The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Walter said:
2 hours ago, spud131 said:
Dowds just scored for Arbroath against Thistle.

Dowds was a real threat throughout the afternoon, gave our centre backs a hell of a time. Why is he on loan to Arbroath?

Sheerin. But tbh he wasn't great with us prior to Sheerin, I never thought I'd say he'll be welcome back in January but maybe he's found the right club in Arbroath. He never looked like scoring with us. Ultimately he's still our player it will be up to Rennie if he likes the look of him, currently he could do a lot worse. 

8 minutes ago, Walter said:
3 hours ago, spud131 said:
Dowds just scored for Arbroath against Thistle.

Dowds was a real threat throughout the afternoon, gave our centre backs a hell of a time. Why is he on loan to Arbroath?

Sheerin/holt obviously didn't fancy him. I'm sure he'll be back in January and given another chance under Rennie.

7 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

That was awful. Just a soulless stadium with the supporters having had enough and being totally fed up. Thought we started ok but faded after the first goal. Second half was just awful. These players don’t give a shit and it’s clear as day. I stuck up for McKay a few weeks ago but he was bloody awful today as was Hall. Paul Watson should be the first singing in January since he’s available. I wish Martin Rennie all the very best because he’ll absolutely need it. Pumped by a team at home who were a wealthy version of Bo’ness United. Sickening.

Guy is stuck with what he has got and cant see anybody of the quality required being interested.

Rennie will put out a formation to get the best out of the shite we have.

Whatever that is goodness knows maybe something different.

Play with a sweeper try to make is difficult to score against and play counter attack. Because one thing is for certain we cannot match any team in the middle of the park. When we try we fail and expose the defense.

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Guy is stuck with what he has got and cant see anybody of the quality required being interested.

Rennie will put out a formation to get the best out of the shite we have.

Whatever that is goodness knows maybe something different.

Play with a sweeper try to make is difficult to score against and play counter attack. Because one thing is for certain we cannot match any team in the middle of the park. When we try we fail and expose the defense.

First thing I'd do with this shower of dross is move to 3 at the back. Surely worth an attempt to try and shitfest a few results before January.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

I wasn't initially trying to defend him, my last sentence went a bit off that track. He can be sacked for all I care, he's certainly not been a net positive in any way shape or form. But to pretend he's been the cause of our current situation or that the downfall sped up with him is simply insane. That cannot be argued in my opinion.

Our downfall started when we kept turning over our entire squad for 3 windows straight or when the academy closed, not at some random point in January when Holt came in and, as many of you seem to insist on, changed f**k all.

f**k off gary 

Guest Ecosse83

This club needs to open their eyes. Jamie Sweeney (thoroughly nice guy btw) seemed shocked that I suggested we were in a relegation scrap. The complacency at that club is unreal. 

Left the game 5 minutes before the end. Surprised I lasted that long. After a promising start the opening goal just floored them. Completely outplayed after that. The players have no confidence and no real fight. Martin Rennie’s objective will surely be simply to avoid relegation. That is the reality of our situation. Can anyone  see this lot winning at Methil next week? Today was the eighth successive home league game that we have failed to score in the first half. The fifth home  league defeat and another two  in Cup ties makes that seven.  League’s second lowest scorers with 20 goals. Absolutely pathetic. As we all know a new squad of higher quality players is again required but where are they going to be found?

Best of luck Martin, you’re going to need it.

20 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

This club needs to open their eyes. Jamie Sweeney (thoroughly nice guy btw) seemed shocked that I suggested we were in a relegation scrap. The complacency at that club is unreal. 

This season has echoes of the one when we went down 😞.

A manager/coach who struggled to get a tune out of his squad of "recommended" signings and us making a pre-Xmas manager/coach change to salvage our promotion aspirations.

As it was a then and is now the new man is inheriting a seemingly unredeemable playing squad where most look like they can't wait to jump ship.

Anyone naïve not to think we couldn't go down at this stage is worrying.

12 minutes ago, D-Fens Foster said:

Remember that time you won the first division but your ground was an utter toilet ? That was funny 

I was 11 years old and I was a ball boy at Brockville every game of that season, with the exception of one I missed to go to my cousin's wedding. That season is one of the best memories of my life.

I’ve signed up to the FSS but if Holt gets anywhere near my money to spend on players in January I’ll be well pissed off. This shower makes Hartleys Brentford experiment look good. Holt should never get anywhere near signing players for us again as he has well and truly made a Harry Hunt of it.