or heating the pies - Is all totally irrelevant with regard to joining FSS. You are joining so club is run more democratically - that is it. 

12 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I suggest you re read my post.

Less than two weeks ago, the number one concern re where it was all going wrong at our club was Gary Holt.
Now that new members have formed a new board there are posters on here almost trying to bully others into contributing despite the fact that many of us as yet know little or nothing of these new members nor their future plans as yet. However it remains a very valid concern that not only is Gary Holt still there, we still don’t know who it is who will actually be spending our contribution.
For those of you that have decided to contribute, good on you.
However, for those of us who want to remain cautious for a little longer, please leave us to make our own decisions.
It’s up to the board to show us that the money will be well spent and so far it’s still an open question…..

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Less than two weeks ago, the number one concern re where it was all going wrong at our club was Gary Holt.
Now that new members have formed a new board there are posters on here almost trying to bully others into contributing despite the fact that many of us as yet know little or nothing of these new members nor their future plans as yet. However it remains a very valid concern that not only is Gary Holt still there, we still don’t know who it is who will actually be spending our contribution.
For those of you that have decided to contribute, good on you.
However, for those of us who want to remain cautious for a little longer, please leave us to make our own decisions.
It’s up to the board to show us that the money will be well spent and so far it’s still an open question…..

Your being asked to show a bit of faith, support the club and give a tenner a month.

A tenner!

Your not taking on a 2nd mortgage.

Your being asked to show a bit of faith, support the club and give a tenner a month.
A tenner!
Your not taking on a 2nd mortgage.

You really don’t understand at all do you?
It’s nothing to do with the amount and everything to do with wanting to know I am making a valued contribution…