The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

At this stage I would rule out anyone in a job. Who knows, that might change come the summer but at the moment I think we’ll appoint someone currently unattached. Rice, Young, McIntyre, Kettlewell is probably the pond we are fishing in. Hardly exciting and most likely to be Rice IMO. 

Agreed. Not sure anyone in a safe job would want to entertain Falkirk whilst things are still largely uncertain . Whilst fan support positive- the monies involved are still relatively small and no idea whether the new fan involvement will be a success. I would imagine only a FT person in a much lower league might be of interest at this stage. In 6 months time the attraction of the club on a sound base I could see as being a very attractive opportunity- thats why my guess is it will be a 6 month contract until stability is restored. If its good enough for Man Utd its good enough for Falkirk

59 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, that's fine, but this is supposed to be a new start. Hannibal is right, IMO, in saying that all of the shit that we've seen over the last year or so should now be left in the past. I don't think we want a situation where folk are holding grudges when we should all be attempting to pull in the same direction.

What's happened has happened, we can't change it, but we can attempt to make the future a bit brighter. Drawing a line under past differences can surely help with that?

No he is not right. This is not a grudge. You know the people involved, and it has nothing to do with dragging up the past. There were things that put in place by Deans that hopefully will be dismantled. This wasn’t an attempt to slap me down. This was a construct of intimidation that fell apart because it was so poorly managed. It should never happen again to anyone without proper cause. In my case, there was no proper cause, and I am sure if it had happened to you, your view would be very different.

I am one of the dwindling band of people who was at the 57 Final…..both games. Sadly, I have no memory of them as I was just a toddler. On this issue, I really don’t need any “move on” messages. This wasn’t me being denied a signed ball.

Anyone want to question my commitment past present and future to FFC, come right ahead, but unless you had experienced the last two months of being up close and personal to what they were trying to do to me and mine, then I really don’t need advice on how I should feel or act.

As stated, I am 100% behind the new guys. I have my wee drop shares, I have my ST, and I have like many others, paid my year up front to the FSS no questions asked. I am as forward looking as any other supporter, and I probably give way more time and effort than I should at my age. Allow me to voice what happened to me. Just skip by if it’s not for you.

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

No he is not right. This is not a grudge. You know the people involved, and it has nothing to do with dragging up the past. There were things that put in place by Deans that hopefully will be dismantled. This wasn’t an attempt to slap me down. This was a construct of intimidation that fell apart because it was so poorly managed. It should never happen again to anyone without proper cause. In my case, there was no proper cause, and I am sure if it had happened to you, your view would be very different.

I am one of the dwindling band of people who was at the 57 Final…..both games. Sadly, I have no memory of them as I was just a toddler. On this issue, I really don’t need any “move on” messages. This wasn’t me being denied a signed ball.

Anyone want to question my commitment past present and future to FFC, come right ahead, but unless you had experienced the last two months of being up close and personal to what they were trying to do to me and mine, then I really don’t need advice on how I should feel or act.

As stated, I am 100% behind the new guys. I have my wee drop shares, I have my ST, and I have like many others, paid my year up front to the FSS no questions asked. I am as forward looking as any other supporter, and I probably give way more time and effort than I should at my age. Allow me to voice what happened to me. Just skip by if it’s not for you.

I didn't say it had anything to do with dragging up the past, I said that I feel that past differences should be left there to allow us all to move on. I wasn't specifically referring to your situation and If there are other things that have happened between you and said director I have no knowledge of them. Neither am I questioning your commitment to FFC either now or previously so I really don't see the need for you to infer that I am.

I agree though that I'll skip by because I've read enough toxic shit on here to last me a lifetime.

3 hours ago, StuartA said:

It’s a mutually beneficial partnership, I’d say. 

B4L contributions to the club will now be by way of a share purchase. The shares will be held with the wider FSS shareholding.  B4L contributors will be offered FSS membership, unless they opt out. And the FSS will give B4L webspace. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Negativity Love GIF by Shalita Grant

I agree with earlier shouts to give it to Houstie til the end of the season then give him the DoF gig, tho be interesting to see how Grainger gets on in the interim. I quite like the cut of his jib as he comes over a no nonsense type, and he'll need to be. I think it's fair to say most of the team have shown themselves to be a least competent however sporadically.

Interesting first game in charge for him given the opposition and how at least basically competent they are. Good luck Danny x 

Holt can surely be put on gardening leave or otherwise mutuallyed. Anything to get the clown shoes toe stepping gibbering goon tf would be another positive step

Edited by Senator Frimpton

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

If a DoF's role is to go out and find players then Houston is not the man for that job, unless we just want to see the same faces from the central belt. 

Honestly!

How did scouring far and wide work out for us.

Dallison, Brough, Owen-Evans and Lewis - *Dennon f****in Lewis* 🤬

Like the allure of a foreign signing, just because you've never heard of them doesn't make them any better than guys that have been around.

I'll take Houston's cup final squad over any I've seen since thanks very much.

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

If a DoF's role is to go out and find players then Houston is not the man for that job, unless we just want to see the same faces from the central belt. 

Aye we'll just have to look at whoever Hearts or Hibs have released to predict our next signing.

Guest Ecosse83
8 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Honestly!

Like the allure of a foreign signing, just because you've never heard of them doesn't make them any better than guys that have been around.

How many of that Cup final squad did Houston actually sign? 

Houston’s dodgy recruitment massively contributed to our downward spiral on the pitch. The shouts of him as DOF are absolutely wild 😂

Here’s a reminder of Houston’s signings https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/heres-every-player-peter-houston-signed-falkirk-153523%3famp

Edited by Ecosse83

14 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Honestly!

Think Houston signed 3 of the starting 11.

21 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Honestly!

Houston signed hardly any members of that squad. It started to fall apart for him when he actually had to sign his own players rather than coach the ones he had left to him. His recruitment was terrible.

19 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

How many of that Cup final squad did Houston actually sign? 

Houston’s dodgy recruitment massively contributed to our downward spiral on the pitch. The shouts of him as DOF are absolutely wild 😂

Here’s a reminder of Houston’s signings https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/heres-every-player-peter-houston-signed-falkirk-153523%3famp

'Dodgy recruitment". Plenty of those head and shoulders above what has come after. 

Agreed the Cup final squad a poor comparison but signing guys like Taiwo, Kerr, Miller and countless others in that list I'd say it was more hits than misses.

Had Houstons tenure not dropped off as suddenly as it did he'd be given more credit.

Anyone reading this thread back to the start would form the opinion no manager or player in Scotland is ever good enough for us and it's wearing 😞

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

'Dodgy recruitment". Plenty of those head and shoulders above what has come after. 

Agreed the Cup final squad a poor comparison but signing guys like Taiwo, Kerr, Miller and countless others in that list I'd say it was more hits than misses.

Had Houstons tenure not dropped off as suddenly as it did he'd be given more credit.

Anyone reading this thread back to the start would form the opinion no manager or player in Scotland is ever good enough for us and it's wearing 😞

The facts are the majority of Houston’s signings were very poor, the successes came from seasoned pro’s who me and you could have signed no bother. Yes more of them would have worked out just now but that’s simply because we are in basically what is a part time league so again it’s a pointless comparison to where we were then to where we are now. 

Houston tactically was very good for us but unfortunately his signings were ultimately poor!