The Falkirk FC Thread

39 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I know it's not the worst thing happening to Falkirk but Luke Holt tweeting "Super Livi 💛 🖤 💛 🖤" is pretty funny. Especially after losing 3-0 to Cove.

I was raging with McCrorie tweeting about Rangers at the time whilst he was shite for us 

At least McCrorie was on loan from Rangers and not signed to a full time contract. 

Been sent these also, fud.

8DAA8D81-FD38-4B52-91EF-BB07E2A5DD6E.jpeg

988691C7-5CBD-4F1F-A39A-BEF43C4C8509.jpeg

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’ve signed up to the FSS but if Holt gets anywhere near my money to spend on players in January I’ll be well pissed off. This shower makes Hartleys Brentford experiment look good. Holt should never get anywhere near signing players for us again as he has well and truly made a Harry Hunt of it.

Your FSS money isn't going to buying players in January it's going to accumulate more shares for the group and therefore create more of a say in the club for us fans. Holt most likely won't be there much longer given everyone knows nobody other than Gary Deans wants him there.

Seriously worrying times. Followed the club for many a year home and away and (privileged at times)to have witnessed the good the bad the ugly.

Today was as low as it gets, as said by many we’ve managed to assemble players, coaches and back room staff that shouldn’t be anywhere near the club.

Huge concerns that unless we have a huge emptying of the imposters and at least four / five new players, the threat of relegation is facing head on.

Dont buy the talk about contracts and pays offs , these can be easily negotiated ( enforced ) if not performing.

Wishing you all the very best Mr Rennie, no pressure sir…….

21 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

At least McCrorie was on loan from Rangers and not signed to a full time contract. 

At least Falkirk are a proper club playing (most of their) 145 years in their home town and not a tawdry franchise.

29 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

He should be kicked out of the club immediately. It seems he has inherited his old man’s complete and utter lack of humility and responsibility. Get him gone. Someone said earlier that to get the support truly on board, Holt needs to be gone asap. Totally agree, and his lad needs to go with him. Unacceptable.

And this isn’t about revenge for the absolutely dire contribution that Gary Holt has made since he managed to get back into the club via Gary Deans, it’s about preventing him from being allowed to serve up any more of it in the days and weeks ahead. 

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Shire were playing on Friday night so I popped round today. I couldn't be bothered waiting to get a ticket at the booking office just to wait in another Q to get in so I used a cash gate at the Grangemouth Road stand as I was just off the bus. Turns out it was the away end. A bit brainless on my part but it won't end the world 🙃

Falkirk worked hard in attack in the 1st half but couldn't defend. 1st goal was a sexy strike but too much room. 2nd was guff defence. 

2nd half was good defence but lousy attack. The 3rd goal was academic but the defence just stood awaiting an offside flag. Lesson: play to the whistle. 

I said on here last month that Falkirk chop and change managers like the Italy rugby team with the position being just as "cursed". Maybe I was a tad cynical but there's a new gaffer coming who moved to Falkirk from Thurso when he was about 10 and been to school here. He knows the town so all the best to him. 

Despite your current form, for what it's worth I'd wager Falkirk will get a win in Methil next Saturday. 

Yep. Andy Thomson is a straight forward deal. We get a proper accountant. We have an FTV commentator. We don’t need two.

The Boardroom of FFC is occupied by the Directors of FFC…..not Directors of a loosely affiliated “Events Company”.
FFC cease to hand out complimentary tickets to all and sundry, and each “freebie” should be sanctioned by the Chairman plus one Director with a strict ceiling on numbers. 

If Andy Thomson wants to come to Falkirk games, he can buy a ticket.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

9 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Yep. Andy Thomson is a straight forward deal. We get a proper accountant. We have an FTV commentator. We don’t need two.

The Boardroom of FFC is occupied by the Directors of FFC…..not Directors of a loosely affiliated “Events Company”.
FFC cease to hand out complimentary tickets to all and sundry, and each “freebie” should be sanctioned by the Chairman plus one Director with a strict ceiling on numbers. 

If Andy Thomson wants to come to Falkirk games, he can buy a ticket.

To be frank I’d be fuming if our chairman and directors were spending time approving tickets while we sit 5th in league 1.

They have far more pressing issues to deal with.

4 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

Was men against boys today, absolutely no height or physicality in our side. 

This.

Note to Martin Rennie: A good big un is better than a good little un. Please don't sign any more small players in the transfer window, have you seen our midfielders?

1126252662_dwarfteam.jpg.966cb0c7e5bb9f9e8a1cad6d20cd72c3.jpg

23 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

To be frank I’d be fuming if our chairman and directors were spending time approving tickets while we sit 5th in league 1.

They have far more pressing issues to deal with.

They might, but if they have 200+ freebies to review, it is an important issue. Livingston don’t give out any, yet last time they visited, they got all that they wanted. It is important, and they make stuff like that important by bringing it under control.

10 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

This.

Note to Martin Rennie: A good big un is better than a good little un. Please don't sign any more small players in the transfer window, have you seen our midfielders?

1126252662_dwarfteam.jpg.966cb0c7e5bb9f9e8a1cad6d20cd72c3.jpg

Be very careful with stuff like this…..

5 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Anything but at least be innovative in what we try.

What worries me about 3 at the back is that the useless mob in a 5 midfield would just expose them.

Playing a sweeper if done correctly (Dixon) could stop us leaking goals. Then you have a platform to build on. Last sweeper we had would have been Purdie if done right its a sound formation.

Rennie will be pragmatic if not so much the promotion playoffs we should be trying for but avoiding the relegation playoffs.

A sweeper!! My God.! Who on earth would play a sweeper in this day and age........apart from you.

You'll be digging up Franz Beckenbauer next.

By the way being innovative isn't going back to do something that's already been done and FYI with the offside rule the way it is most teams play another player IN FRONT of the defence, not behind it.     

The way i see it we have got ourselves in this mess on account of chopping and changing direction.  The current precedent was set by Hartleys duds and paying them off its simple shite player not a problem i'll have a word with Gary get you a gig at Falkirk and if your sh*te they'll pay you off and get a move to another club it might be out the SPFL system but its still a move.  Said player signs gets found out for being sh*te, club wait till Jan window player gets a few k of a pay off and signs for another club. Decent player playing with a load of sh*te they move up the way sh*te player playing with good they go the other direction unfortunately we have more sh*te playing with good.

Oh and it shouldnt take anyone with the brains of Albert Einstein to work out since his (GH) arrival things have gone down hill dramatically on the playing side as well even the visually impaired can see that one.. Get the hangers on and Holt to f*ck nae hangers on trying to justify hanging about like a bad smell. If they are toxic get them to f**k they are part of the problem.

Edited by AL-FFC