The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm not convinced Rice is the answer, if it HAS to be him end of season only. The conundrum being if there is money available in January same rules apply. We are already hamstrung with the likes of McKay on a three year deal, he will need to wheel and deal and try to get rid of some of the dugshite at least short term. No easy task. It might be whoever comes in gets a tune out of the current players, Sheerin seemed convinced they showed enough in training, but it certainly didn't transfer on the pitch. 

44 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I'm not convinced Rice is the answer, if it HAS to be him end of season only. The conundrum being if there is money available in January same rules apply. We are already hamstrung with the likes of McKay on a three year deal, he will need to wheel and deal and try to get rid of some of the dugshite at least short term. No easy task. It might be whoever comes in gets a tune out of the current players, Sheerin seemed convinced they showed enough in training, but it certainly didn't transfer on the pitch. 

We badly need a goal scorer. Rices top scoring striker in his last full season at accies scored 3 goals. 

10 hours ago, Russ said:

As an actual manager and being able to get the most out of players he was very good. But I’d argue that Hartleys January recruitment (before he lost his mind in the summer) was a better transfer window than any under Houston.

Hartley didn't lose his mind , he had a new recruitment strategy forced on him by Craig Campbell as part of his Project Premiership fiasco.

Hartley has never done anything like that before or since.  

45 minutes ago, Trump said:

Pointless sacking Sheerin if Holt is in charge in picking his replacement. Whilst there’s no obvious candidate, would be severely underwhelmed with Rice.

I don’t think Holt has had anything to do with it. I’d also be surprised if Holt brings in the new year as a Falkirk employee 🤞🏼
However I think you should be prepared to be underwhelmed as I expect Rice to be announced any day. 

49 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Hartley didn't lose his mind , he had a new recruitment strategy forced on him by Craig Campbell as part of his Project Premiership fiasco.

Hartley has never done anything like that before or since.  

Rubbish- it was Hartley and super scout who signed a bunch of jobbers without ever seeing them play.

I don’t think Holt has had anything to do with it. I’d also be surprised if Holt brings in the new year as a Falkirk employee [emoji1694]
However I think you should be prepared to be underwhelmed as I expect Rice to be announced any day. 
Its pretty grim that our summer search for a manager had Brian Rice, Peter Grant and Paul Sheerin as frontrunners and all 3 were deservedly chased from their respective clubs before Christmas.
I'm pretty underwhelmed by Rice if he gets it but we are where we are and hopefully we can drastically improve on player recruitment which has been our main issue

35 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Rubbish- it was Hartley and super scout who signed a bunch of jobbers without ever seeing them play.

Said super scout was actually introduced to the club by Paul Hartley as well, despite the ineptitude above him in the board room Hartley made an absolute mess of that summer transfer window and it was nobody’s fault but his own. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

I’ll be disappointed if it’s Rice myself but I just can’t think of anyone else. Also, the fact we tried to get him from Hamilton before Sheerin tells you were are interested in him. As said before we won’t all agree on the new manager, that’s football. I’d have preferred McIntyre with Kerr or Ian Murray.

I hope it’s just until the end of the a season if it’s Rice so we don’t need to pay him off if it goes tits up. 

What's the point of a new board, fans getting involved etc if we're not going to advertise the manager's job and go through the candidates? We're supposed to be changing from the boardroom down and yet would be giving the job to Rice without going through due process, exactly what we did with Hartley. If we were to advertise, interview etc and Rice gets the job then fair enough but basically a coronation doesn't sit right, if that's what happens. 

I see the FSS are having a night in behind the goals on monday to meet and discuss with the new board members,  might ask about manager's job then if I can get along and it hasn't been done already!

McIntyre turned us down in the past. No second chances now he is desperate for a job please….
Don't get this, maybe situation didn't suit last time, job I'm in just now I was offered before and turned it down, doesn't mean I work less hard now, if it was straight choice between Rice or McIntyre, I'd bite my own hand off for McIntyre,, I think Rice has disaster written all over it, nothing to do with his personal problems, he was awful for Hamilton and there fans were wanting him out for ages