The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Could be a lot of pish re Hetherington but Rennie has maybe been watching some games on FFC TV and could have some knowledge of the players.

Can’t give specifics on how many games Rennie has watched, but apparently he has been watching Falkirk games for “months and months”, and on the Zoom call, he knew who was who on the park.

It seems he (Rennie) is keen to get a foothold in the U.K. game, and if successful in his six month stint, he would be happy to stay on for two or three years, and again, if a rip roaring success, he would seek to move on to a bigger pay day for himself. Not much wrong with that.

If Rennie has determined in his FTV streaming that the team has no spine and no leaders, then he is seeing what Paul Sheerin  failed to see in the entirety of the season.

Dont think I particularly want to hear directors opinions on players tbh. Not when we have the stewards of the club standing up one after another slagging off former players, then telling us former players raising their game every week against us is part of why we get pumped every week.........

As for Goodwillie, I would hope a fan brought it up and the directors politely nodded along before filing said query in the bin.

4 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Could be a lot of pish re Hetherington but Rennie has maybe been watching some games on FFC TV and could have some knowledge of the players.

I’d say it’s reasonable to assume that he has now seen every minute of every game this season.

If we're all supposed to be moving forward as one I don't see how they could ever sign goodwillie. Something that you may have got away with 30 year ago but definitely not now.  Apart from the male fans who think it's a shocking idea the high number of female fans and kids these days would be leaving in droves straight away quite rightly.

Ideal situation would be Rennie getting off to a flier so that we could extend his contract before the end of the season.  Don't want to give the players the excuse of him being off at the end of the season as a reason not to bother their arse like Houston's last season.

I had no confidence at all in Sheerin when he was announced as our head coach, I will put my neck on the line and say that I have no such reservations about Rennie and I think that he will do fine. He has coached in both the USA and South Korea, who are currently ranked # 12 and #33 respectively in the FIFA rankings, while Scotland are down in 38th place. So it is not as if he is taking a step up coming to coach in Scotland.

The only fly in the ointment might be his family relocating to the Falkirk area. Does anybody know if his wife is a Falkirk girl? If that is the case it might not be a problem. If she is American or Canadian, leaving there to come to Scotland might be an issue. Vancouver and Seoul are lovely cities and the campus at Notre Dame University is stunning.Lý do khiến cuộc sống ở vancouver canada được nhiều người yêu thích -  ANAGlobal

SIGNIEL SEOUL, Seoul có Miễn Phí Hủy, Bảng Giá Năm 2021 & Bài Đánh Giá

UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME (#15 NU) - Summit Education

Edited by Bairn in Exile

26 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I had no confidence at all in Sheerin when he was announced as our head coach, I will put my neck on the line and say that I have no such reservations about Rennie and I think that he will do fine. He has coached in both the USA and South Korea, who are currently ranked # 12 and #33 respectively in the FIFA rankings, while Scotland are down in 38th place. So it is not as if he is taking a step up coming to coach in Scotland.

The only fly in the ointment might be his family relocating to the Falkirk area. Does anybody know if his wife is a Falkirk girl? If that is the case it might not be a problem. If she is American or Canadian, leaving there to come to Scotland might be an issue. Vancouver and Seoul are lovely cities and the campus at Notre Dame University is stunning.Lý do khiến cuộc sống ở vancouver canada được nhiều người yêu thích -  ANAGlobal

SIGNIEL SEOUL, Seoul có Miễn Phí Hủy, Bảng Giá Năm 2021 & Bài Đánh Giá

UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME (#15 NU) - Summit Education

I see no Kelpies though

38 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

The only fly in the ointment might be his family relocating to the Falkirk area. Does anybody know if his wife is a Falkirk girl? If that is the case it might not be a problem. If she is American or Canadian, leaving there to come to Scotland might be an issue. Vancouver and Seoul are lovely cities and the campus at Notre Dame University is stunning.

Mate we've got a fucking big wheel

On 14/12/2021 at 00:06, roman_bairn said:

I think this is a really good point. He may well do some really good work behind the scenes that we don’t see but if that’s the case it wasn’t clear from the EGM. The problem for me is we have no real understanding of the remit of the Sporting Director role and if I’m honest, I can’t fathom out why it’s really required at all given that it appears to directly cut across the roles of others.
My main reason for wanting him gone however is really related to how much we plummeted even further after he replaced M and M. The players clearly didn’t respect him enough to try in the slightest, so he’s not the right man for me in a position of influence within the club…..

