The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Scott said:

As much as Jack Ross would be an amazing appointment, i think theres a lot of people here needing a massive dose of reality. 

It's all very well saying 'let's throw everything at him and make it happen' but we have to consider the possibility that if it all goes wrong (we are Falkirk after all), how would we be able to sever ties? He was possibly on at least 10 times what Sheerin was on so how could we afford to pay that off if it goes t*ts up? (Or even just a quarter of that amount for arguments sake). 

His compensation from Hibs might be a rolling payment aswell until he picks up a job somewhere else so joining us might cost him a huge sum too although we obv don't know the details. I just think we are forgetting the gulf between a club the size of Hibs and the money in the top league compared to where we find ourselves now and that's before we throw in the negative considerations HE would have such as the risk, our current reputation and that arsehole Holt.

I don't think there's anyone who thinks it's a realistica appointment. Just that it would show a great bit of ambition by the BOD to even talk to him. The worst that can happen is that he says no.

31 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Not much change in terms of odds.

C87105E2-0F40-4A44-AB96-BED3E7A9330D.jpeg

Christ, that is enough to make anyone depressed!!

The only ones I fancy off that list is Darren Young or Dick Campbell... Although didn't Hopkin do ok with Livi??

We need to be bold to get us back in the limelight... it would be great to get Ross or even approach Shelley Kerr?

Guest FFC1965
On 07/12/2021 at 14:57, Russ said:

Rather minor in the grand scheme of things that need done (namely booting Holt and Thomson as far out of the town as possible) and appointing a new management team. But I’d hope one of the things the new board would do would be to approach Dave Mac and offer him a proper deal. For someone who down so much for the club as a volunteer he should be a paid employee. He would have been hurting just as much as us watching that dogshit on Saturday.

Falkirk FC been the kind of place where there are lots of people doing great work for free and who should actually be getting paid, offset by a load of hangers on getting paid very well and achieving nowt.   It seems to be a football 

47 minutes ago, Scott said:

As much as Jack Ross would be an amazing appointment, i think theres a lot of people here needing a massive dose of reality. 

It's all very well saying 'let's throw everything at him and make it happen' but we have to consider the possibility that if it all goes wrong (we are Falkirk after all), how would we be able to sever ties? He was possibly on at least 10 times what Sheerin was on so how could we afford to pay that off if it goes t*ts up? (Or even just a quarter of that amount for arguments sake). 

His compensation from Hibs might be a rolling payment aswell until he picks up a job somewhere else so joining us might cost him a huge sum too although we obv don't know the details. I just think we are forgetting the gulf between a club the size of Hibs and the money in the top league compared to where we find ourselves now and that's before we throw in the negative considerations HE would have such as the risk, our current reputation and that arsehole Holt.

Fair points raised but the club should try to speak to him. Not to do so would reflect badly on the new board.

F*ck it, if we’re seriously suggesting that we talk to Jack Ross, then let’s also make sure we’re considering Derek McInnes and Craig Levein as well. All three are as ludicrously unlikely as each other but are on a completely different level to the horseshit appearing on that McBookie list. We absolutely have to aim higher than that.

If money is available in January, I hope it’s put towards a new manager. Over the past few seasons we’ve had squads that, certainly on paper, should be capable of achieving much more than they have done. I include the current crop in that. Unfortunately our last three managers simply haven't been good enough to get the best out of these squads.

I’m not convinced being a League 1 Club will automatically be a stumbling block for some. If the package is right, any manager worth their salt will have the belief that they can turn our fortunes around fairly quickly and in doing so, raise their own profile. The next appointment should tell us just how serious the Club is about getting out of this league and furthermore, back to the top flight.

2 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Don’t ask you won’t get as unlikely as it would be to happen.

He had a deal until 2024 so unlikely that hibs have just paid all that off at once so may  he hang around and wait for a Motherwell/St Johnstone while still being paid by hibs  but worth making the call.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

All we are asking is that the board speak to him nothing more. Do not rule out any options. We'd have never got Simon Stainrod to go from the south of France to Falkirk if we hadn't asked the question because people felt it would never happen. Worst that happens he says no and we move on to someone else. I'm not going to attack the board for him saying no but I'd be disappointed if he never got the chance to say no.

Hi, I am a journalist studying at City of Glasgow College and have done a piece on potential candidates for the next Falkirk manager. 

Thought I’d pop it on here incase you would be interested in a wee read. 
Would love to hear your thoughts. 

Thanks 🙂

https://www.cityliveglasgow.com/journalism/2021/12/9/next-manager-options-four-managerial-candidates-to-replace-sacked-falkirk-boss-sheerin 

3 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Give him it until the end of the season with a bonus for promotion. Sheerin and Holts wage combined wouldn’t have been a million miles off what Ross will be on at Hibs! 

I would imagine that Ross would have been on c£150000 at Hibs. Pure conjecture on my part of course.

11 minutes ago, MatthewM02 said:

Hi, I am a journalist studying at City of Glasgow College and have done a piece on potential candidates for the next Falkirk manager. 

Thought I’d pop it on here incase you would be interested in a wee read. 
Would love to hear your thoughts. 

Thanks 🙂

https://www.cityliveglasgow.com/journalism/2021/12/9/next-manager-options-four-managerial-candidates-to-replace-sacked-falkirk-boss-sheerin 

Well done, and kudos for being brave to post it on here!