Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Russ said:

Rather minor in the grand scheme of things that need done (namely booting Holt and Thomson as far out of the town as possible) and appointing a new management team. But I’d hope one of the things the new board would do would be to approach Dave Mac and offer him a proper deal. For someone who down so much for the club as a volunteer he should be a paid employee. He would have been hurting just as much as us watching that dogshit on Saturday.

100% agree, offer the man a contract and secure his services solely for us. Added to Saturdays misery hearing him announcing the goalscorers, must have been horrible for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I still think Bateman's been brought on board simply because his knowledge on running football teams and how things are done in football is second to none at the club and with a number of new directors on board that experience will prove invaluable certainly over the next few months.   It's pretty obvious going by this thread that whatever the new guys do won't please everyone . Rather them than me but good luck to them none the less.

Edited by Shadwell Dog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So if you remember, I was the guy who made the formal complaint after a Director sent a highly abusive text about to my son on October the 20th. I considered his position untenable. Clearly Mr Deans did not. He went so far as to bring in an investigator to “investigate my complaint”. Stuff came to the surface that in all honesty, rendered the investigation null and void, and a complete farce.

A reveal that the Director owned up to what he had done “immediately” then begged the question “so what exactly are you investigating more than three weeks later”?
 

I was told I would have the process explained in full…..it didn’t happen.

I was told I would be provided with a detailed timeline of the investigation……it didn’t happen.

I have asked for the Terms of Reference document detailing what the investigator could and could not do. I haven’t got it. Please be aware that an investigation that doesn’t have an up front ToR has little to no credibility, and in and of itself, it could be considered seriously iffy.

The Investigator gave Mr Deans his findings and recommendations before I was aware of the investigation taking place. Ludicrous. The Investigator also made recommendations based on his belief that the Director did not breach the threshold that would require him to step down. The investigator is the only person that I have spoken to who holds this view, but that was the one Mr Deans went with. There was an opinion voiced that I and my son had been involved in “potential criminality” within the bounds of the investigation.

The investigation was so thorough that it had not uncovered that my son played no part in my complaint, therefore his “potential criminality” must have been that he read the text the Director sent to him (see what I mean about farce)? The investigator has spent his entire career until very recently in the public sector, and has I am sure, an impeccable record in that respect.

However,  I am baffled as to his in depth knowledge of behavioural thresholds for Directors in the private sector, and that he can determine suitable punishments when his involvement in the private sector is around 2 years duration. It’s certainly out there for discussion.

So this brings me to the letter Mr Deans has sent to me……and in some respects, to every Falkirk fan. I reject it in its entirety. All Board members ‘agreed” with its content. There is now only one of those left in office. I will put up a nice redacted version of the letter soon. This should hammer the final nail into the coffin of what FFC had become under the previous stewardship. It is utterly shameful.

THIS IN NO WAY REFLECTS ON THE NEWCOMERS TO THE BOARD. THE NEW PEOPLE HAVE GIVEN ME REAL HOPE A BETTER FUTURE FOR THE CLUB THAT WE ALL CARE SO MUCH FOR……..EVEN AFTER IT HAS BEEN USED AS A WEAPON AGAINST ITS OWN FANS SUPPORTERS & CUSTOMERS.

WELCOME NEW BOARD MEMBERS. LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Apart from being a skid mark of a human being Goodwillie is a genuine halfwit.

Once he is finished in football (probably still be picking up wee brown envelopes in the Juniors well into his 40's) he will have to learn which end of a brush to use as he starts his new and final career as a street sweeper.

He will end up on the tar the like everyone else in the Raploch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, latapythelegend said:

This was 2 years ago. No documented relapse since.

If this is the attitude have towards recovering gambling addicts then no wonder so many fall back into it. 

You'd think he was a criminal the way people refer to his past. It's embarrassing.

Well said 👏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

This was 2 years ago. No documented relapse since.

If this is the attitude have towards recovering gambling addicts then no wonder so many fall back into it. 

You'd think he was a criminal the way people refer to his past. It's embarrassing.

Again the other point I was trying to make is his other issues with the SFA and comments and disciplinary for comments or actions (say 10 - 30k in fines possibly more depending is money well spent just for comments made about decisions etc) made and like I say I can't understand the clamour for appointing Rice anyway.  Admittedly as a no2 to the likes to Hughes, Stubbs etc he done well but other than Accies in a constant relegation battle its a risk.

Also if you really want to bring that up as a point then your also putting up an argument for the rapist it wasn't proven in a criminal court but in a private issue does that mean its ok then ? or is that a justification as well just because there was no criminality done (its the same argument).

Like I say my issue with Rice is I think its the wrong or would be the wrong appointment at the wrong time and its an unproven quantity which we are probably going to need to go for but other than his time as a player and a no 2 at the club and knowing what it means to us he is no different to any other gamble we go for. We don't know what style of play he is going to go for, we don't know if he has the ability to turn it around.  Looking at his stats as well that's not good.

