The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, AGPar said:

What length of contract is Murray on with you guys? I think he has done a decent job at Airdrie, he's well and truly had our number over the past couple of years if that counts for anything, and given some of the other names quoted, I would not be at all against Falkirk at least asking him if he has any interest in it. In fact, of the candidates that could be termed "realistic", I'd have him down as the best option.

He certainly has had the better of things against us since we came down but doesn`t look like he has had the type of record against the rest that would inspire confidence.

Been there since 2018 and hasn`t taken them up...lost 45 games in the process!!

It`s certainly all about opinions but not for me thanks.

ScreenHunter_01 Dec. 10 10.39.gif

28 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I didn’t say take him. I suggested that he should be top of your list as I imagine he would be attainable and I suspect he would be very interested in the job

I'm sure a couple of your fans have said they have, i didnt say you specifically.Every manager regardless how well they are doing has their critics in the fanbase..

Does anyone here know every last clause and detail of his severance package from Hibs? There are a myriad potential permutations on of which may (or may not)/involve loss of his severance settlement should he take another football job……….or perhaps a part of it. For the sake of argument, let’s say he is on a severance salary of £150k.

Falkirk can muster a £50k offer. Now, Hibs might say “touch that Falkirk job, and you lose your £150k from us, or perhaps more likely, they might negotiate and say “take that £50k from Falkirk, and you lose £50k from us”…….or a variation thereof.

I think they’d rather save cash rather than cut their nose off in order to make a point. Doubtless he will be under a NDA that would mean he loses the lot if he talks about Hibs stuff………..but give him lots of cash to ensure he doesn’t work for over two years because Hibs would happily pay to keep him out of the game? Very unlikely.

Murray is a strange one. He has done well at airdrie but always a couple of results away from a negative reaction from the fans. We seem to absolutely shit the bed in big games (see cove and montrose in recent weeks). I cant see us winning the league.

Contract wise. Not a clue. I think end of next season. Not a problem for you biys

One thing I'd like to suggest to the club - stop putting photos of Gary Holt up when trying to hire people!

Martin Rennie has been a name suggested in the past. If he can bring players in who actually look bothered and get something out of what we have (which judging by earlier posts amounts to 4 players), then I'd give him a chance.

But we are Falkirk, the Premiership outfit on sabbatical, so expect Rice, McIntyre or Kettlewell (still hoping for Ross, but that's down to 3% now)

I know a few Falkirk fans have mentioned potentially going to a hybrid model to allow you to get the best part time players instead of the worst full time players so I’ve got a bit of an out of the box suggestion for your new manager (and this would be the case for any League One/Two or Lowland league club) but why not the guy Tommy Sloan from Auchinleck Talbot as a potential new manager.

I know it’s the “juniors” or it was but hear me out:

Manages undoubtedly the biggest junior/now ex junior club in his division (and possibly in all of non-league football) so already is able to deal with the pressure of getting results.

Would be able to get any of the best part time players to sign for him based on his record. Talbot, even as a big fish in the old small pond of the juniors, never really seemed to have any negative news coming out from the players so they always seem happy with his management style.

His league/cup and win/loss record is probably incredible and has been earned over numerous seasons.

He’s already been able to get a few big scalps in the senior Scottish Cup.

I get that there is a huge jump in standards, expectations etc and for all I know the guy may have zero intention of looking for a new or bigger job but I’m always surprised that he isn’t mentioned for any senior positions at all.

@Marshmallo you seem to be quite well versed in the juniors/west of scotland league. What do you think of this suggestion?

7 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

@Marshmallo you seem to be quite well versed in the juniors/west of scotland league. What do you think of this suggestion?

From the little I know, he's got quite a bit going on outside football and essentially has freedom to run Talbot as he sees fit in terms of the squad etc. He's built a dynasty of sorts at Talbot and I'd be interested in bringing him in but I can't see Falkirk making the move or him being massively interested to be honest given how much control he'd have relative to the set up at Talbot.

He's viewed in almost reverential terms by other managers at that level as far as I understand it so you'd reckon he'd hear about any players with talent on the way up before anyone else. Listened to a podcast with Tony McInally who used to be the Pollok manager when Sena Niang was coming through there and he said he was contacting his mates higher up the pyramid before he'd even made his first team debut saying he had everything to go far in the game. I wonder who many people like that are calling Holt to tip him off? My bet would be zero.

If we are going to a hybrid model then I'm sure he could make it work but would take time that I'm not sure we could offer. Talbot have a good track record of signing boys from lower levels but then giving them a "red shirt" type year almost where they have to get up to speed with the style of play and requirements. I can't picture us giving someone time to implement that. I think our fanbase would view it as aiming too low too.

IMO the best five or six players from the WoS league mixed with five or six "quality" more highly paid full timers would pish this league btw. Again, it won't happen at FFC but I'd be in favour of it.

Just now, Rob1885 said:
4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:
The rest of the merry go round names have the same though.

Mcintyre would be your best bet i think.

Going by whats available i think most would agree, i think the issue any incoming manager would have is Holt. I think if any announcement is made the 2 would have to be made one after the other and discussions with Holt and the incoming manager going in tandem.  Holt announced as leaving new manager incoming.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Does anyone here know every last clause and detail of his severance package from Hibs? There are a myriad potential permutations on of which may (or may not)/involve loss of his severance settlement should he take another football job……….or perhaps a part of it. For the sake of argument, let’s say he is on a severance salary of £150k.

Falkirk can muster a £50k offer. Now, Hibs might say “touch that Falkirk job, and you lose your £150k from us, or perhaps more likely, they might negotiate and say “take that £50k from Falkirk, and you lose £50k from us”…….or a variation thereof.

I think they’d rather save cash rather than cut their nose off in order to make a point. Doubtless he will be under a NDA that would mean he loses the lot if he talks about Hibs stuff………..but give him lots of cash to ensure he doesn’t work for over two years because Hibs would happily pay to keep him out of the game? Very unlikely.

Why would Hibs stand in the way of Ross getting another job ? Cant think of one and in particular with Falkirk who would be years away from being in the same league as them.