The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

I was 11 years old and I was a ball boy at Brockville every game of that season, with the exception of one I missed to go to my cousin's wedding. That season is one of the best memories of my life.

For what’s it’s worth that was a quality Falkirk team. The stadium just didn’t match it 

6 minutes ago, D-Fens Foster said:

You are correct my good sir but it has been a top flight toilet since 86-87. You lot still filling away ends up and down the country ? 🤭

Only because of some very dubious decisions. Should've been bumped when you cheated and shafted your poor  old creditors. 

It's ludicrous that if we were still at brockville and won the championship  at some point now we'd get up no bother. Crazy.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Only because of some very dubious decisions. Should've been bumped when you cheated and shafted your poor  old creditors. 

It's ludicrous that if we were still at brockville and won the championship  at some point now we'd get up no bother. Crazy.

Sorry bud we are an establishment club. Funny handshakes in the boardroom etc 🤝

Was men against boys today, absolutely no height or physicality in our side. The first 20 minutes where the tactical changes seemed to catch Cove out were pretty decent but we were awful aside from that.
Holt has done an incredibly poor job assembling that team, we absolutely cannot allow him to take us into another transfer window. We're supposed to have the biggest budget in the division and it's been absolutely squandered.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

First thing I'd do with this shower of dross is move to 3 at the back. Surely worth an attempt to try and shitfest a few results before January.

Anything but at least be innovative in what we try.

What worries me about 3 at the back is that the useless mob in a 5 midfield would just expose them.

Playing a sweeper if done correctly (Dixon) could stop us leaking goals. Then you have a platform to build on. Last sweeper we had would have been Purdie if done right its a sound formation.

Rennie will be pragmatic if not so much the promotion playoffs we should be trying for but avoiding the relegation playoffs.

7 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Anything but at least be innovative in what we try.

What worries me about 3 at the back is that the useless mob in a 5 midfield would just expose them.

Playing a sweeper if done correctly (Dixon) could stop us leaking goals. Then you have a platform to build on. Last sweeper we had would have been Purdie if done right its a sound formation.

Rennie will be pragmatic if not so much the promotion playoffs we should be trying for but avoiding the relegation playoffs.

Gary Smith I think played sweeper for us on a few occasions.  Managers often turn to 3 at the back when the side is leaking goals.  Is a concern though that we don't have a good enough sitting midfielder to play in the middle of the park.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Gary Smith I think played sweeper for us on a few occasions.  Managers often turn to 3 at the back when the side is leaking goals.  Is a concern though that we don't have a good enough sitting midfielder to play in the middle of the park.

Your right swept up behind Burgess a few times.

Played with Stuart a few times at 5 a sides and some charity games. He said Smith had quick feet and a quick brain and buy a foul if he was in bother. See the challenge coming and make sure the opponent caught him.

Cracking young player that the whinging cheats 11 ruined.

I see from Grainger's post-match comments that "we only had 2 days training". I'm sure there's a perfectly logical explanation as to why, on the back of one of the most embarrassing days in the club's history, a full-time squad trained on only 2 days of the 6 available. I'd love to hear what it is.  

6 minutes ago, AGPar said:

I see from Grainger's post-match comments that "we only had 2 days training". I'm sure there's a perfectly logical explanation as to why, on the back of one of the most embarrassing days in the club's history, a full-time squad trained on only 2 days of the 6 available. I'd love to hear what it is.  

2 days last week is farcical. I'd have had them in tomorrow morning after the last two horrendous performances and f**k up their night out. That's what a real manager would've done. They deserve f**k all .

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I know it's not the worst thing happening to Falkirk but Luke Holt tweeting "Super Livi 💛 🖤 💛 🖤" is pretty funny. Especially after losing 3-0 to Cove.

I was raging with McCrorie tweeting about Rangers at the time whilst he was shite for us 

I know it's not the worst thing happening to Falkirk but Luke Holt tweeting "Super Livi [emoji169] [emoji1665] [emoji169] [emoji1665]" is pretty funny. Especially after losing 3-0 to Cove.

I was raging with McCrorie tweeting about Rangers at the time whilst he was shite for us 

Hopefully he can leave at the same time his father exits the club.

Pretty much Grainger didnt give a f**k about today. So probably did the bare minimum. Going by his press conferences and attitude.

Doesn’t condone the players performance mind you.

I still think we have a Skelton of a team that can be motivated to get 4th place.

But maybe i am just clutching at straws.

12 minutes ago, BudBairn said:

Pretty much Grainger didnt give a f**k about today. So probably did the bare minimum. Going by his press conferences and attitude.

Doesn’t condone the players performance mind you.

I still think we have a Skelton of a team that can be motivated to get 4th place.

But maybe i am just clutching at straws.

You couldn’t motivate some of that rabble with a cattle prod.