The Falkirk FC Thread

34 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Was on the elliot's bus at thistle when the windows got put in back in the day still have an anecdote that I tell from that day (anecdote, I'm so middle class these days) good to know our new manager was there as well. Looks like a brilliant appointment so let's hope it works out.

I'll jump on the I was on the elliot's bus that day as well. Looks like an exciting appointment which might just be a stroke of genius.ย 

Does anyone know if he is related to the very average Falkirk player Steven Rennie?

8 minutes ago, Mevilc Bairn said:

I'll jump on the I was on the elliot's bus that day as well. Looks like an exciting appointment which might just be a stroke of genius.ย 

Does anyone know if he is related to the very average Falkirk player Steven Rennie?

Donโ€™t think so.

Steven is a teacher in the Hillfoots.

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Once Holt gets cleared, there will be no one deserving of ire other than the shiftless b*****ds that wear the shirt. They had better start putting it in from now on.

I was feeling really down about things but with the new board members and the new manager looking to change things, the best mindset to support change is a positive one so I think itโ€™s time to get behind the club now. I think that we should put our ire and anger on hold for the next wee while.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I was feeling really down about things but with the new board members and the new manager looking to change things, the best mindset to support change is a positive one so I think itโ€™s time to get behind the club now. I think that we should put our ire and anger on hold for the next wee while.

Or at least till Holt rears his head ..lol

27 minutes ago, Mevilc Bairn said:

No relation, but his Dad was the minister at Larbert Old Church.ย 

He has a 3rd brother but have no idea of his name.

Guest Ecosse83

At the Q&A Holt talked passionately about the youth setup so maybe that will be his remit. Iโ€™d be ok with that but if he was allowed to sign players in January then we are fucked!ย 

Been watching some of Martin Rennieโ€™s interviews and that is someone who is coherent, comfortable with the media and more enjoyable to listen to than most.

Should he do well, we should be wary of the BBC stealing him, let alone other clubs!

On a side note, I remember the Thistle game in 1991. I got lost when I left the ground, missed the bus (Commercial Bar) and was given a Thistle scarf by a kind policeman in order to avoid something โ€œnastyโ€ happening. When I ended up at Firhill again, the team bus was about to leave. I asked for a lift and was told by a blazer how to get a train back home - way to help the fans!

Edited by Taxi for De Massis

4 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

At the Q&A Holt talked passionately about the youth setup so maybe that will be his remit. Iโ€™d be ok with that but if he was allowed to sign players in January then we are fucked!ย 

Fergus said it was his and he owned it, that was my take on it, @Bainsfordbairn was there as well if Iโ€™ve picked that up wrongly.

15 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

Been watching some of Martin Rennieโ€™s interviews and that is someone who is coherent, comfortable with the media and more enjoyable to listen to than most.

Should he do well, we should be wary of the BBC stealing him, let alone other clubs!

On a side note, I remember the Thistle game in 1991. I got lost when I left the ground, missed the bus (Commercial Bar) and was given a Thistle scarf by a kind policeman in order to avoid something โ€œnastyโ€ happening. When I ended up at Firhill again, the team bus was about to leave. I asked for a lift and was told by a blazer how to get a train back home - way to help the fans!

Was that the one where McQueen scored a late penalty to pinch an undeserved point for us after Colin McGlashan scored for them?

Guest Ecosse83
16 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Fergus said it was his and he owned it, that was my take on it, @Bainsfordbairn was there as well if Iโ€™ve picked that up wrongly.

Fergus never talked at the Q&A. I know Holt was heavily involved at youth in Norwich so maybe thatโ€™s where his heart is for the future. Heโ€™s still a c**t though ๐Ÿ˜‚