The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

So basically we’re pish is why you are saying 😂

BPM knew this pre season - think he was consistently saying we didn’t have the quality in key positions. Glad that tune hasn’t changed.

I think every team above has better striker(s) and Centre backs than us. 

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The squad is not good enough. It lacks leadership, mobility, athleticism and quality.
The new guy needs 4/5 players at least in January, right through the spine of the team  

Its all about opinions- your squad is good enough to get promoted. Keena is being chased by Raith, before i get a deluge of negativity from posters, many who have refused to support the team in person for i am sure good reasons, but I have seen you live this past year as much as  some of the other Posters.!, Clearly, Keena has  not done the business, but really if Sheerin is as bad as you all say( and I dont disagree) , you may need to have sympathy for him. The public humiliation of him and Dowds at the fan forum by your Director of Football has gone virile.Any wonder he might feel frustrated, demotivated? That goal  vs Airdrie tells you he has something(?). 

Now we are bottom of the league, I have seen all the teams in the league. I still cant believe with a bit of common sense and tactics you cant get promoted. We should of beat Cove , they will drop points going forward…. Not been impressed by any of the leading teams this year including yourselves.

38 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It isn’t ridiculous, just preposterous. 

He will be have been on money to choke a horse at Hibs. He has just signed an extension to 2024. He is not going to walk away from that for a wage that is probably about 25% of what he is on now. 

It's surely worth asking though. That costs nothing.  Imagine we don't bother and a few weeks down the line he's managing queen's park or QoS. I'd just put the feelers out just in case.

I have genuinely enjoyed falkirks downfall. It makes me happy. However, I will give you some credit. I would agree the falkirk job would be pretty appealing to quite a lot of managers. You have the infrastructure and support to be higher up the leagues. Seems like you might be getting yourself sorted

11 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Regardless of whether Mitchell left a few weeks after Hartley or not it was most definitely Hartley that introduced him to the club and at no point was any player forced onto the Hartley by his own admission he had final say on every signing, buck stops with the manager here, there are no excuses…..…Anyway, have a nice day Paul. See you at the game on Saturday, hopefully Falkirk give your new team a beating. 👍

Cheer Edi , give my regards to Margaret Lang

Can I just ask, is there a list of managers that we know won’t take the job that we should just ask anyway? Or does this fantastic logic only stretch as far as Jack Ross?
Just like Gary Holt's epic striker search in the summer. We can just start asking and hope for the best, start at Pep and work our way down.

Guest Ecosse83
41 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Lost me 

Apologies as Shagger said it was meant to be what no why. Bloody fingers are too fat for my iphone 🤦‍♂️

10 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Can I just ask, is there a list of managers that we know won’t take the job that we should just ask anyway? Or does this fantastic logic only stretch as far as Jack Ross?

The fact that Ross is a local boy who has played for the club and knows all about lower league football in Scotland makes it a bit different I'd say. It was only 5 years ago that he was managing alloa in this very division.  I just don't see the problem some people have with us just posing the question. Doesn't cost you anything.

5 hours ago, sick boy said:

Please cite another single instance of this happening please.

The man is from Falkirk, perhaps something to do with it pal.

Not only from Falkirk, former captain during our most recent ‘successful’ spell nearer the top than the bottom of the game 

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

It isn’t ridiculous, just preposterous. 

He will be have been on money to choke a horse at Hibs. He has just signed an extension to 2024. He is not going to walk away from that for a wage that is probably about 25% of what he is on now. 

It would be preposterous to not try our best to try lure him to the club.. 

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's surely worth asking though. That costs nothing.  Imagine we don't bother and a few weeks down the line he's managing queen's park or QoS. I'd just put the feelers out just in case.

Exactly. There’s a poster on here who says he was pish at Hibs as though that helps support the idea of him not being interested. 

A failed Hibs manager isn’t likely to land a top job but he’s got a proven track record with Alloa and St.Mirren and would be a perfect fit for us. 

This isn’t like trying for Alex Ferguson. It is actually within the realms of possibility but would take a major effort to achieve. Why not go for it!?

As mentioned before Steve Clarke from WBA to Killie was a bigger drop down than Hibs to Falkirk. 

3 hours ago, Its not only a game said:

Its all about opinions- your squad is good enough to get promoted. Keena is being chased by Raith,

Holding that up as a plus or good thing ignores the fact we chased and signed Keatings too...who’s warming the trainer’s office at Montrose. I love JMcG, but forwards aren’t his strong suit. Even if we assume Keena is superior to Keatings, IDK.

3 hours ago, Its not only a game said:

The public humiliation of him and Dowds at the fan forum by your Director of Football has gone virile.Any wonder he might feel frustrated, demotivated?

That was just part of the cunning plan to encourage another League One side to pick him up, since disgruntled Falkirk players are a sure route to four wins a season.