The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Was that the one where McQueen scored a late penalty to pinch an undeserved point for us after Colin McGlashan scored for them?

I'm pretty sure it was but not 100% certain. Wild scenes at the penalty and a sense of relief. Crazy times after the game. I'm sure we got an Elliot's bus window smashed after a Hearts game as well but can't remember when

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

At the Q&A Holt talked passionately about the youth setup so maybe that will be his remit. I’d be ok with that but if he was allowed to sign players in January then we are fucked! 

So where would that leave Fergus? A SD to run the youth system? I doubt it.

1 hour ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Fergus said it was his and he owned it, that was my take on it, @Bainsfordbairn was there as well if I’ve picked that up wrongly.

Yeah, the youth setup is run by IF. What he said at the AGM pretty much reflects a few conversations I've had with him pitch side before games. 

I saw GH helping out with training in the early days but there. are a few other coaches around nowadays so I'd guess his involvement will be minimal now. 

26 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

What happened to Tommy after he left us anyway?

Can't remember who he signed for and he's never popped up as a manager or coach.

We signed Kenny Milne as a replacement but was poor at left back. Turned out better at centre back. Can't remember the circumstances of Tommy's departure regarding his performances in his final season

8 minutes ago, Mevilc Bairn said:

We signed Kenny Milne as a replacement but was poor at left back. Turned out better at centre back. Can't remember the circumstances of Tommy's departure regarding his performances in his final season

Nah we didn't sign Kenny Milne until promotion in 2005.

McQueen left in about 1992 or 93.

11 minutes ago, Mevilc Bairn said:

It was Stuart Munro was it not? Ex Rangers left back who was brutal with us. 

I think Munro was a couple of years later too.

Was it not Forbes Johnston who stepped up into the role?

And by the way that team is amazing! DG obviously trying to get the team pumped into a new all time low before disappearing. Can you imagine Rory McAllister and Mitch Megginson coming up against Hall and McKay, with Miller "protecting" the back four? 😄 Christ almighty.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I think Munro was a couple of years later too.

Was it not Forbes Johnston who stepped up into the role?

And by the way that team is amazing! DG obviously trying to get the team pumped into a new all time low before disappearing. Can you imagine Rory McAllister and Mitch Megginson coming up against Hall and McKay, with Miller "protecting" the back four? 😄 Christ almighty.

Retail have missed a trick here they could have made a killing on FFC pillows that you can hide behind when Cove are on the attack to miss the horror show that awaits