The Falkirk FC Thread

On 11/12/2021 at 22:20, BudBairn said:

Pretty much Grainger didnt give a f**k about today. So probably did the bare minimum. Going by his press conferences and attitude.

Doesn’t condone the players performance mind you.

I still think we have a Skelton of a team that can be motivated to get 4th place.

But maybe i am just clutching at straws.

image.jpeg.bdadb4b9bfa5be1650e8a8044a198c39.jpeg

Edited by Cardle is Magic

Guest Caractacus Potts
6 hours ago, TxRover said:

How’s the plastic pitch doing? Saw a story that said Rennie left the Indy Eleven after repeated disagreements about the pitch conditions. Seems he was complaining the surface was aging poorly (eight to ten years old), and “too bouncy” for the style of football he preferred the team to play.

Judging by you lots take on the play quality this year, if Rennie has watched all the matches, it might explain why he hasn’t been seen, probably still vomiting. Potentially a brilliant appointment though!

They mentioned it being under review at the first Q and A in the Summer but nothing said about it since. Probably just another bit of bluff and bluster by the old board. 

Time for money Where your mouth is folks. Encouraged by assurances that Holt will no longer have any say in first team matters ( what he does in his 90 hours a week beats me! ) If we REALLY want happy Saturdays back we need to get our tenners in and quick. Perhaps this could be our Xmas presents to FFC

I have a feeling Holt is going nowhere just now but will be interesting to see how he interacts with Rennie. It’s going to be strange if Holt stays and as Rennie is the experienced manager working under the trainee DOF who is still cutting his teeth. Could only happen at FFC…

Interesting times ahead, maybe the club will redesign Holt’s role as I’d be surprised if Rennie was willing to take orders from him? We need to stop blurring the lines!

I have no idea what the future holds for Holt. If his job is to provide Rennie with the type of player he wants, then that kind of sounds like the job of a scout. If it’s to negotiate contracts, that’s what you would expect of a CEO. Registering players and make sure everything is legal and above board would be the job of the club secretary.

None of it seems clear at this point in time.

1 hour ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Time for money Where your mouth is folks. Encouraged by assurances that Holt will no longer have any say in first team matters ( what he does in his 90 hours a week beats me! ) If we REALLY want happy Saturdays back we need to get our tenners in and quick. Perhaps this could be our Xmas presents to FFC

Na the only reassurance is when Holt goes never to return, until then a lot of wallets will remain firmly closed. 

6 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Na the only reassurance is when Holt goes never to return, until then a lot of wallets will remain firmly closed. 

If that’s the majority view wouldn’t it make more sense to sign up now and actually have a vote come the elections in March? Surely that’s the only way we can get like minded people into the two director positions as opposed to merely shouting from the outside. The way I see it if fans don’t sign up to the FSS and give the body clout/influence the less likelihood of change there is, the more members and money the FSS have directly translates into a larger shareholding in the club therefore the more influence the group will have over decision making. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

If that’s the majority view wouldn’t it make more sense to sign up now and actually have a vote come the elections in March? Surely that’s the only way we can get like minded people into the two director positions as opposed to merely shouting from the outside. The way I see it if fans don’t sign up to the FSS and give the body clout/influence the less likelihood of change there is, the more members and money the FSS have directly translates into a larger shareholding in the club therefore the more influence the group will have over decision making. 

I tried to get this view over to the couple of Falkirk fans at my work who aren’t parting with their cash until Holt is gone and they were having none of it. I think if the board feel that for whatever reason they can’t get rid of Holt then they need to make sure he has zero to do with the first team, January signings are players Rennie wants and he never ever attends any future meetings with the fans. He is definitely a character the majority of our support have no time for.

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

That's pretty much my views as well. I can't see many positives in Holt's involvement with the club and it comes across as another stupid idea in the same mould as closing the academy to concentrate on the first team.

Myself and a mate of mine have signed up to the FSS and I reckon I've convinced a couple more to do so last week.

59 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I tried to get this view over to the couple of Falkirk fans at my work who aren’t parting with their cash until Holt is gone and they were having none of it. I think if the board feel that for whatever reason they can’t get rid of Holt then they need to make sure he has zero to do with the first team, January signings are players Rennie wants and he never ever attends any future meetings with the fans. He is definitely a character the majority of our support have no time for.

For once Harry, you and I are in disagreement, I just can’t see myself putting money into the club while Holt is there to piss it up a wall. He needs to go first. By the way, I am absolutely delighted that your 2 friends at work feel the same way as myself: sometimes on here you think that you are in a tiny bubble and that it is only a small few who take the time to post on P&B who share these views – it is great that there are others out in the real world who think the same.

Re: Holt, how can the board possibly feel that “for whatever reason they can’t get rid of Holt”? What reasons would there be? No man is bigger than the club, especially one as toxic as Holt. If they also therefore do as you suggest and “make sure that he has zero to do with the first team, January signings are players Rennie wants and he never attends any future meetings with the fans” then surely we are just wasting his wage keeping him on? He would basically be on gardening leave and a drain on the club’s resources.

In @LatapyBairn.'s post he mentioned about a large FSS membership having greater influence on any decisions made by the board come the elections in March – the thought of Holt still being at the club until March makes me boak.

Once Holt is gone I’ll part with my hard earned.

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

... I just can’t see myself putting money into the club while Holt is there to piss it up a wall. ...

He can't do that on his own though, so by association the new board & Rennie are also going to "piss it up a wall". 

It does seem like a flimsy excuse not to invest.