The Falkirk FC Thread

They have literally been in the door 4 days! [emoji23]  Also Gordon is a fan the same as you or I and would have been speaking in that way, not on behalf of the club, him speaking on a Graeme Spiers podcast has nothing to do with the “new regimes” running of the club. The patrons voted for two of the members to take board positions it’s now up to them alongside the two from the FSS and the remaining BOD to make decisions on behalf of the club, board meetings are totally confidential amongst the directors until they have something to report and that’s the way it should stay. Loose lips and gossip  from within the club is something that done harm via the previous regime. 

Don’t disagree, but note there’s a difference between leaking the wrong information and providing no information whatsoever.
As you say, it’s early days and they need time. Accordingly, I’ll do the same financially until we genuinely see some signs of progress…

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Don’t disagree, but note there’s a difference between leaking the wrong information and providing no information whatsoever.
As you say, it’s early days and they need time. Accordingly, I’ll do the same financially until we genuinely see some signs of progress…

Likewise I’ll invest when I feel they’re trustworthy.

8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Not trying argue at all here but surely if you wanted to force some from of change the best way to do it would be to invest in either the patrons group or the FSS and have an actual vote where you can now literally enact change from within either by standing as a candidate for a BOD position yourself or voting for a person you feel shares your views? 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I don’t quite get your antipathy though. We haven’t heard anything in the initial few days but that’s hardly a reason to accuse the newer members of being untrustworthy…..

Gary Holt is still part of their infrastructure. I can’t support that.

Not trying argue at all here but surely if you wanted to force some from of change the best way to do it would be to invest in either the patrons group or the FSS and have an actual vote where you can now literally enact change from within? 

You need to BELIEVE that you have the right leaders in place to get to that place.
I’ve heard a lot of positive thoughts and I know good guys like BPM are involved so that’s reassuring. However once I know we genuinely are all pulling in the same direction, I’ll invest further….

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

You need to BELIEVE that you have the right leaders in place to get to that place.
I’ve heard a lot of positive thoughts and I know good guys like BPM are involved so that’s reassuring. However once I know we genuinely are all pulling in the same direction, I’ll invest further….

Again tho, if you didn’t believe the right leaders were in place wouldn’t you want the option to elect new ones? You can only do that from within by investing in one of the fan ownership groups. The system is in place now and there is an actual mechanism where by normal fans get to choose who leads the club but we can’t do that by not embracing it, sitting on the sidelines complaining achieves nothing but owning a share in the club can. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Again tho, if you didn’t believe the right leaders were in place wouldn’t you want the option to elect new ones? You can only do that from within by investing in one of the fan ownership groups. 

Indeed, that’s why I have some shares invested already….

18 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Indeed, that’s why I have some shares invested already….

I also have shares from previously but always felt them pretty useless in isolation, however as a collective within the FSS or patrons group small to medium sized shareholders actually count, the target is 26% shareholding. That gives fans an actual say and as I said previously if I decided I wanted some form of change at the club the best way to achieve that would be by investing in one of said fans groups either be it the patrons or FSS and using that platform to elect the leadership I felt best fitted our club. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Jesus Christ 3 days after getting placed on the bod and folk are complaining already.  God knows what kind of mess they've walked into FFS. Give them a bloody chance to get a grip on things first before writing them off.

Who reinvented you into the voice of reason overnight?…[emoji23]

Guest Caractacus Potts
19 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Again tho, if you didn’t believe the right leaders were in place wouldn’t you want the option to elect new ones? You can only do that from within by investing in one of the fan ownership groups. The system is in place now and there is an actual mechanism where by normal fans get to choose who leads the club but we can’t do that by not embracing it, sitting on the sidelines complaining achieves nothing but owning a share in the club can. 

Unfortunately at the minute no fan has a say as no director is an elected representative of the fans group and that won’t properly happen till May. Also from an optics point having a board made up of 6 patrons doesn’t suggest the balanced model that it aims to strive for. 

Anyway I’ve got a lot more faith with this new board than the last even if 2 of the old board still remain. 

Hopefully Monday will provide us with more information about plans going forward but things are certainly looking more positive. Definitely need to not rush in to this appointment though as need to make sure it’s the correct one. 

7 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Unfortunately at the minute no fan has a say as no director is an elected representative of the fans group and that won’t properly happen till May. Also from an optics point having a board made up of 6 patrons doesn’t suggest the balanced model that it aims to strive for. 

Anyway I’ve got a lot more faith with this new board than the last even if 2 of the old board still remain. 

Hopefully Monday will provide us with more information about plans going forward but things are certainly looking more positive. Definitely need to not rush in to this appointment though as need to make sure it’s the correct one. 

It's just one of the old board is it not?