The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

On a positive note it's good to hear them talking about improving the spine of the team as it's badly needed. A right sided centre back to play in beside Dixon when he's back fit, two centre midfielders and a striker to play up top with Keena/Ruth or Dowds when he's back. The feedback I'd heard from the meeting was that Rennie already has targets in mind which will hopefully mean Holt has bugger all to do with the selection process.

I have to say just Listened to the podcast shown on this forum- have to say Rennie was impressive ,very impressive,.He was articulate , sensible, intelligent and  clearly a good communicator. He has also tested himself abroad.- all credit to him.Would love to know who found him, as if he becomes successful, every success story has a 000 authors!

As an outsider, but like most EF fans we love our hardworkingX players, it  will be fascinating what happens to Dowds under his leadership. .Dowds is  an equally intelligent guy , giving up a successful career to try FT football.  We loved him, went FT , unfortunately during a pandemic,. He clearly underperformed at Falkirk first season like many others ,  and the most common description of him by the loudest posters on this forum, and their visits to our forum and indeed Arbroath's  , is that he was “ dugshite”.!

Based on his courier interview , he got covid  beginning of the year  and ended up 4th choice under Sheerin having had no game time!Campbell  sprinkles his magic dust after he has been on the subs bench for weeks to get back to full fitness he scores 3 goals in 6 starts( I think) vs the  best teams in the league, Raith, Kilmarnock and Thistle,

His 2 years with us he always scored in the big games against Raith, Morton, Falkirk( old times) and United.

Whilst always came across as a really good, professional guy, he must be wanting to continue to play for  a team that is near promotion to the premiership , where he is supported, rather than go back to being 4th choice to  a team where the fans think he is “dugshite”,

. Love to see how Rennie assesses and manages this- if he agree with the loud, ie he is dugshite,but my sense he will flourish under an intelligent and smart manager. If not, rather than send him back to those PT’ guys he might  get promotion , can you please send him back to his natural home where he is loved and admired for his work rate, effort and talent? 

Guest FFC1965

Lets be optimistic for a bit.  If Rennie does turn things around there will be some of the current squad who will morph into the "he's improved so much its like signing a new player" category.   

Who might they be?  

I can see Nesbitt, Williamson, McCann, Krasniqi, Keena, Lemon & Dowds being capable of turning a  corner.  Whether they do or not is another matter but surely some of them will.    

McKay, Hall, Miller, Ross, McGuffie, Ompreon & Wilson I believe are beyond redemption.

Im assuming that Ruth & McDaid will be returned to parent clubs.    

10 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Presume that means players won’t have trained this week and probably won’t til Thursday.....relegation battle by 5pm Saturday 

They will have trained yesterday & today if today was Graingers last day. They always get a Wednesday off. 

Any truth to any of the chat that David Goodwillie as a potential signing was a hot topic of discussion last night?

If Falkirk sign Goodwillie I will be sending back my half season ticket and won't be at another game home or away until he's gone. I'd probably even struggle after that if it was the same board in place who thought that signing was in any way acceptable.

I'd rather lose every week for ten years than have him playing for the club I support, representing our fanbase and community.

If this isn't someone winding me up and this is even being discussed as an option then I'm losing faith in the new regime already.

The stuff Grainger said about how Sheerin would’ve been a success if he’d been given more time was comical, he should’ve just gone with Sheerin. 

we’re slowly getting rid of the poor ones in our club now, this is the most positive I’ve been about Falkirk for at least a few years. 

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Any truth to any of the chat that David Goodwillie as a potential signing was a hot topic of discussion last night?

If Falkirk sign Goodwillie I will be sending back my half season ticket and won't be at another game home or away until he's gone. I'd probably even struggle after that if it was the same board in place who thought that signing was in any way acceptable.

I'd rather lose every week for ten years than have him playing for the club I support, representing our fanbase and community.

If this isn't someone winding me up and this is even being discussed as an option then I'm losing faith in the new regime already.

Would find it hard to ever go back if it happened. 

