The Falkirk FC Thread

29 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Once the team troop back from Liverpool all covided up that'll put the tin lid on Rennie's chances of a new manager bounce anyway.

That’d be a good thing for us. At least the next game postponed and hopefully some new recruits in before Alloa away!

Who ever at the club decided it is safe to have a drunken night out in Liverpool while we are into what will probably become the worst part of the pandemic so far should be sacked immediately.  The medical advice is not to have christmas parties.    Expect some of the squad coming down with covid within the next 10 days.   F&cking unbelievable.

Guest Back Post Misses
10 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Excuse my ignorance but is the new manager in the Uk and when does he start?

The news at the game yesterday was he arrives on Monday from the US but will have to do PCR test before he can start 

There is absolutely no need for Holt's position. The Head Coach & Youth Coach should be reporting directly to the CEO in Swinney.

Rennie should be identifying targets & Swinney should be doing the number crunching, as the day-to-day MD.

35 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Who ever at the club decided it is safe to have a drunken night out in Liverpool while we are into what will probably become the worst part of the pandemic so far should be sacked immediately.  The medical advice is not to have christmas parties.    Expect some of the squad coming down with covid within the next 10 days.   F&cking unbelievable.

I know you don’t keep too well but to try to stop young fit men from enjoying themselves, however rotten footballers they are, is just crazy.

Its up to yourself and oldies like me to lock themselves away if they wish (I don’t) but please just let everyone else get on with their lives.

5 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I know you don’t keep too well but to try to stop young fit men from enjoying themselves, however rotten footballers they are, is just crazy.

Its up to yourself and oldies like me to lock themselves away if they wish (I don’t) but please just let everyone else get on with their lives.

I respect your position on the whole covid lark however unpopular they are and regardless of beliefs on covid to tell someone to look after themselves and lock him/herself away is a bit of a c*ntish thing to say to anyone it doesn't discriminate on health or age there are still young people that have died of it plus even the fact if they are fit and healthy it still doesn't stop them spreading it ffs.

30 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Citation please

From the BBC news website:  Please note, the figures below are just for England, Scotland's figures will likely be similar ratios scaled for the lower population,

What are the scenarios?

In the most optimistic scenario, which assumes Omicron has low immune escape and booster jabs are highly effective, the model projects between 1 December and 30 April in England there will be:

• 20.9 million infections
  • 175,000 hospital admissions
  • 24,700 deaths

In the most pessimistic scenario, which assumes Omicron has high immune escape and booster jabs are less effective, the model projects between 1 December and 30 April in England there will be:

• 34.2 million infections
  • 492,000 hospital admissions
  • 74,900 deaths

There is my source.  Science tends to be accurate.  Opinions (including mine, including yours) tend not to be.  Go by your own opinion if you want.  It's people who do that who are prolonging / making worse the situation.
  •  
Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

Ruth & Mcdaid shouldn't be too difficult given they are only on loan. Krasniqi shouldn't really be in there given we've never had a chance to get a proper look at him on the park. Dixon's our best centre back at the club and I'd also have him as captain so I have no idea why you have him in the punt list. Also to say Lemon's edging towards the punt list is just absolute stupidity, he's had one honker of a game playing beside Ben Hall and he's 18 years old. Looks like a right prospect if he gets the development he needs.

Completely disagree with your assessment on MacKenzie Lemon here. He had a great debut away to Airdrie but I think the early red card for us helped him enormously as it went we were just camped in and he could just head, block and clear all game. Any game where he’s had to be in control of the ball, pass the ball, turn with it he’s been absolutely diabolically bad.

I know he’s still 18 and he’s still got plenty time to improve but at the moment he’s a million miles away from behind ready for field team football and in reality should be learning his trade at least 3 or 4 levels below.

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

The new manager hopefully can address the mess Sheerin has left also Holt but Sheerin is who he is taking over from, it won't happen overnight which seems to be the mood for a lot of our fans that it should.

No idea where you are getting this from - certainly not from anyone on here - and couldn't disagree more really. The vast majority of, if not all fans, are well aware of how dire things currently are due to the gross incompetence and mismanagement of so many within the club, some of whom are still hanging around unfortunately. If anyone did still think that this was a quick fix - well, being murdered by QP and swatted aside by Cove Rangers within the space of a week has surely put an end to that. It's clear that one or two inside the club still have their head in the sand, and that the support are far more realistic and understanding about where we are just now. Rennie has a gargantuan task on his hands - we are at such a low ebb, even looking like a team who might be able to win the occasional game against an Airdrie or Montrose would represent a step forward.

This characterisation of Falkirk fans as "wildly impatient" or demanding instant success that one or two on here are still pushing at every opportunity - well, I don't recognise it all tbh, not even vaguely. I think it's complete and utter b******s.

Paddy Martin panics at everything, Ben Hall is shocking, McCann gets no help from Morrison. Where does Nesbitt play? He’s wearing 10 but doesn’t play there. Telfer is the only one who doesn’t hide and can pass a ball and that’s why I’d have him at DM. What does Keena do? He doesn’t hold the ball up or run in behind.

We have zero structure or shape, there are no patterns of play.

Rennie has an enormous job on his hands and he does not have the tools, currently, to do it. 

Edited by Beaver The Bairn