The Falkirk FC Thread

On paper this looks like a good appointment and fair play to the new board for going for it when everyone in the world though it would be Rice. Quite sensible to give him till the end of the season too.
We saw last year that adding quality in the break can make a huge difference so we need to give the manager funds to strengthen the team.

1 hour ago, fuzzydunlop said:

Last time I'll mention it, but I was best mates at School with Martin.  We lost touch when we left School and I haven't spoken to him since but still pretty mental for me he's now managing the club.   Probably been mentioned elsewhere that he was a big Falkirk fan(think he was Ballboy at one point)....  In fact I dont imagine many previous managers have been on the Elliots supporters bus which he sometimes went on with a few of us in the early 90s.  The one game that sticks out is 1991 v Partick Thistle away(1-1 I think it finished?).  Loads of trouble after the game and the bus windows got put in -Martin was with me on the bus that day definitely.   

Not an exciting story I know but still pretty mad to think he's now at the helm!

Good luck to him..he's going to need it!

Love it!

That's me right behind Rennieball now. 

Listening to his interviews on podcast he is clearly very intelligent and quite academic in his ways. Completely different in approach and manner to what we have had before. He would clearly interview well so it’s obvious why he has impressed. Talk is cheap though, but he deserves a go of it. 

57 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Has there been any word on whether our new manager is in the country yet and if he’ll be at the game today? 

He’ll need to isolate surely before he can do anything. 

4 minutes ago, Rugster said:

He’ll need to isolate surely before he can do anything. 

He's been out of work since the summer so entirely possible that he's living in Scotland already.

Even if not, he will only need to isolate pending a PCR result, which can come back very quickly (presumably he will have flown home once the negotiations heated up)

11 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Didn’t see that one coming.

Very intrigued and actually quite impressed by this move.

Good luck to the man and given the boldness of this appointment I actually think the new BoD might just have the bollocks to empty Holt.

Let's hope they do that before the end of the month.

A really refreshing appointment that, if successful, could help finally move Scottish football into the 21st century and put an end to the careers of the old dinosaurs that have been holding the beautiful game back for years. Really hope all goes well for you lot for the rest of the season. (Although not too well obviously) 

I'm prepared to give him next season even if we miss out on the playoffs this season, provided that he's able to get the best out of the inept squad he's been handed, show tactical competence and demonstrate an knack for decent recruitment in January (Having said that, if he manages all three of those things then I do think we'll sneak in to the top four)

It's not sustainable to be cycling through managers as much as we have been, so I'd like to see him back next season unless he's another Hartley/Sheerin level disaster. If he is back next year though it would be on a promotion or bust mandate.

Edited by Donathan

Last time I'll mention it, but I was best mates at School with Martin.  We lost touch when we left School and I haven't spoken to him since but still pretty mental for me he's now managing the club.   Probably been mentioned elsewhere that he was a big Falkirk fan(think he was Ballboy at one point)....  In fact I dont imagine many previous managers have been on the Elliots supporters bus which he sometimes went on with a few of us in the early 90s.  The one game that sticks out is 1991 v Partick Thistle away(1-1 I think it finished?).  Loads of trouble after the game and the bus windows got put in -Martin was with me on the bus that day definitely.   
Not an exciting story I know but still pretty mad to think he's now at the helm!
Good luck to him..he's going to need it!
class