Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

The worst of it is the past few seasons dross is going to crop up in one of the Brockville bairns books and part of club history, its like having a kick in, you wish it never happened but you have to acknowledge that it did :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

As a Clyde fan if you signed DGW you would romp the league (even this year).

The only reason he is with us is due to his well documented baggage but as a player (which is what fans would judge him on) he has been absolutely brilliant in his time with us and is the best Clyde player I have seen in 40 years supporting Clyde and the best I think will ever see.

He is still under contract to the end of next season and I would be disappointed if we let him go for anything less than a substantial 5 figure sum so dont think Falkirk could afford him.

Only good thing in our favour is that he appears to genuinely like playing with us (yeah I know this may just be hype) but he did say on a podcast last year that he would be with Clyde as long as they wanted him and that he hopes to play till he is 40 and personally I dont see anything that would stop him at the moment as this is the best season he has played so far with to be a fair a total lot of dross around him.

No doubting that Goodwillie is an excellent player but there are times when he looks to me like he can't be arsed. May just be his demeanor or laid back style but he does come over that way some times.

Having said that, if you're miles better than most of those that you're playing with then it must be hard to stay positive all of the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

10k fine for breach of SFA rules on gambling

fine for misconduct

10 game ban for gambling

and say he does have a relapse then what we are back to square one as mentioned i genuinely have nothing against Rice but its wrong appointment wrong time if it was, as he hasnt done anything that stands out other than been in a constant relegation battle to keep accies in the premiership which ended up in failure.

Other than he knows what it means to be a Bairn and knows the club and what the fans want, I just dont see it and i dont think he could change it in the timescale we want/expect.

Saying that the state we are in we need  a start somewhere and it might be the gamble (pardon the pun we need).  Its a project for any manager what Holt has saddled us with to sort out.  i dont see anyone willing to work under Holt

 

The players morale must be down at the sole of the feet level. They are human beings after all with families trying to make a living and stuck with our mob

6 nil drubbing, no confidence in themselves the squad and the club. Most know they are out the door at the end of the season will little hope of full time football.

What is needed in the short term is a motivator to screw as much effort out of the lack of talent that's available. Whether that is a caretaker or the next manager who knows.

There is a case for both options and careful thinking required.

Sheerin should never have been given the job and the poor guy who had a good job at Aberdeen deserves our sympathy as no doubt he did his best

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

You make some good points but, in the case of Wright chairing the meeting, was it not the case of ‘last director standing’?

Regarding Colborn, I think he has resigned and his contribution was to give the Financial Report, which I thought was the correct thing to do as that was his area of responsibility.

Bateman is someone who has done a power of unpaid work for the club over a good number of years and, at the time of the demise of GC, he stepped in and, along with others, kept the ship afloat. As to his becoming a director maybe he is representing the interests of the major shareholders? I don’t know but he is certainly no passenger.

Although not critical, I do think it is unfortunate that the 2 representatives of the FSS also happen to be patrons. I know this is temporary but the optics are not good.

Maybe I’m a forever optimist, but I did leave the AGM with a much better feeling than I expected at the outset.

I don’t know a single one of the people either previously or of those coming in.

The discussion seems to have settled on the ‘Wicked witch of the North’ (Deans) who along with a couple of others showed contempt for the support.  I simply suggest we should concentrate on the stewardship of the club.  I have no reason to doubt that Bateman has been a fantastic servant to the club.  However, is it not a display of contempt of the support to simply bring someone onto the board with absolutely no explanation?

It is not a good start to have people talking about democracy and transparency and then behaving in this way.

Further, there was earlier confirmation that a poster on here was using information about the future squad organisation because “I was only passing on what a patron told me”.  For a patron to be breaching confidential discussion in that way is grossly unprofessional.

in terms of representation lets take an example.  Would you find it acceptable if I were a member of political party A and rocked up saying that I wanted to be a member of party B and that I want to stand for the council on that basis?  You will probably tell me that Falkirk Council has such members and noone has a problem with it.

I have previously confirmed that I accept, if folk are putting money into a football club, its perfectly understandable that they want to have a significant say in the decision making.  That has always been the case in the past.

I look forward to the changes the new board will make but some of the initial signals imply what I feel is poor judgement and might simply mean a changing of the guard.

