The Falkirk FC Thread

What I hope:

New Board Member: Jack Ross is available. We have the money, we'll give him what he needs to bring us back to the Premiership, agreed?

(rapturous applause, followed by a rush of activity to get the deal done)

A few hours later

Communications Officer: Press Conference has been scheduled for Monday at 11am

However, this could also happen:

New Board Member: Jack Ross is available. We have the money, we'll give him what he needs to bring us back to the Premiership, agreed?

(murmurs for around 30 seconds)

Other Board Member: Good idea, but let's ask Gary first, shall we?

I really don't think he would come, but it would be excellent to get him. It's not just the drop down in level that is the problem, it is working under Holt. I don't think he would consider that for a minute. RIghtly so. 

Until we empty Holt that is seriously going to hamper our chances of getting anyone half decent and experienced in.

13 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I really don't think he would come, but it would be excellent to get him. It's not just the drop down in level that is the problem, it is working under Holt. I don't think he would consider that for a minute. RIghtly so. 

Until we empty Holt that is seriously going to hamper our chances of getting anyone half decent and experienced in.

Surely if you approach him and he says no Holt if you want me it's a no brainer what you have to do.  If he's as confident in his own ability as he says he is then then we should be another route back to the top flight for him. He knows what the place can be like when we're doing well.  He went from Sunderland to Hibs so nothings impossible.

5 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Who would have thought Steve Clarke would have taken the Kilmarnock job when he did? Stranger things have happened. 

Good shout actually. 

Would love it if it happened but just an enjoyable wee pipe dream I think. 

Edited by Believe The Hype

Think Ross is more likely to happen than any of the Mcglynn, McCall etc patter. So maybe a 0.1% chance of happening rather than a 0% chance.

Have also been impressed the new board have managed to keep leaks to a minimum. Under the old board you may as well have had a camera in the boardroom. The constant leaks on here was embarrassing and unprofessional 

Guest Ecosse83

Give him it until the end of the season with a bonus for promotion. Sheerin and Holts wage combined wouldn’t have been a million miles off what Ross will be on at Hibs! 

6 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Give him it until the end of the season with a bonus for promotion. Sheerin and Holts wage combined wouldn’t have been a million miles off what Ross will be on at Hibs! 

I mean the Jack Ross shouts are fairly ludicrous as it stands, nevermind thinking he’d accept a wee shitey deal until the end of the season with a bonus for promotion.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

Use everything at our disposal to bring in Jack Ross. Alex Totten told me his parents used to own the Colonial and sure he said he knew them well, maybe he could help persuade him. 

Someone with a Falkirk persuasion must be pals with him. 

If it’s money, then petition a fundraiser.  

Let him know how much the fans want him here and would be behind him. Whatever it takes, give it our best shot!

Edited by Guest

Guest Ecosse83
8 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I mean the Jack Ross shouts are fairly ludicrous as it stands, nevermind thinking he’d accept a wee deal shitey deal until the end of the season with a bonus for promotion.

Everything about Falkirk has been ludicrous for years now mate. I’m not daft though I know it won’t happen it’s nice to dream though 😂

Its a football forum also if we can’t talk utter bollocks on here then what’s the point 😆

Edited by Ecosse83

59 minutes ago, Rugster said:

We will not know if he will come unless we talk to him.

19 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Did we just get a multi million pound cash investment I don’t know anything about?
We won’t be getting Jack Ross on enhanced wages.
We are struggling to maintain full time status in the third tier….

Theres money there for the right manager and the patrons are willing to invest more to get him as far as I know . I doubt money is the issue though again. He's just had two big payoffs from Sunderland and hibs . 

As much as Jack Ross would be an amazing appointment, i think theres a lot of people here needing a massive dose of reality. 

It's all very well saying 'let's throw everything at him and make it happen' but we have to consider the possibility that if it all goes wrong (we are Falkirk after all), how would we be able to sever ties? He was possibly on at least 10 times what Sheerin was on so how could we afford to pay that off if it goes t*ts up? (Or even just a quarter of that amount for arguments sake). 

His compensation from Hibs might be a rolling payment aswell until he picks up a job somewhere else so joining us might cost him a huge sum too although we obv don't know the details. I just think we are forgetting the gulf between a club the size of Hibs and the money in the top league compared to where we find ourselves now and that's before we throw in the negative considerations HE would have such as the risk, our current reputation and that arsehole Holt.

Edited by Scott