Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Said super scout was actually introduced to the club by Paul Hartley as well, despite the ineptitude above him in the board room Hartley made an absolute mess of that summer transfer window and it was nobody’s fault but his own. 

Hartley did that because by his own admission he couldn't be fucked traipsing the country in midweek looking at reserve games. 

The reason jeffries and Brown were so successful is that they did this. Often signing someone different from the boy they were going to see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Rubbish- it was Hartley and super scout who signed a bunch of jobbers without ever seeing them play.

Yes that was Campbell's Brentford Model - sign English lower league & academy players identified by Superscout & sell them on for a big profit. It was a club strategy.

That Hartley said he hadn't seen them play indicates to me he had little or no say in who was signed.

If this was Hartley's plan , ask yourself this - why hasn't he done this anywhere else before or after Falkirk   

   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes that was Campbell's Brentford Model - sign English lower league & academy players identified by Superscout & sell them on for a big profit. It was a club strategy.
That Hartley said he hadn't seen them play indicates to me he had little or no say in who was signed.
If this was Hartley's plan , ask yourself this - why hasn't he done this anywhere else before or after Falkirk   
   

I’m sure this must have been forced on him and the club must have paid him a huge gagging fee. When your reputation is shot to bits you would want to sing it from the rooftops but his lips have always been sealed.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't get this, maybe situation didn't suit last time, job I'm in just now I was offered before and turned it down, doesn't mean I work less hard now, if it was straight choice between Rice or McIntyre, I'd bite my own hand off for McIntyre,, I think Rice has disaster written all over it, nothing to do with his personal problems, he was awful for Hamilton and there fans were wanting him out for ages

He was out of work having been dismissed by Ross County and chose not to take the job at Falkirk…..
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:


He was out of work having been dismissed by Ross County and chose not to take the job at Falkirk…..

Because he was concentrating on setting up his own business. That's up and running now so he may feel differently. Not that I'm saying I'd want him, particularly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:


I’m sure this must have been forced on him and the club must have paid him a huge gagging fee. When your reputation is shot to bits you would want to sing it from the rooftops but his lips have always been sealed.

 

It was the club's strategy mate.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1994036/falkirk-youth-setup-axe-brentford-blueprint/

 

I recall an interview with Hartley where he said he was genuinely surprised we were axing the academy.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Must say I'm very impressed with the first FSS email that's went out. Clear, concise and straight to the point. We all know how big a club we are but now is the time to back that statement up. No sense waiting in the shadows hoping things are going to get better as we've all seen what that has done to our club the last 5 years. If you can afford to contribute get involved and lets all do our bit in turning this sinking ship around. 

It's definitely not going to be easy and I don't envy the new board one bit but finally we'll have Falkirk men making decisions for the good of our club. I have no doubt that Holt will be gone as soon as they can find the correct way of removing him. Hopefully with a competent manager in charge and some shrewd business in January we'll see a much improved set of performances and results this season.

The future is bright. 

COYB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agree with BPM it’s good we haven’t had any leaks from the boardroom regarding the new manager as per usual, the fact the job hasn’t been advertised you’d presume they’ve approached a relatively small number of candidates for interview and will hopefully make a speedy decision suggesting it’ll be somebody with experience as opposed to another Sheerin type. Actually don’t think we have time to advertise and go through full due diligence, a steady hand to end of season with a view to it becoming permanent would be my hope. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

 

It was the club's strategy mate.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1994036/falkirk-youth-setup-axe-brentford-blueprint/

 

I recall an interview with Hartley where he said he was genuinely surprised we were axing the academy.

 

He also said no player would be brought in without him having final say, added to that the scout brought in was Hartleys guy (Richard Mitchell) having worked with him previously. There is no get out for Hartley here despite your best defence of the guy. Hartley had also used Richard Mitchel to source players for us in the previous January transfer window (Nelson, Jakubiuk, Robson ect) with decent success, it was after that the club brought the guy in semi permanently thinking he would do the same long term. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

He also said no player would be brought in without him having final say, added to that the scout brought in was Hartleys guy having worked with him previously. There is no get out for him here despite your best defence of the guy. 

I will respond with the same reply I gave you in January rather that compose a new one, HAVE A NICE DAY.

Yes of course Hartley had used Mitchell before - he was a scout and an agent  - like most managers Hartley has a network of these guys . What Hartley hadn't done before was sign an entire team of Mitchell's prospects (duffers). 

The Brentford model and the almost total exclusive use of Mitchell was Campbell's idea - part of Project Premiership. Again Hartley has never used such a model before or since..

You also slyly try to imply Mitchell was part of the whole Hartley package and "left the club along with the rest of Hartley's coaching staff" when he was nothing of the sort. Hartley and his staff were bulleted , Mitchell wasn't & stayed and then Ray came in. Mitchell was then eventually terminated several weeks after Hartley had gone. Mitchell was not part of Hartley's staff, the guy was self employed in his own company.     

I'm not defending Hartley, I just want fans to point the finger in the right direction at the real villains. 

 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

I will respond with the same reply I gave you in January rather that compose a new one, HAVE A NICE DAY.

Yes of course Hartley had used Mitchell before - he was a scout and an agent  - like most managers Hartley has a network of these guys . What Hartley hadn't done before was sign an entire team of Mitchell's prospects (duffers). 

The Brentford model and the almost total exclusive use of Mitchell was Campbell's idea - part of Project Premiership. Again Hartley has never used such a model before or since..

You also slyly try to imply Mitchell was part of the whole Hartley package and "left the club along with the rest of Hartley's coaching staff" when he was nothing of the sort. Hartley and his staff were bulleted , Mitchell wasn't & stayed and then Ray came in. Mitchell was then eventually terminated several weeks after Hartley had gone. Mitchell was not part of Hartley's staff, the guy was self employed in his own company.     

I'm not defending Hartley, I just want fans to point the finger in the right direction at the real villains. 

 

Regardless of whether Mitchell left a few weeks after Hartley or not it was most definitely Hartley that introduced him to the club and at no point was any player forced onto the Hartley by his own admission he had final say on every signing, buck stops with the manager here, there are no excuses…..…Anyway, have a nice day Paul. See you at the game on Saturday, hopefully Falkirk give your new team a beating. 👍

Edited by LatapyBairn.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hartley is a c**t but I agree with Hank it wasn’t his idea but he did agree to it so has to take his fair share of blame. 
 

I was told at the time that Hartley was that much of a c**t in Scotland than no one up here wanted to sign for us so we had to use that market more than we would have liked. The way he treated Sibbald makes be believe that was 100% correct. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...