I will make no further comment on this aspect.  I would much rather be picking a name for the new manager.  Inevitably in approx 18 months I will post that I ‘never wanted him.  Get him to………

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

10k fine for breach of SFA rules on gambling

fine for misconduct

10 game ban for gambling

and say he does have a relapse then what we are back to square one as mentioned i genuinely have nothing against Rice but its wrong appointment wrong time if it was, as he hasnt done anything that stands out other than been in a constant relegation battle to keep accies in the premiership which ended up in failure.

Other than he knows what it means to be a Bairn and knows the club and what the fans want, I just dont see it and i dont think he could change it in the timescale we want/expect.

Saying that the state we are in we need  a start somewhere and it might be the gamble (pardon the pun we need).  Its a project for any manager what Holt has saddled us with to sort out.  i dont see anyone willing to work under Holt

 

It isn’t just the gambling it’s his history of poor decision making process.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/former-hibs-star-brian-rice-2046228

gambling is illegal in Qatar, as is being in debt..

His utter stupidity and recklessness in his Qatar adventure rules him out as a manager for me, maybe a coach but never in charge of the first team,

He’s in charge of impulsive young men, you cannot command respect after being so stupid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Russ said:

Does he f**k deserve any sympathy. He wasn’t doing it for free ffs. He was getting paid a decent enough wage and done a fucking horrendous job and saddled us with some absolute fucking dross. Fucking sympathy.

Still think Holt should take credit for the dross i think only after we got saddled with Jamie Wilson that Sheerin ended up taking partial or some responsibilityor told he could sign who he wanted and that ended up with Ruth as the money was gone by then 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The players morale must be down at the sole of the feet level. They are human beings after all with families trying to make a living and stuck with our mob

6 nil drubbing, no confidence in themselves the squad and the club. Most know they are out the door at the end of the season will little hope of full time football.

What is needed in the short term is a motivator to screw as much effort out of the lack of talent that's available. Whether that is a caretaker or the next manager who knows.

There is a case for both options and careful thinking required.

Sheerin should never have been given the job and the poor guy who had a good job at Aberdeen deserves our sympathy as no doubt he did his best

For once, I agree with you.

Keep it up.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still think Holt should take credit for the dross i think only after we got saddled with Jamie Wilson that Sheerin ended up taking partial or some responsibilityor told he could sign who he wanted and that ended up with Ruth as the money was gone by then 

Michael Ruth, Seb Ross, Jaime Wilson, Declan McDaid, Sammy Ompreon are all on Sheerin. As well as giving Hetherington the armband. The whole ‘good guy’ shtick was already doing my nut in but giving him sympathy is just a lot of shite.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Baxters Wynd said:

I don’t know a single one of the people either previously or of those coming in.

The discussion seems to have settled on the ‘Wicked witch of the North’ (Deans) who along with a couple of others showed contempt for the support.  I simply suggest we should concentrate on the stewardship of the club.  I have no reason to doubt that Bateman has been a fantastic servant to the club.  However, is it not a display of contempt of the support to simply bring someone onto the board with absolutely no explanation?

It is not a good start to have people talking about democracy and transparency and then behaving in this way.

Further, there was earlier confirmation that a poster on here was using information about the future squad organisation because “I was only passing on what a patron told me”.  For a patron to be breaching confidential discussion in that way is grossly unprofessional.

in terms of representation lets take an example.  Would you find it acceptable if I were a member of political party A and rocked up saying that I wanted to be a member of party B and that I want to stand for the council on that basis?  You will probably tell me that Falkirk Council has such members and noone has a problem with it.

I have previously confirmed that I accept, if folk are putting money into a football club, its perfectly understandable that they want to have a significant say in the decision making.  That has always been the case in the past.

I look forward to the changes the new board will make but some of the initial signals imply what I feel is poor judgement and might simply mean a changing of the guard.

I will make no further comment on this aspect.  I would much rather be picking a name for the new manager.  Inevitably in approx 18 months I will post that I ‘never wanted him.  Get him to………

 

 

I don’t know you, but I find you a bit of a mood hoover, so I’m really looking forward to the manager suggestions!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

I don’t know you, but I find you a bit of a mood hoover, so I’m really looking forward to the manager suggestions!

Probably GD trying to put a dampener on things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Worth remembering that Goodwillie’s conviction was thrown out as there was insufficient proof. He was found guilty when the complainant sued him but the evidence threshold is far lower for a civil case.
 
In any case, he’s allowed to play football and if we are going to have to watch him in Scottish league one I’d rather he was banging in the goals for us than against us. 
Deary fucking me
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...