You're still not going to admit that you're support of Holt was completely wrong 🤣, I think the jury is out on Holt now Roman. Time to move on and realise you've yet again been mistaken in where you place your faith. 

You're still not going to admit that you're support of Holt was completely wrong [emoji1787], I think the jury is out on Holt now Roman. Time to move on and realise you've yet again been mistaken in where you place your faith. 

You really are a bit of an arse.
Go back through my posts and show me where I ever though Holt was the right man for the job?

19 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

He's not a bad 'keeper but he's like a rabbit in the headlights a lot of the time. Don't think he's the most physical of goalkeepers either. Mutch hadn't been great before being dropped, but I think I'd prefer him of the two.

Personally felt Martin could've done better with a fair few of the goals he has lost, same could be said of Mutch which brings me back to what I said way back, I don't think there is much between either of them. I do now think that Mutch has the possibility of having a better one off game but equally has a poor lost goal in him.

I'd have put Mutch back in a few week ago if he was fit too

Personally felt Martin could've done better with a fair few of the goals he has lost, same could be said of Mutch which brings me back to what I said way back, I don't think there is much between either of them. I do now think that Mutch has the possibility of having a better one off game but equally has a poor lost goal in him.
I'd have put Mutch back in a few week ago if he was fit too

I think Martin is a decent shot stopper but I couldn’t help but feel with a few of those many saves against Queens Park that he had a tendency to push the ball out in front of him giving the attack a second chance rather than pushing out for a corner etc.
Definitely something that needs to be worked on….

How’s the plastic pitch doing? Saw a story that said Rennie left the Indy Eleven after repeated disagreements about the pitch conditions. Seems he was complaining the surface was aging poorly (eight to ten years old), and “too bouncy” for the style of football he preferred the team to play.

Judging by you lots take on the play quality this year, if Rennie has watched all the matches, it might explain why he hasn’t been seen, probably still vomiting. Potentially a brilliant appointment though!

46 minutes ago, TxRover said:

How’s the plastic pitch doing? Saw a story that said Rennie left the Indy Eleven after repeated disagreements about the pitch conditions. Seems he was complaining the surface was aging poorly (eight to ten years old), and “too bouncy” for the style of football he preferred the team to play.

Judging by you lots take on the play quality this year, if Rennie has watched all the matches, it might explain why he hasn’t been seen, probably still vomiting. Potentially a brilliant appointment though!

Was put down in June 2013 and was expected to last 8-10 years, so definitely coming to the end of its life. Overall though still seems to play quite well.

Although the yield hasn't been as good as promised (was supposed to pay for itself after 5 years IIRC) I reckon it's saved us a fair bit of cash from lack of postponed matches each winter given our undersoil heating never really worked properly.

59 minutes ago, TxRover said:

One of the issues on that pitch by what i read was that it was uneven as well, which led to the disagreement.

reads that pitch incorrectly installed owners dont want to foot cost for new pitch or adjustments to pitch, manager tells them to poke it

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Was put down in June 2013 and was expected to last 8-10 years, so definitely coming to the end of its life. Overall though still seems to play quite well.

Although the yield hasn't been as good as promised (was supposed to pay for itself after 5 years IIRC) I reckon it's saved us a fair bit of cash from lack of postponed matches each winter given our undersoil heating never really worked properly.

Yea, it seemed acceptable in the recent match, but I know it’s been complained about by some. Thanks.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

One of the issues on that pitch by what i read was that it was uneven as well, which led to the disagreement.

reads that pitch incorrectly installed owners dont want to foot cost for new pitch or adjustments to pitch, manager tells them to poke it

Yea, they called it the “tilted pitch”.

3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I would like to see a more experienced keeper brought in. Feel both Martin and Much are similar and an older keeper working with either of them would be a better option.

The trouble is in the short term there are other areas of the squad which are in desperate need of improving. Something to look into this summer.

The trouble is in the short term there are other areas of the squad which are in desperate need of improving. Something to look into this summer.
I suspect both players would improve dramatically with a competent defence in front of them as well.