2 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

If it is Kenny, wonder if he’s still got enough to play semi regularly, we aren’t awash with strikers. 

Aye, I've already mentioned this. He'll be 42 next week but he's not the sort of guy that would have let himself go, he'll possibly be as fit as some of the players? I'm sure he'd be able to come on later in games and be able to make a difference. Just like Lee Miller, I think it makes perfect sense to have him signed as a player as back-up, can't do any harm.

Heard the Goodwillie chat last night too from some people. I’m not even going to get into it. If he signs he signs if he doesn’t he doesn’t. Also heard that they said Hetherington is not part of future plans. Bit difficult surely considering Rennie hasn’t even met the team yet. 

Could be a lot of pish re Hetherington but Rennie has maybe been watching some games on FFC TV and could have some knowledge of the players.

52 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Heard the Goodwillie chat last night too from some people. I’m not even going to get into it. If he signs he signs if he doesn’t he doesn’t. Also heard that they said Hetherington is not part of future plans. Bit difficult surely considering Rennie hasn’t even met the team yet. 

Why would directors be making decisions about which players aren’t part of the plans? 

5 hours ago, Its not only a game said:

I have to say just Listened to the podcast shown on this forum- have to say Rennie was impressive ,very impressive,.He was articulate , sensible, intelligent and  clearly a good communicator. He has also tested himself abroad.- all credit to him.Would love to know who found him, as if he becomes successful, every success story has a 000 authors!

As an outsider, but like most EF fans we love our hardworkingX players, it  will be fascinating what happens to Dowds under his leadership. .Dowds is  an equally intelligent guy , giving up a successful career to try FT football.  We loved him, went FT , unfortunately during a pandemic,. He clearly underperformed at Falkirk first season like many others ,  and the most common description of him by the loudest posters on this forum, and their visits to our forum and indeed Arbroath's  , is that he was “ dugshite”.!

Based on his courier interview , he got covid  beginning of the year  and ended up 4th choice under Sheerin having had no game time!Campbell  sprinkles his magic dust after he has been on the subs bench for weeks to get back to full fitness he scores 3 goals in 6 starts( I think) vs the  best teams in the league, Raith, Kilmarnock and Thistle,

His 2 years with us he always scored in the big games against Raith, Morton, Falkirk( old times) and United.

Whilst always came across as a really good, professional guy, he must be wanting to continue to play for  a team that is near promotion to the premiership , where he is supported, rather than go back to being 4th choice to  a team where the fans think he is “dugshite”,

. Love to see how Rennie assesses and manages this- if he agree with the loud, ie he is dugshite,but my sense he will flourish under an intelligent and smart manager. If not, rather than send him back to those PT’ guys he might  get promotion , can you please send him back to his natural home where he is loved and admired for his work rate, effort and talent? 

Sheerin didn't give Dowds a chance. We've certainly missed his physicality and endeavour, but ultimately strikers are judged on goals scored, although l seen him as more of a "not very tall" target man. The two  strikers we have at present, are the least physical I've seen at Falkirk for many a year. Opposing centre backs are never under any pressure with these two. 

4 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Don’t know about any of the other tables, but the one I was at was visited by Keith Gourlay, Kenny Jameson, Jaime Swinney, Gordon Wright and David White, and Goodwillie was never a topic in any of the chat, but as I say, other tables may have been different.

4 hours ago, MS RR said:

The stuff Grainger said about how Sheerin would’ve been a success if he’d been given more time was comical, he should’ve just gone with Sheerin. 

we’re slowly getting rid of the poor ones in our club now, this is the most positive I’ve been about Falkirk for at least a few years. 

Aye, the toys were coming out of the pram with Grainger. His constant reference to his friend as “the gaffer” wasn’t the best, but I suppose he was being loyal. As for it all coming right eventually, Sheerin saying the lack of goals wasn’t a difficult thing to fix (so why didn’t he fix it then?), and “we will try to get better but maybe we can’t” are not the quotes and inaction of someone about to fix anything anytime soon. Losing 9 goals in the third tier in two games, and in the process scoring none, is not “we are about to turn a corner” material.