Screenshot 2021-12-07 at 19.04.33.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh aye the biggest drawback with Rice is definitely the rancid job he done with Hamilton. His personal issues shouldn’t even come into consideration.

I definitely don’t want him as our next manager and it’s purely down to the job he done at Hamilton. I think a lot of people have been blinded by the fact he’s an ex player and was part of a previous successful management team and are severely overlooking the catastrophic failure that has been his only job in management so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No to Rice, as much as he was part of a fantastic time for a lot of Bairns. Liking the idea of Murray, so worth a look (and possible tapping-up fine)

From the betting odds, there’s nothing great (and to be honest, would they want to be part of our selection process having been rejected, albeit by others no longer in charge)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Russ said:

Rather minor in the grand scheme of things that need done (namely booting Holt and Thomson as far out of the town as possible) and appointing a new management team. But I’d hope one of the things the new board would do would be to approach Dave Mac and offer him a proper deal. For someone who down so much for the club as a volunteer he should be a paid employee. He would have been hurting just as much as us watching that dogshit on Saturday.

Spot on.

Also the back-up announcer is pish

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

No doubting that Goodwillie is an excellent player but there are times when he looks to me like he can't be arsed. May just be his demeanor or laid back style but he does come over that way some times.

Having said that, if you're miles better than most of those that you're playing with then it must be hard to stay positive all of the time.

I am amazed that he has put up with the crap that he has around him in his time with us for so long.  This year the crap has reached a new high.

Not complaining but i know that i couldnt have.

I think the way he comes across is mainly out of frustration as playing in a decent L1 team he would easily score 30+ a season.

A fair chunk of the goals he scores arent even half chances and you think to youself "how the hell did he manage that"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

So if you remember, I was the guy who made the formal complaint after a Director sent a highly abusive text about to my son on October the 20th. I considered his position untenable. Clearly Mr Deans did not. He went so far as to bring in an investigator to “investigate my complaint”. Stuff came to the surface that in all honesty, rendered the investigation null and void, and a complete farce.

A reveal that the Director owned up to what he had done “immediately” then begged the question “so what exactly are you investigating more than three weeks later”?
 

I was told I would have the process explained in full…..it didn’t happen.

I was told I would be provided with a detailed timeline of the investigation……it didn’t happen.

I have asked for the Terms of Reference document detailing what the investigator could and could not do. I haven’t got it. Please be aware that an investigation that doesn’t have an up front ToR has little to no credibility, and in and of itself, it could be considered seriously iffy.

The Investigator gave Mr Deans his findings and recommendations before I was aware of the investigation taking place. Ludicrous. The Investigator also made recommendations based on his belief that the Director did not breach the threshold that would require him to step down. The investigator is the only person that I have spoken to who holds this view, but that was the one Mr Deans went with. There was an opinion voiced that I and my son had been involved in “potential criminality” within the bounds of the investigation.

The investigation was so thorough that it had not uncovered that my son played no part in my complaint, therefore his “potential criminality” must have been that he read the text the Director sent to him (see what I mean about farce)? The investigator has spent his entire career until very recently in the public sector, and has I am sure, an impeccable record in that respect.

However,  I am baffled as to his in depth knowledge of behavioural thresholds for Directors in the private sector, and that he can determine suitable punishments when his involvement in the private sector is around 2 years duration. It’s certainly out there for discussion.

So this brings me to the letter Mr Deans has sent to me……and in some respects, to every Falkirk fan. I reject it in its entirety. All Board members ‘agreed” with its content. There is now only one of those left in office. I will put up a nice redacted version of the letter soon. This should hammer the final nail into the coffin of what FFC had become under the previous stewardship. It is utterly shameful.

THIS IN NO WAY REFLECTS ON THE NEWCOMERS TO THE BOARD. THE NEW PEOPLE HAVE GIVEN ME REAL HOPE A BETTER FUTURE FOR THE CLUB THAT WE ALL CARE SO MUCH FOR……..EVEN AFTER IT HAS BEEN USED AS A WEAPON AGAINST ITS OWN FANS SUPPORTERS & CUSTOMERS.

WELCOME NEW BOARD MEMBERS. LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED.

I think it’s fair to say you beat them, they’re gone now and part of our history, now let it go furfucksake.

It really is time to leave it be. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sick boy said:

The worst part is having Clyde fans drawn here almost immediately as he is mentioned trying to sugar coat the fact they have a beast up front IMO.

As has been said before he was found guilty in a civil court and has paid his dues to society according to the law of the land.

Surely he therefore has the right to carry on with his life just like any other human being.

Though know that people have long memories and wont forget and he will always get barracked at away games until he packs it in.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

As has been said before he was found guilty in a civil court and has paid his dues to society according to the law of the land.

Surely he therefore has the right to carry on with his life just like any other human being.

Though know that people have long memories and wont forget and he will always get barracked at away games until he packs it in.

 

 

If you shagged a sheep just once, you’d be known as a sheep shagger for the rest of your life!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...